• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you "fix" the Sonic franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Since when is it idiotic to think that a series with a huge demand for an international release.
I_detect_fail.jpg

10,000 fans =/= Huge demand for international release.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Then what would you call "huge demand"? If 10,000 people, plus the other everyday people who would pick the games up, isn't a big number, i don't know what is.

BCVM22

If 10,000 people, plus the other everyday people who would pick the games up, isn't a big number, i don't know what is.

You can't be serious. A game selling 10,000 units would be as much of an unconditional failure in sales as possible. That might not even recoup the costs of production and release.

BCVM22

Not JUST those, there would be other gamers buying it aswell.

That's the thing, is that no, there wouldn't be, or at least there wouldn't be in any appreciable numbers. If there were, there's little to no chance that those "other games" you mistakenly think exist would exceed three to four times that arbitrary 10,000 number, and 30,000-40,000 units in sales is still an unequivocal failure.

No more foolishness now. The end.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Look, i'm sorry, i know i have a bit of a bee in my bonnet when it comes to localising of games - Mother in particular - but now you're saying that nobody is going to buy it and not even giving a reason for saying it...

BCVM22

but now you're saying that nobody is going to buy it and not even giving a reason for saying it...

I'm not the one saying that. Nintendo is, by virtue of them not localizing it. Mother 3 is how old now? 3 years? And for a last-generation piece of hardware, no less. That such time has passed and the hardware has long since died out without the game being localized is saying really all it needs to, that the regional Nintendo subsidaries don't feel the game would sell well enough to localize and release it internationally. That would seem to prove sufficient basis for what I'm telling you, no?

Chagen46

Hell Crasher
Hiding behind the "Everyone has opinions that can't be wrong!" defense is more immature that using evidence to prove something.

Hearing this from a person who's opinion is for every Mother game to be released outside Japan, that other contries ethier than Japan should release video games first and that every single video game soundtrack should be in stores.

Opinion can't hide idiodicy.

No matter how much bullcrap you make up to hide things, your arguements are still the same thing:

"Your opinions are wrong because I say they are."

Act your god-damn age or get the hell out.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
No matter how much bullcrap you make up to hide things, your arguements are still the same thing:

No, my argument is Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06 are horrible games with a crappy story, terrible controls, and is glitchy as hell. The old Sonic games were great because they offered great platforming with speed.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!

Irony is the greatest form of sarcasm and the lowest form of wit.

Sonic 06 was Glitchy, Buggy, Slow, had a terrible plot, Had a shitty control scheme and was generally, a bad game.

Thar are thee pots n kettles. Yaharr....

mostlyjoe

Ghost Trainer
I would release a Sega Console. And then with a new art team working on Sonic. Delete everything you know past the 1st game and give it a new go.

Rave

Banned
Sure, in situations like that.

The bottom line is, if idiots can't accept a person's opinion, then they need to act their age.

You're right. You should also accept our opinions on how we think you have such shitty taste in games.

I enjoyed Sonic 06. I absolutely LOVED ShTH.

Had no idea you loved playing with garbage.

Or because they are actually fact with supported evidence.

Or you shut the hell up or I infract you for mini modding.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
You know what, i don't even know why i bother. Everybody has different opinions and tastes. If you can't accept that i have a different opinion to you, kindly stand on a bridge and jump off.

Rave

Banned
You know what, i don't even know why i bother. Everybody has different opinions and tastes. If you can't accept that i have a different opinion to you, kindly stand on a bridge and jump off.

Ok, you first.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
What is so hard about accepting that i have a different opinion? Everybody likes different things. Can a person not express their opinion without being flamed? I just cannot win.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
What is so hard about accepting that i have a different opinion? Everybody likes different things. Can a person not express their opinion without being flamed? I just cannot win.

Because all you do is whine about your opinion without backing it up with any form of logic or reason.

Rave

Banned

Or you could just do the simple thing and take it like a man and stop crying about how you complain how your opinion is mistreated and move on.

Or at least try to back it up with some decent logic and reasoning, which you've failed to do, and instead of complaining how we are all harassing you.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
It is possible to just "like" something without having a reason, you know...

Very well then;

When i bought Sonic 06, i had NO IDEA that it was so widely considered a bad game. I usually listen to these things, so if i would have known, i would have thought twice about buying it, but since i didn't then i just bought it and played it. Because i actaully think of the new games as individuals instead of comparing them to the old games, i didn't really see any flaws apart from the long loading times. I never saw any glitches or anything like that, and the graphics were bright, so i enjoyed it. Cheap deaths aside, it's not the WORST Sonic game, but i DO think it could have been a lot better.

As for Shadow, i bought that because it looked cool and i thought that guns suited him - do bear in mind that i was 10 at the time - and i never saw a proper review of the game, plus my mate played it and he really liked it.

See, i don't look for all the tiniest flaws in these games, i look for all the good bits; gameplay, cutscenes, enemies, music, all that stuff. I enjoy them for what they are individually instead of comparing them to the older ones.

There, is that good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.