• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you have written Iris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Twilight-Kun said:
Good, that needed a lot more elaboration, and then when BW2 came out, she could've added making movies to her list of things to do instead of watching Iris fail at being a pokemon trainer

I'm not really understanding how Iris could be seen as a failure of a Pokemon trainer. Even if not everyone liked her personality, I think she was arguably one of the stronger female traveling companions given that she had the best win ratio out of all the female cast members when accounting for her off-screen win streak. She was pretty decent on-screen as well considering her wins during the Don Battle and PWT Junior Cup tournaments. Her biggest issue as a trainer was her complacency and the fact that many of her Pokemon had obedience issues, although those were resolved eventually because her character progressed as BW went on.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I wouldn't change anything about Iris.

Her character was fine and she was pretty active as a cast member when it came to battling (which is a problem girls after her have had in recent years). The issue was Ash was written poorly. Fix that and a lot of the "problems" Iris had goes away.
Or just replaced these writers with a new ones fix these issues?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Musicals would have probably have had the same issues as diet contests Showcases. I'd rather have Iris and her Dragon type trainer goal tbh.
Besides even if Hilda was used instead of Iris she would still probably be calling Ash a kid since he was pretty much brain dead in BW.
Hilda would be more popular than Iris though, if their appearences matter.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Iris never got any real character development and she was virtually the same during her entire run. The only thing that sort of changed was her aversion to Ice types which was weird that she was afraid of them just because Dragon types were weak against them. I can understand Axew being terrified at seeing a Cubchoo but Iris has no excuse. With the other girls who had fears, at least they were explained and even improved. Misty at first was terrified of all Bug types except for Butterfree but over time she was accepting towards Venonat, Heracross, Pineco, And Scyther. Her fear of Gyrados is understandable due to their reputation of being out of control and her almost being killed by one. Dawn’s fear of Plusle and Minun was from a bad experience from when she was in preschool and she got over that fear. And both Dawn and Misty were fully developed into three dimensional characters by the time they overcame their fears but not Iris.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
No.

Wanting writers replaced because a cartoon didn't go the way you wanted is silly and nobody should ever be that entitled
i didn't think that i would but just let you know there are lot of people do wanna to see that

Iris doesn't fit as a companion imo.
She would be a grown mature figure, who is gonna challenge Alder and win.
While hilda will travel with an Ash Ketchum who didn't lose his brain cells.
I never thought Iris like that i thought she a annoy in game

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
i didn't think that i would but just let you know there are lot of people do wanna to see that

I never thought Iris like that i thought she a annoy in game
I just think she would fit better as a mentor figure and the first time Ash actually sees someone become champion right before his eyes live.
If you ask me, that's the way I would have written her.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
There’s no way you made an accurate count on who receives the most fan art and even so that’s completely subjective to judge a character’s appearance and likeability (not to mention weird) by who’s drawn the most. What about the people who don’t create art and watch the show?
She would still be appealing than a wild girl for sure. Don't underestimate what a lot of people cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.