• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you "fix" the Sonic franchise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chagen46

Hell Crasher
I contemplated suicide.

Considering that Chagen46 is a Tyranitar, a Ninetales and an Absol (which we all know are the coolest and edgiest Pokémon), is located wherever he can enjoy sexual intercourse with appealing females, and signs off at the end of his posts, I'd say his opinion is simply too deep for us.

You know, the fact that you guys are so immature that you can't take the fact that I have an opinion that differs from yours, is quite amazing.

You should search up the definition of opinion. It's meaning is quite breathtaking.

swalot=yes

<-Get in ma bella!
What they need to do is make sonic better. Make him faster. Make the whole game better. I know that absolutely everybody agrees with me. would you like a suckle? yes please.

BCVM22

So your suggestion for higher-quality games is to make them better.

Wow. Mind = blown. Write that on some paper, put it in an envelope, take it to the post office and tell them "what's inside this envelope will revolutionize the world we live in today. SEND THIS TO JAPAN!!!!11111one" and then sit back and watch the world change around you.

:|

You know, the fact that you guys are so immature that you can't take the fact that I have an opinion that differs from yours, is quite amazing.

You should search up the definition of opinion. It's meaning is quite breathtaking.

I'm sure that it is impossible to like all of those titles, specifically sonic '06

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I'm sure that it is impossible to like all of those titles, specifically sonic '06

It's not impossible. I liked all three Xenosaga games and most people can't stand Episode II.

Ajiryn

Eevee-lutionist
They need to get back to the roots. Make Sonic 'Sonic' again, y'know?

However, MovieBob's view on the subject is very interesting to watch- Though, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to him.

You've got his name, though- lookim' up.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

But your opinion sucks.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
But your opinion sucks.

Nobody has a "good" or "bad" opinion. Everybody thinks differently and likes different things, and thinking something that somebody else doesn't does not make it wrong.

Just the fact that you said his opinion sucks proves what he was saying about not accepting other's opinions being immature.

I love all the new characters. I prefer 3D to 2D. I thought Sonic 06 was an okay game.

But does the fact that i think it make it a fact? No. It's MY OPINION. You don't have to like it, i don't have to like yours. What somebody else thinks should have no affect on the rest of us.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
It doesn't need fixing. It's fine as is. Sonic Heroes was alright, Shadow was one the most awesome games I have played in my life, Sonic 06' was barely okay but still enjoyable, and Unleashed was pure awesome.

Look: You f**ktards ***** about every new sonic game just because you want one like the originals; You compare every new sonic game to Sonic 1-3, instead of enjoying these new ones for what they are.

While you sit there, whining your asses off about a problem that doesn't even exist, I'll enjoy the latest sonic games.

-Chagen46, jacking out.

There's no shame in you liking the new Sonic games, but that doesn't make them good. General consensus is that these are bad games, and can you really argue? Sonic games used to be of the same standard as Mario, and to see glitchtastic games like Sonic 06 with bad camera, bad physics, mediocre story and poor pacing is a hurtful blow. They're not entirely bad games; Sonic Heroes got around 70% average in reviews, which is considered an above average score, but it still has crippling problems and is nowhere near reaching the SEGA-standard we see in the classics.

It's not a nostalgia thing either - we're not complaining that we want a game just like the classics, we're complaining that we want a game that's as GOOD as the classics.

jellsprout

So your suggestion for higher-quality games is to make them better.

Wow. Mind = blown. Write that on some paper, put it in an envelope, take it to the post office and tell them "what's inside this envelope will revolutionize the world we live in today. SEND THIS TO JAPAN!!!!11111one" and then sit back and watch the world change around you.

:|

Sorry, it's not entirely revolutionary at all. They already did this with DK64.
Remember, he was bigger, faster and stronger too.

Anyway, I think the main problem with the recent games is the fact that they try to imitate other series too much.
Sonic '06 tries to be like Final Fantasy, ShTH tries to be like GTA. And that doesn't work with furry little animals.

bobjr

Staff member
Nobody has a "good" or "bad" opinion. Everybody thinks differently and likes different things, and thinking something that somebody else doesn't does not make it wrong.

Just the fact that you said his opinion sucks proves what he was saying about not accepting other's opinions being immature.

I love all the new characters. I prefer 3D to 2D. I thought Sonic 06 was an okay game.

But does the fact that i think it make it a fact? No. It's MY OPINION. You don't have to like it, i don't have to like yours. What somebody else thinks should have no affect on the rest of us.

Opinions can be good or bad. I can go around saying that it's my opinion that women shouldn't be allowed to vote, but common sense would prove me wrong. Common sense is what make opinions good or back, which you seem to lack.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
One thing that would help would be if people allaborated on their comments.

Make them better is in obvious need of this, but also, the bring him back to his roots comment. By doing what?

I seem to recall Sega claiming they were going back to his roots for uh... all his games. going back to roots must mean add more bad gimmicks in Segaese.

Last edited:

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Opinions can be good or bad. I can go around saying that it's my opinion that women shouldn't be allowed to vote, but common sense would prove me wrong. Common sense is what make opinions good or back, which you seem to lack.

No, everybody thinks differently. One person's common sense will be saying "This is the worst game ever!" while another person's common sense will be saying "Wow, this game is amazing!" No two people think the same, which proves that nobody is right or wrong when it comes to opinions, it's just what people think.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
No, everybody thinks differently. One person's common sense will be saying "This is the worst game ever!" while another person's common sense will be saying "Wow, this game is amazing!" No two people think the same, which proves that nobody is right or wrong when it comes to opinions, it's just what people think.
So if I said my opinion is that your opinion is wrong could you really negate that?
Or if I say I think we should just kill everyone whoever liked shadow the hedgehog in my opinion would it be wrong?
See where I'm going with this. If we're never allowed to refute peoples opinions on things we'd never get anywhere in life. Using the in my opinion mechanism to get out of an argument is the silliest thing ever. I had to argue with someone that Amity square was not slower then running outside of it without a pokemon. But he used the in my opinion option to bail out when he was clearly wrong. Hell I even went ahead and timed it to see if I was right.
Instead of saying that defend yourself using good evidence.

Last edited:

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
So if I said my opinion is that your opinion is wrong could you really negate that?
Or if I say I think we should just kill everyone whoever liked shadow the hedgehog in my opinion would it be wrong?
See where I'm going with this. If we're never allowed to refute peoples opinions on things we'd never get anywhere in life. Using the in my opinion mechanism to get out of an argument is the silliest thing ever. I had to argue with someone that Amity square was not slower then running outside of it without a pokemon. But he used the in my opinion option to bail out when he was clearly wrong. Hell I even went ahead and timed it to see if I was right.
Instead of saying that defend yourself using good evidence.

Sure, in situations like that.

The bottom line is, if idiots can't accept a person's opinion, then they need to act their age.

I enjoyed Sonic 06. I absolutely LOVED ShTH.

Those are my opinions, anyway. You don't have to agree, all i ask is that you don't think i'm stupid for having a different opinion. It's MY OPINION that what Arekku_Koro said about doing a new retro Sonic game is a good idea. Hell, i WAS ACTAULLY going to say that.

bobjr

Staff member
The bottom line is, if idiots can't accept a person's opinion, then they need to act their age.

Hiding behind the "Everyone has opinions that can't be wrong!" defense is more immature that using evidence to prove something.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!

Hearing this from a person who's opinion is for every Mother game to be released outside Japan, that other contries ethier than Japan should release video games first and that every single video game soundtrack should be in stores.

Opinion can't hide idiodicy.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Since when is it idiotic to think that a series with a huge demand for an international release and doesn't even LOOK Japanese or has nothing that ties it to Japan should not be released worldwide?

Anyway, for the sake of being on topic, i feel that if SEGA can carry on the way they're going BUT WITHOUT having any gimmicks, the series will do just fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.