• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you "fix" the Sonic franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Maybe it could be Sonic himself without the sword, teamate, Werehog or airboard

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Okay, as a little question to you all, out of all of Sonic's friends, which would you be happy with actually staying in the games?

I'd personally be happy with Tails, Knuckles, and maybe Amy.

Oh, and Bigs. Can't forget him.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Espio. Mabye bring back some old fellows like Mighty and Fang and some newcomers like Blaze and Big.

striker

I AM THAT IS
Stop on bringing in new random animals unless you fully explain the back story of how sonic and the others are on earth in the first place.

3 HEDGEHOG IS UNECESSARY

Dont try and reinvent the timeline (Talking about sonic 06)

Lastly no cheesy poor attempts at getting fans back into the game (secret rings, werehog, black knight)

Stop adding half a dozen new characters with every new game. Remove all the deadpan characters like Blaze and the like. And most importantly of all, fix that goddamn camera!

Chaos Rush

Reboot the entire series.

Remake Sonic the Hedgehog (1991), Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles into one huge epic game for the Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360. Make it so that you can actually run through loops (I hate how as soon as you enter a loop in a stage, it's as if a mini-cutscene plays where your character automatically runs through the loop). Fix the TERRIBLE camera angles. The only characters should be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman (and Amy, but only if they don't make her a whiny little girl). Also get rid of the terrible voice actors, and the terrible lines. Pretend that every Sonic game released after 1994 never happened.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Don't forget to get rid of that god ****ing damn stupid barrel stage.

Tryanitar

i would make them 3-d adventure ganes agin and bring back the choa garden

Surfing_Pikachu

BCVM22

No. It has no effect on what must be played through for purposes of completing the game. None. Zero. It's a nice distraction (I liked the Chao raising too, don't get me wrong) but to try and make the case that Shadow or Unleashed or '06 would have been better titles with a Chao Garden is just outright insanity.

The argument is no more valid now than it was the last time it was attempted.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Put the Chao Garden argument like this.

Say Pokemon Ranch were to be included in every pokemon game from now on. Would that make the game itself any better? No, because Pokemon Ranch is just a side addition that has no effect at all on the actual game.

Saying that a Chao garden would helped recent Sonic games is (and this is a bit exaggerated mind you) like saying that adding in an interesting side feature would make a total disaster of a game playable.

Surfing_Pikachu

Say Pokemon Ranch were to be included in every pokemon game from now on. Would that make the game itself any better? No, because Pokemon Ranch is just a side addition that has no effect at all on the actual game.

Saying that a Chao garden would helped recent Sonic games is (and this is a bit exaggerated mind you) like saying that adding in an interesting side feature would make a total disaster of a game playable.
Good point. I suppose I'm forgetting how amazing the SA series was... compared to recent ones.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Tak it back to 2d.

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush do that already.

I heard they were pretty good games, which is why sega needs to try and experiment with that and make a 2d console game.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Well, we should probably see how good New Super Mario Wii will be fir-

Oh who are we kidding, it's going to be awesome. Hopefully you can unlock other characters to play as though. Having 3 and 4 player being stuck with Toads while the other two have the Mario brothers? Not very fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.