• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you have wanted a SwSh anime to be like?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I thought this might be a fun topic to discuss; a lot of people seemed to want a genuine SwSh anime instead of Journeys (me included) but nobody really talks about what they wanted to see implemented beyond general characters.

I would’ve loved going back to traveling, SM was a fun difference in the formula but the hub model at this point has more limitations and cons than positives to me. Gloria, Ash, and Allister would’ve made a neat group going by traditional standards; Gloria would’ve challenged the Gyms alongside Ash, a friendly rivalry between the two could’ve been a cool fresh dynamic on the cast. Or even something like a Ruby and Sapphire plot in the manga, where both of them make a pact and go off to do their own thing but come together occasionally. Allister just gives off companion vibes and it’d be a cool switch up to have the male companion be younger/less experienced than Ash since that usually isn’t the case. Allister traveling with them could’ve been caused by being demoted to the Minor League, kind of a Clemont situation but one more serious/dire. Like that Bea could be the Gym Leader instead and there’d be an arc-related reason for it. Actually, thinking about it like this, Gloria and Ash could’ve challenged the different version-exclusive GL’s to keep things fresh. We know there are more than 8 Gyms per region in the anime, so that would’ve been perfect. Hop, Marnie, and Bede all being rivals would’ve been really cool as well.

I think SwSh probably had the most potential out of any game to be adapted superbly well in the anime, and quite honestly surpass the games by a country mile bc the potential was just that strong. The drama of the Gym Challenge, battles being so huge and integral, and despite how poor the game’s story was, Galar has legit interesting lore that would’ve no doubt been expanded on in an anime. JN is conceptually amazing and has had a lot of great moments but I honestly would trade it in a heartbeat for a dedicated SwSh anime just to see all that potential realized.

Last edited:
Ash using his reserves or Ash and Serena’s kid

ZarudeSandstorm

Goh decides that he wants to become Pokemon trainer and since he lives in Vermillion city he takes train to Veridian City so he can go to Pallet town to Oak to get his first starter. Meanwhile,
In professor Oak's lab Ash learns that there's Galar region and new phenomenon exclusive to that region: Dynamax and new Pokemon to discover and meet. Goh enters Oak's lab and meets Ash but he rejects Kanto starters since he doesn't feel connected to them. Ash tells Goh that he will leave for Galar, Goh says that he heard about that region but never being there so he decides to tag along aswell.

Plane took off with Ash, Pikachu and Goh going to Wyndon City to start their adventure. Basically there, Goh meets Galar starters from Cerise lab and chooses Scorbunny. Ash learns about Galar league but it's much different than regular league.

Galar league is like this:

Firstly you need to enter Wyndon Deciding Cup since a lots of people will try to enter while Galar league can hold above 10,000 competitors and there are millions of people entering this competition, more than any league. People that can enter are league winners , former E4/Champions, and just strong people in general except current E4, gyms, Brains, and Champions. Current E4 would be like a juries in the league to determine the skill, passion, abilities of trainers, gyms because people need to battle leaders, Brains because they have their own stuff and champions because they're much stronger for them. Winner of Galar league has privilege to battle Leon to show how strong he/she is.
Suffice to say, people that participate in Galar league must have experience, skills in order to progress in Galar league challenge.

Wyndon Deciding Cup is Top 8 Battles which are in different sections( Top 8 in A, Top 8 in B,C,D etc) and can go for days, people that don't win in those sections they can't participate in the conference. Only strong ones will survive.

Ash, Goh, Trio decides to taste their luck( TRIO since they participated in Alola league and Goh because he still can't decide whether he would be a battle or something else. They all end up within Section C of today's matches. Hodge is there too and In final round it was Ash vs Hodge. Before this cup Ash caught one Pokemon in order to have 2 on 2.

After Ash won today's section C, he got instructions for Galar league. He got unfinished transparent Master Ball with a keyhole. In order to enter the conference, you need to finish Master Ball with 10 pieces and final piece is a key. You get 10 pieces from gyms across not just Galar but nearby regions( not main ones) like Almia, Ransei, Lental etc which are near Galar but not as part of Galar. 11th piece is from Raihan who is clearly the strongest gym leader and at that time second strongest in Galar only weaker than Leon. So that means that challengers will have hard time getting that key from Raihan.

After that it all falls down to Goh finding what his dream is : catching Mew( there's backstory that he found Mew when he went camping) since he noticed that battling is not for him.

Ash started catching some Pokemon( mainly same from actual anime: Lucario ,Dragonite) and getting badges- pieces not just from Galar but from nearby regions. He started meeting his companions. Ash also decided to improve his skills he entered Sinnoh Battle Frontier to beat Palmer. He met Brock( who said that he will cheer for him in Galar league), Misty, Dawn( when it comes to Arceus Chronicles), Iris in Galar( she helped them with Day D arc) and also revealed that she participates in Galar league), Cilan, Clemont and Bonnie, Lillie and Kiawe( who also decided to participate in Galar league).

As of main rivals and such Ash has met: Gary who is now Goh's rival and Ash's since he's taken Nando's route, Paul participates in Galar league aswell, Alain aswell, Gladion and Hop too.

When it comes to Raihan, Ash noticed that only one person need to battle him since cap is like 10,896 people in Galar league. Him and Trip registered at same time whereas, Ash battled Trip and won( Pikachu vs Serperior), Ash has met Tyson aswell but Tyson revealed that he didn't make it time since Ash was the last.

As of Galar league
Second biggest ( so far) tournament first being PWC which will come later IMO where Champions participate and E4, begins. Mustard which was former Galar champion enters aswell( Tobias of Galar lol) , also Bede enters too.
Iris however sadly doesn't have Mega Stone but she has Draconium Z move and Dynamax band. Kiawe has all 3: Mega stone Y for his Charizard. Gladion doesn't have Mega Stone. Paul doesn't have Z move because he finds dancing to be cringe. Alain also doesn't have Z move.

Iris ends up in Top 128
Kiawe and Gladion in Top 64
Hop in Top 32( Hop is pretty strong he travelled several regions)
Gary in Top 16
Paul and Alain in Top 8
Ash in Top 4.
Bede is Runner up and Mustard wins.
Galar league structure and gimmick usage is this:
First several battles until they enter 3 digit number which is 512 are 1 on 1 without any gimmick. E4 juries wanna see how 1 Pokemon performs without any gimmick help against other in pure survival combat.

Top 512, Top 256 and Top 128 are 2 on 2 battles where 1 different gimmick per round can be used. Juries wanna see how Competitors use each gimmick differently if they pass onto next round.

Top 64, 32 and 16 are 3 on 3 where only Dynamax can be used as gimmick since Galar is the only region that Pokemon can Dynamax.

Top 8, Top 4 and finale are 6 on 6 and all gimmicks can be used.

As of battles: Ash of course used reserves. Ash battles: Kiawe( Top 64), Hop( 32), Gary ( Top 16), Paul( Top 8) and Mustard in Top 4( Ash lost there). Other battles prior Kiawe one were partially shown or shown fully but it depends on the people that he met throughout Galar, if they were important, battle was shown.
Iris battled Paul in Top 128 and lost.
Gladion fought Alain in Top 64 and lost.
Alain fought Mustard in Top 8 and lost.
Finale is Bede vs Mustard where Mustard won and he challenged Leon with his Urshifu vs Charizard but Charizard one in the end.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash using reserves
Traveling format but the weekly episode format is cut down to yearly 24-26 episode seasons and all the filler and other types of episodes that only exist for padding are cut
All the Galar gym leaders are used

diesglamouris

When I quitted JN after the first episodes, I've declared I'd rather preferred something like SM or XY. Although, on second thought, it could be more like XY (in the sense of the traditional formula of Satoshi & co. exploring the region), as a school like in Alola didn't have fit well in the Galarian environment. I must admit that watching Marnie, Bede, Hop and Satoshi in a classroom conducted by Prof. Sonia would have felt weird.

Now, I'd keep the research fellow idea with Go and Koharu. (She actually would have some interest in Pokémon, instead of her JN first version, because I prefer people not to be obliged to pursue a career they dislike.) They would be invited by Professors Sonia and Magnolia and complete missions around Galar and even Kalos. Go could capture anything he wants (with actual battles, of course), Koharu and her starter Eevee could try anything she wants, and Satoshi, as Alola Champion, would enter to an exclusive Masters Tournament (a PWC held every four years, hosted this year in Wyndon, but only with Gym Leaders or equivalents, E4, League and Regional Champions and the unbeatable Guionel). Put all the returns you want, even a special Koharu×Serena×Lillie and even an M8 with all the game Champions.

Sham

The Guardian of War
  • Get rid of Chloe and Goe and add Milo and Bea as the companions.
  • I would get rid of the PWC all together. The Masters Tournament was pretty lackluster. The entire tournament is wrapped around Ash challenging Leon and rest of the Champions feel like afterthoughts.
  • Galar actually needs a Sponsorship to compete in their league so it would be interesting having Ash aim towards that.
  • Bring the traveling formula back, I’d rather take generic filler forests than the game cities, towns and areas being ignored
  • I don’t care about Ash having a starter but him having the “popular Pokémon” of the series barring the duck and Dracovish doesn’t really entertain me. I would have preferred if they sticked to Galar or brought back an older Pokémon like Charizard, Apiom or Phanpy to the cast.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Sword & Shield - The Series

In the aftermath of Ash's Alolan League win, he's approached by Leon to recruit him for the Galar League. Leon explains that it's the logical next step for him: televised Gym matches. Leon was so impressed with the Alolan League showing that he announces he has never endorsed anyone before, but wants to endorse Ash. Ash's character arc sees him fighting against becoming too overwhelmingly cocky in the face of being a celebrity. He's constantly hounded by 'fans' and people who are impressed that he's Leon's first and so far only League endorsee, so he needs to be humbled at a few points. As he takes on the Galarian League, he finds himself challenged with Pokemon that are "against his norm", really pushing himself as a trainer to deal with a variety of different Pokemon. It would have been nice to see his first League win really make a difference in his personality and have affects on his character. By the end, he faces Leon and defeats the Galarian League. He becomes listed as one of the strongest trainers in the world.

Bea is his traveling companion. She is sarcastic, confident, booksmart, puts Ash in his place, but doesn't pick fights (in direct contrast to Iris/Misty types before her). Bea was a Gym Leader but was forced to step down by her overbearing parents after suffering an injury during her own personal fitness training, so Allister has taken over the Stow-on-Side gym for her, much to her bitterness. Her rivalry with Allister is hilariously one-sided; Bea sees them as enemies and her mortal archrival while Allister is very aloof and doesn't even really register that she's angry with him. Bea sees Ash as a means to escape her parents' grasp. She lies to them, saying she won some sort of contest to accompany a champion. She initially seeks to ditch Ash afterward, but the two actually become friends and she chooses to stick by him. Bea loves to read and is intrigued by history in particular, drawing her to the ancient Galarian legends. Bea's goal is directly linked to the Master Dojo in the Isle of Armor: introduce a new type of 'side-quest'. Trainers who fight alongside their Pokemon and battle other trainers. Dojos are interspersed throughout the region, with Mustard and Honey of the Max Dojo in charge of this tourney-style match-up. Bea ends up getting Ash involved in some of these for comic relief's sake. Bea's arc sees her coming to terms with her goal, while also patching up the fractured relationship she has with her parents. By the end of the series, Bea manages to achieve her goal as a Max Dojo Master, and decides she wants to travel the world to uncover more about ancient Hisui, inspired by her capture of Ursaluna and her love for history books.

Marnie and Bede function as Ash's main rivals, while Klara is Bea's main rival, alongside some anime-only faces.

Ash's Team:
025.png
815.png
842.png
845.png
863.png
870.png
571-h.png

Ash's team is designed with a specific antithesis to the "norm" for Ash: a slow tank, Pokemon reliant on their abilities, a Team Rocket mirror with anger issues, and a Pokemon with multiple 'parts'
  • Main party:
    • Scorbunny/Raboot/Cinderace act much like Goh's in 'Journeys'; a troublemaker/outcast, gains confidence and finds a passion for battling, has Libero for ability and a varied movepool for strategic use
    • Applin is caught when Ash accidentally thinks it's food; upon evolving to Appletun, this gag continues much to Ash's misfortune
    • Cramorant is derpy and dorky, uses Gulp Missile to use Pikachu as a weapon; sometimes it accidentally scoops up Ash
    • Galarian Meowth is unpredictable and almost-feral in its battle hunger; it's caught when it teams up with Ash and Bea during a Team Rocket episode has a rivalry with TR's Meowth and eventually evolves into a more disciplined Perrserker
    • Falinks is introduced with each member of "the squad" having distinct personality traits; Ash struggles with this new type of battling style
    • Hisuian Zorua is caught when "Legends: Arceus" promotion starts to kick in; Zorua's tricky personality and reliance on Illusion as an ability are new strategies for Ash, it evolves to Hisuian Zoroark just in time for the League
  • Reserves updated during Galar League:
    008.png
    006.png
    160.png
    • Ash's Squirtle returns and evolves into Wartortle; an episode is dedicated to how it handles the Squirtle Squad
    • Ash's Charizard returns and Mega Evolves into Mega-Zard X during Leon battle
    • Ash's Totodile has evolved into Croconaw at Oak's Lab and evolves again during a League battle
    • Other reserves such as Torterra, Gliscor, Melmetal, Incineroar return for either redemption or just more battle experience
  • Befriended:
    888-c.png
    892-r.png
    • Ash takes on the Rusted Sword during the climactic final battle against Eternatus and commands Zacian in battle
    • Ash befriends Kubfu and evolves it into Rapid-Strike Urshifu once he and Bea reach the Isle of Armor; he does not keep Urshifu
Bea's Team:
237.png
853.png
865.png
812.png
874.png
901.png

• Main party:
    • Bea starts out with Tyrogue; Tyrogue faces a Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee trainer, each form tries to convince Tyrogue to become like "it" and it instead balances itself and becomes Hitmontop
    • Clobbopus is also on her team at the start of the series; evolves into Grapploct near the end of the series
    • Galarian Farfetch'd is also on her team at the start of the series; much like Ash's in 'Journeys', it is serious and evolves into Sirfetch'd by the 60th episode
    • Grookey is caught and then trained to become a tough battler; its Thwackey stage sees it become more relaxed so Bea focuses on training it and it evolves into Rillaboom
    • Stonjourner is presented as a funny Pokemon, due to its size and strange behavior, but it's extremely powerful in battle
    • Ursaluna is captured when "Legends: Arceus" promotion starts to kick in; Ursaluna is injured and Bea helps treat it and captures it, inspiring her to travel and help retrieve ancient Hisuian forms
  • Befriended:
    889-c.png
    892.png
    • Bea takes on the Rusted Shield during the climactic final battle against Eternatus and commands Zamazenta in battle
    • Bea befriends Kubfu and evolves it into Single-Strike Urshifu once she and Ash reach the Isle of Armor; she does not keep Urshifu
Team Rocket's Team
Jessie:
202.png
833.png
844.png

James:
816.png
825.png
875.png

• Chewtle would function much like it did in 'Journeys', but it would actually be captured
  • Silicobra would continue the snake tradition for Jessie and eventually evolve into Sandaconda
  • Sobble's a controversial choice, but I think it'd make for a cute dynamic with James; if it appears often enough and its evolutions get featured from other characters, I don't have issue with TR getting a starter at some point
  • Blipblug would be captured early and then eventually evolve into Dottler
  • Eiscue just seems to really fit with James IMO, and get them their first Ice-type; plus, it'd be nice to see them matched evenly with 3 Pokemon each
I always thought this was a god-tier post and I cry everytime I remember it because we got PM instead of this.

That said, I've honestly never thought of anything myself myself since I not particularly fond of Galar, to say the least but I saw this thread and it got me thinking about stuff after thinking about it for five minutes so maybe I'll try coming up with something proper. Later. Maybe.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I love the world travelling format even if it wasn't properly executed, but if we had to have a SwSh series
Have Ash, Goh and Gloria be the trio
Keep Ash and Goh's meeting the same, and they being sent to Galar to research Dynamax energy for Professor Cerise
There Goh meets scorbunny and all and decides to capture all Pokemon to work his way to Mew
Have the next episode immediately be the Leon vs Lance episode, have Ash entranced by the battle but run into Gloria, a galar resident. Have them bond over their shared desire to beat Leon as they meet when defending Wyndon from Dynamax Drednaw
Since Gloria is a rookie with potential who got a sponsorship for the gyms in galar, she decides to work her way to Leon through the gyms while Ash through PWC and mentoring Gloria in the process
Have Gloria battle Milo, Nessa, Kabu, Allister, Opal, Gordie and Melony with a team battle with Ash, Marnie and Klara (Yes ik, that's a major diversion from games, but i feel raihan needs to stay in the PWC big leagues for Ash as a rival)
Have her participate in the tournament and beat Hop, Avery, Bede and Peony, to earn the chance to battle Leon and horribly lose, but still be motivated with her success

Meanwhile have Ash battle Piers instead of Marnie, add a battle with Mustard, keep Bea and Raihan and feature multi characters from other regions similar to PWC

Have Goh continue his catching mons but with an emphasis on his relationship with Sonia and research, and start trial missions for PM early

Have some region hopping still with the occasional sakuragi missions, but only for a few arcs with most of the episodes being set in Galar

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Gloria would’ve challenged the Gyms alongside Ash, a friendly rivalry between the two could’ve been a cool fresh dynamic on the cast.
And this, my friends, is how to make my shipper heart to wild. I don't care how minority my opinion is, this dynamic is a requirement for an Ash ship to be truly good.

Anyway, more on topic, besides Gloria being the main female lead, Marnie, Team Yell, and Spikemuth would have a large subplot (the obligatory "evil team" plot of the series if you will) that revolved around the restoration (particularly economically) of Spikemuth. Marnie is in pursuit of the Champion title in part as a means of bringing life back to her hometown. Team Yell, of course, is Team Yell, and Ash at first thinks they're evil. But once he comes to realize what their true intentions are, Ash helps looks for ways (besides of course, purposely forfeiting the Champion title to Marnie), to help Marnie and TY advance their goals.

SatoSereFan224888

I would have liked to have Ash mentor Victor and Gloria. Those two would battle the gyms while Ash cheers them on. Also Ash would wear the same outfit he wore in The Power of Us. Plus he would be at least 20 years old.

TurboAceK

I like the sword and shield spin on the gym challenge with it being a more publicize sport like event so I would have hoped they would have used that as a basis and not the old gym formula

To make it a bit different I would have had him carry on him being a strong trainer, Ash could be a bit more respected early on being a veteran trainer and has a “resume” and he’s the “challenger” to beat amongst the gym challengers

Meanwhile Hop has his similar game story of being good but has his troubles and doubts through the series and the female lead probably Gloria would also be a gym challenger and learns the ropes and look up to Ash kinda like a Sawyer

Then by the half way point maybe the Bea gym battle Ash loses and gets treated more equally and as a rival by everyone as they all (Marnie Bede Gloria and Hop) “surpass” him so he’s the “underdog” again

Then by the end Ash wins the tournament gets to battle Leon maybe wins etc
Stuff like the darkest day stays the same as the game being spread out through encounters and talks with Sonia and etc
Similar stories with Bede and Marnie

Since more characters are “important” I think the “filler” would be more appreciated as they would use this to explore Marnie, Bede, Sonia etc

And if Hop and Gloria aren’t companions then Ash could have maybe an Alister and girl lead to do a made up performance/contest like goal with him to keep the traditional structure in that arwa

With hindsight Isle of Armor after Bea lost to “retrain”

Crown Tundra gap between final tournament and eight gym

Otherwise it’s hard to tell what they would do as Dlc came out a year later and who knows if they could have formed something in that time table let alone the crown tundra which came out even later
As it could be an excuse to delay stuff but also be a hindrance as they would need to include it when they already had a plan

I don’t know what to do team wise, a full Gen 8 team makes sense but I think this is still a decent time in the Pokémon anime to not restrict Ash to just that Gen as other characters like Hop also fill that Gen 8 Pokémon need
But Pikachu, starter, early series catch, late Kubfu and two others is a decent basis

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I prefer the pokemon anime with any artstyle previous to Sun and Moon. The traveling formula was fine with me, as long as they added more details and lore to the places they visit, it makes for a better story. Now that they have added many more details to in-game cities, seeing them in the anime is much more interesting. I wouldn’t want team rocket to return for every episode. Seeing them sporadically is fine. As for the companions, I would give them different goals because what they currently have isn’t interesting at all. Those are some of the things at the top of my head, but there could be a lot more to change/add of course.

PCN24454

I like the sword and shield spin on the gym challenge with it being a more publicize sport like event so I would have hoped they would have used that as a basis and not the old gym formula

To make it a bit different I would have had him carry on him being a strong trainer, Ash could be a bit more respected early on being a veteran trainer and has a “resume” and he’s the “challenger” to beat amongst the gym challengers

Meanwhile Hop has his similar game story of being good but has his troubles and doubts through the series and the female lead probably Gloria would also be a gym challenger and learns the ropes and look up to Ash kinda like a Sawyer

Then by the half way point maybe the Bea gym battle Ash loses and gets treated more equally and as a rival by everyone as they all (Marnie Bede Gloria and Hop) “surpass” him so he’s the “underdog” again

Then by the end Ash wins the tournament gets to battle Leon maybe wins etc
Stuff like the darkest day stays the same as the game being spread out through encounters and talks with Sonia and etc
Similar stories with Bede and Marnie

Since more characters are “important” I think the “filler” would be more appreciated as they would use this to explore Marnie, Bede, Sonia etc

And if Hop and Gloria aren’t companions then Ash could have maybe an Alister and girl lead to do a made up performance/contest like goal with him to keep the traditional structure in that arwa

With hindsight Isle of Armor after Bea lost to “retrain”

Crown Tundra gap between final tournament and eight gym

Otherwise it’s hard to tell what they would do as Dlc came out a year later and who knows if they could have formed something in that time table let alone the crown tundra which came out even later
As it could be an excuse to delay stuff but also be a hindrance as they would need to include it when they already had a plan

I don’t know what to do team wise, a full Gen 8 team makes sense but I think this is still a decent time in the Pokémon anime to not restrict Ash to just that Gen as other characters like Hop also fill that Gen 8 Pokémon need
But Pikachu, starter, early series catch, late Kubfu and two others is a decent basis
I really hope it’s not portrayed as a Sports event because that’s the thing thst I dislike most about the anime. It makes the challenge feel trivial.

TurboAceK

I really hope it’s not portrayed as a Sports event because that’s the thing thst I dislike most about the anime. It makes the challenge feel trivial.
I don't know, I think it'll be like the Tucker battle/episode but for each gym. And people mostly loved how that was handled

How does it feel trivial?

PCN24454

I don't know, I think it'll be like the Tucker battle/episode but for each gym. And people mostly loved how that was handled

How does it feel trivial?
The battle was great; the crowd was superfluous.

At best they were there to showcase Tucker’s flamboyant personality.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Oh Boy

Ash has Hop and Gloria as his Companions

I would've still kept the World Tour aspect but the majority of episodes take place in Galar instead of Kanto. The Lab is definitely being set in Galar

All 3 of them want to defeat Leon so they all take the Galar League challenge.

Ash gets Rillaboom (as well as Pikachu, Dracovish, Sirfetch'd, Dragapult, and Corviknight)

Hop gets Cinderace (as well as Wooloo Cramorant, Greedent, and Arctozolt)

Gloria gets Inteleon (as well as Eevee, Toxicity, Centiskorch, Alcremie, and Eiscue)

The Galar League is done as a Tournament style with Trainers from all around the World coming to Galar to visit so Ash, Hop and Gloria are in a Race to see who can get to the Top to Beat Leon first

The Hyper Class Opponents are all Galar Gym Leaders

Hop doesn't make it pass Bea

Gloria doesn't make it pass Raihan

Ash gets to the Masters 8 which plays out kinda similar to what we have now but instead I would've had Ash call in Reserves and defeat Alain then go beat Cynthia and Leon

Masters 8 Tournament goes like this:

Round 1

Ash vs Alain
Iris vs Lance
Cynthia vs Diantha
Leon vs Steven

Round 2
Ash vs Cynthia
Iris vs Leon

Round 3
Ash vs Leon

Gloria and Hop and the rest of Ash's Companions cheer him on in the end

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention that Ash doesn't have a Main Rival in this series but Hop has Bede and Gloria gets Marnie as their Rivals. Both Hop and Gloria defeat them before they get to Hyper Class

Last edited: