• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you improve the Battle Palace?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
In the Pokemon Adventures manga, the competitive protagonist of the story, Emerald comes to a screeching halt to the last of the facilities, the Battle Palace. This is because Spencer explains it's a facility that tests the trainer's trust into their Pokemon, not the trainer's own commands. The manga interpretation sounds pretty accurate to the Battle Palace right... lol? If only it was that simple...

300px-Battle_Palace_E.png
200px-Spenser_Adventures.png

The Battle Palace is arguably the black sheep of the Battle Frontier because the Pokemon's AI are based on an RNG system that is also based on the Pokemon's nature, so you can imagine the AI can be dumb. This system also throws out a lot of competitive strategies out the window. However, what if that wasn't the case? Many fans have demanded the Battle Frontier to be remade in ORAS and that would undoubtedly include the infamous Battle Palace. Would they just leave it the way it is or would they revamp it? Who knows but if you could improve the Battle Palace? How would you do it?

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I disliked that facility the most out of all the Battle Frontier arenas, but I can't think of any way of improving it other than perhaps giving players control of which moves their Pokemon use while there, which would ruin the facility's gimmick.

Saberu

I haven't played since being a competitive noob (because EV training in gen 3 sucks so, so much) but it used to be my favorite! I just gave Pokémon four offensive moves and let them do their thing. I thought the gimmick was neat, too. I have some great memories of the place!

I just... I don't know why they stopped making the battle frontier right as they made EV training possible. I can't even share your complaints because the difficulty of EV training made the battle frontier impossible.

I suppose they could improve the AI. What I'd really like is a list of what each nature does, right in game. That would be swell.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Saberu said:
What I'd really like is a list of what each nature does, right in game. That would be swell.

I agree with this. I didn't even know about the correlation between Natures and the kinds of moves that Pokemon would use based on that when I first played Emerald version. I had to buy the guidebook several months after the game's release just to find that out, so I definitely think that a proper list should've been available in the game itself.

MockingJ

Banned
The gimmick that was used at the Battle Palace was the worst one out of all the 7 facilities because it made things really difficult for me. I wish that the Battle Palace had just involved 1 on 1 battles like the Battle Hall eventually did in Gen 4.

The one thing I'd change would be the fact the your Pokémon always used a move instead of "missing" a turn just because your Pokémon didn't fancy making an attack that turn.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
The gimmick that was used at the Battle Palace was the worst one out of all the 7 facilities because it made things really difficult for me. I wish that the Battle Palace had just involved 1 on 1 battles like the Battle Hall eventually did in Gen 4.

That would've been a lot better than what we ended up getting at the Battle Palace from my perspective, although then again I'm probably biased in favor of the Battle Hall's battle structure since I considered that to be the easiest Battle Frontier facility in Gen IV.

MikelyMaikup

I disliked that facility the most out of all the Battle Frontier arenas, but I can't think of any way of improving it other than perhaps giving players control of which moves their Pokemon use while there, which would ruin the facility's gimmick.