• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you like the writers to handle...

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
The extra/new features in D/P.

What about the new features? Such as the day/night thing and the fact that you can bring back old pokes. Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn pokemon are also not that rare there like in Hoenn where it was all almost Hoenn pokemon with kanto and johto being very rare. They already started showing that by having an ariados, rattata, dunsparce etc. during the first episode.

How would you want them to handle supercontests? Contests were much different than their game counterpart. Super contests are pretty different from regular contests in the game. Also there is a park area where only cute pokemon and there coordinator can travel in.

How about the plot? As of now we dont know all the details but we do know a few things. Such as the other two rivals in D/P. The fact that the trio is at each lake and when stolen the lakes get dried up. They have a god like status. The three lake trio also are used to open the portal to diaruga/parukia. There seems to be a 3rd dragon involved who comes from an alternate dimension. From what we know there are a few different admins of Team Galaxy that hold an important role and they are named after the planets. So far we only know of saturn, jupiter and mars. None of them being leader.

We do know that one of the legendaries revealed themselves to hikari in the first episode. Also Shinji has the same name as the first lake.

The many different evolutions? I dont see the anime getting to indepth about the different locations or whatever. I can see them only get into that attack specific evolution with Aipom but not bother with the others. I could also see them doing a little feature about it with Minomuchi and his type change ability. Hopefully a main cast member gets one.

The underground? This place is mainly used for minigames and co-op stuff. There is also seem to be fossils of pokemon for all of the extinct pokemon. I could see them at least doing a filler on the crew falling threw and seeing a bunch of extinct pokemon since the anime has stated that they arent extinct just incredibly rare.

Guest appearances? In shinou they had a few returning characters from older games. Such as Jasmine giving you waterfall. Or the red gyarados report. Oak also had a 2nd house in Shinou wonder if it will be there?

The legendaries? right now its a little hard to tell whats what yet. However we know of the Hiidoran, Kureseria, Regigas(leader of the Regis), Aruseus(the most powerful pokemon and being called a god), Sheimi, Dakurai, and Fione. The legendary trio and dia/par/gir are likely to be part of the main anime plot.

Safari zone/pal park? Yeah it was dissapointing when AG skipped over that safari zone. I also wonder what and if they would bother trying to take an anime equivalent to a pal park.

Extra things? There are a lot of extra things to do after E4. The BF, the mountian where the fire/steel legend is located, there is also about 20 or so pokemon missing from the pokedex after you defeat the E4 which have to be found and located in this other area. Prof. Oak also appears frequently to help with pokedex things.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The extra/new features in D/P.

What about the new features? Such as the day/night thing and the fact that you can bring back old pokes. Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn pokemon are also not that rare there like in Hoenn where it was all almost Hoenn pokemon with kanto and johto being very rare. They already started showing that by having an ariados, rattata, dunsparce etc. during the first episode.

Well, Hoenn always had a ton of wild Kanto/Johto Pokemon randomly showing up for no real reason. It's no different than the way the show has always been.

How would you want them to handle supercontests? Contests were much different than their game counterpart. Super contests are pretty different from regular contests in the game. Also there is a park area where only cute pokemon and there coordinator can travel in.

They use the same judges apparently. I hope it'll have dancing, but I'm not sure. I don't even think the Pokemon will dress up. Either way, I hope they're differentiated enough from May's Contests. I don't want to see the same thing again with a new character.

How about the plot? As of now we dont know all the details but we do know a few things. Such as the other two rivals in D/P.

I doubt they'll show up. The writers created Shinji and brought back Gary for a reason, they like using their own rivals. It's the same reason why Wally or Brendan were never introduced in AG.

The fact that the trio is at each lake and when stolen the lakes get dried up. They have a god like status. The three lake trio also are used to open the portal to diaruga/parukia. There seems to be a 3rd dragon involved who comes from an alternate dimension. From what we know there are a few different admins of Team Galaxy that hold an important role and they are named after the planets. So far we only know of saturn, jupiter and mars. None of them being leader.

I don't think Team Galaxy will be given that much more focus than the previous villains on the show. They'll appear as often as they did in the games, nothing special.

The many different evolutions? I dont see the anime getting to indepth about the different locations or whatever. I can see them only get into that attack specific evolution with Aipom but not bother with the others. I could also see them doing a little feature about it with Minomuchi and his type change ability. Hopefully a main cast member gets one.

Eh, some will get explained, some won't. A lot of previous evo's were never explained, (such as Nincada to Ninjask or Shedinja) so it's no different here.

The underground? This place is mainly used for minigames and co-op stuff. There is also seem to be fossils of pokemon for all of the extinct pokemon. I could see them at least doing a filler on the crew falling threw and seeing a bunch of extinct pokemon since the anime has stated that they arent extinct just incredibly rare.

One or two fillers, tops.

Guest appearances? In shinou they had a few returning characters from older games. Such as Jasmine giving you waterfall. Or the red gyarados report. Oak also had a 2nd house in Shinou wonder if it will be there?

Oak will definitely show up, (he's already a popular recurring character in the show), and I suspect we may see Lance and his Red Gyarados again. I don't think we'll see any other older characters.

The legendaries? right now its a little hard to tell whats what yet. However we know of the Hiidoran, Kureseria, Regigas(leader of the Regis), Aruseus(the most powerful pokemon and being called a god), Sheimi, Dakurai, and Fione. The legendary trio and dia/par/gir are likely to be part of the main anime plot.

We'll see. Maybe they won't all be saved for movies.

Safari zone/pal park? Yeah it was dissapointing when AG skipped over that safari zone. I also wonder what and if they would bother trying to take an anime equivalent to a pal park.

They may skip it again, the writers like keeping the main characters teams small.

Extra things? There are a lot of extra things to do after E4. The BF, the mountian where the fire/steel legend is located, there is also about 20 or so pokemon missing from the pokedex after you defeat the E4 which have to be found and located in this other area. Prof. Oak also appears frequently to help with pokedex things.

Ignored I suppose. Sevii Islands and the Sky Pillar in Hoenn were never featured.

rob1610

The Leviathan
Here's one for the many different evolutions.

Eevee evolves into Leafeon and Glaceon (Serebii's names with the "eon", you know it's going to be a grass and ice based word with "eon" at the end of it, either way, definately "eon" on the end) near certain rocks. I predict May will return and have her Eevee evolve at one of the stones.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
I predict there will be specials with May in them and her Evee evolves there. Ask for plots, don't know. I think Hikari will get a girl rival becuase I really don't see a guy dressing up and such for super contests unless he was some one like Harley but than Harley fans would be angry if that happend. It would be cool if Team Galxy had a big part but might not, they'll most likely get three part episode and some what episodes after that. Unless Team Galxy does turn out to be the Gym Leaders which I'm hoping is the case ^_^

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I wouldn't mind Hikari getting an Eevee so hers can evolve into the Grass type while May's Eevee evolves into the Ice type.

Would be pretty cool.

S_P

Soul Trainer
You didn't mention backstory. :(

I heard something like Hikari's rival was a childhood friend (the yellow haired guy I suppose).

Of course, the writers will only put like 1 or 2 things on backstory and probably fail to have continuity on it anyways.

Lol Jasmine giving you waterfall. Mikan? Seriously?

Anyhow it has the potential to implement interesting things, but probably not all of the systems will be covered.

I mean quite frankly if you're talking about the underground system or the base, well there were already secret bases in previous names, none bothered to be implemented.

However, D/P probably will have *something* ancient related.

At the moment I don't care. Right now more important is how the implementation of the group is correlated, and then how contest systems will work.

The plot will come after that. Due to the appearance of Emuritto, the chances of seeing the other two probably are likely to occur at a later time. Of course, it had nothing to do with Satoshi so ... that further confuses me.

They have to format Hikari in a set pattern before implementing the other features! The D/P storyline had a lot to do with the main character for the most part so it's more important to stick with the featured character currently. A lot of things aren't followed exactly from the game. It was already strange as it is for AG to not have Wally who was actually had a lot to do with the main plot.

Just no excessive showcasing, and avoid big imbalances. Most other things are slightly more tolerable.

You can probably do a random guess like Takeshi' Usohachi evolving due to learning Mimic. >_> Omg, you can do that with Kojiro's Manene too (though it already mimics by nature literally so I don't know ...)!

I'll probably laugh if there was some episode that had Monjara/Inomuu/Yanyanma and then there's an evolution due to having Ancientpower.

I just want the writers to remain applying incorporation. More Hikari too to the point that actions she does have more explanation instead of a "just do it" function. Most of her characteristics are preset. Things like coordinating were decided before the character even journeys. Sure there are derivations, but it seems like less discovery.

Anyhow it could go well, it could go poorly. We don't know.

MayisCool

Cascade Trainer
I wouldn't mind Hikari getting an Eevee so hers can evolve into the Grass type while May's Eevee evolves into the Ice type.

Would be pretty cool.

I think May whould be better off getting a Jolteon, or a Pikachu her self..There is no reason now for her not to get an electric type pokemon.

Vent's Theme

Pretty Dolls
Eh, some will get explained, some won't. A lot of previous evo's were never explained, (such as Nincada to Ninjask or Shedinja) so it's no different here.

Please don't interpret this as me contradicting you just for the sake of it, because, I'm not, but, I'm fairly sure the Ninjask/Shedinja evolution was given a cameo appearance in some aspect of the anime [I have the feeling that it may have been the Lucairo movie;] where a Ninjask shaped cocoon was seen to assume the form of Shedinja through the struggling of the evolved Nincada to slither free. [I'm not expecting anyone to know this, as plenty of people don't get to see the movies, I just felt that it was worth adding.]

Using that as a basis, we could hazard a guess that if any of the special evolutions don't get episodes devoted to showcasing them, they may get a brief scene in one of the movies. [Presumably in the opening sequence, which frequently features the camera moving through various Pokemon habitats.]

Last edited:

pokeboy sarab

...mmm...hot!
well maybe hikari can get an eevee and in a special may meets ash for a co-ordinators function and they go to moss rock and may's eevee evolves to leafiaafter defeating yteam rocket and then some powerfull pshycic transports them to snow rock and hikari's eevee evolves to glacia after battling a wild pokemon....................could happen..........

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
I predict there will be specials with May in them and her Evee evolves there. Ask for plots, don't know. I think Hikari will get a girl rival becuase I really don't see a guy dressing up and such for super contests unless he was some one like Harley but than Harley fans would be angry if that happend.

There's no law saying Hikari could have a male rival? Harley just dressed up because he was crazy for Cacturne, and that part where he dressed up like May was because he wanted to shame May. :)

Wait a sec...Dusclops has an evolution...and there was a coordinator with one...could this herald the return of Timmy Grimm, aka The Phantom, with his Dusclops now as a Yoowaruu? The possibilities! :D

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
There's no law saying Hikari could have a male rival? Harley just dressed up because he was crazy for Cacturne, and that part where he dressed up like May was because he wanted to shame May. :)

I didn't say there couldn't be a boy rival for Hikari I'm just saying it would be better if there was a girl rival for Hikari, than every thing wouldn't become a clone for Hikari. And Cyb wouldn't complain more about it if that happend, Contestshippers already saying they'd be ticked off it Hikari had a boy rival becuase than it would be the same thing pretty much. So where all hoping for a girl rival to add different things ^_^

Kasumi-san

is a Pokemon geek :B
They don't need to handle day/night's comeback because the anime already had them since the beginning. As for the underground, I suppose we are going to see one episode about it and that's all.

I think May whould be better off getting a Jolteon, or a Pikachu her self..There is no reason now for her not to get an electric type pokemon.

So you want May to become more of an Ash clone than she already is?

Oh wait, that wont happen because May is gone.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So you want May to become more of an Ash clone than she already is?

Oh wait, that wont happen because May is gone.

To think May with a Jolteon somehow makes her into Ash clone is pretty stupid. :p

To think May was an Ash clone to begin with, (despite her personality being vastly different) is also stupid.

And to think we'll never see May again even though she's not traveling with Ash anymore is very, very stupid. Don't take this too seriously. ;)

I want May with that Ice evo so she can own Drew in Johto. She needs to put his Roserade on ice!

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Yeah dont see them doing too much just featuring more special abilities but probally not change much since the anime already included these factors. However they better feature alot of snow in the area where it should be snowing. I could see them though wasting a filler on wobbufet falling in love with a female version of Wobbufet. That sprite gamefreak made is too good to pass up for the writers not to use.
The writers should differentiate greatly from the contests. By doing things such as audience voting, audition to enter contests, round similar to the final round in contests or super contests(game wise), maybe to make it more interesting make a battle round similar to the Battle arena, make sure to include the dress up and dance thing, include different ranking contests such as hyper rank, super rank etc., or require coordinators to earn a ribbon in a cute, beauty, tough, cool and smart contest. I can see them spending one episode with Hikari travelling in the park and her catching one poke.
How about the plot? As of now we dont know all the details but we do know a few things. Such as the other two rivals in D/P. The fact that the trio is at each lake and when stolen the lakes get dried up. They have a god like status. The three lake trio also are used to open the portal to diaruga/parukia. There seems to be a 3rd dragon involved who comes from an alternate dimension. From what we know there are a few different admins of Team Galaxy that hold an important role and they are named after the planets. So far we only know of saturn, jupiter and mars. None of them being leader.
Hopefully they spend much more time on these things. Please dont end in a 2 part thing and make sure Ash and Hikari have longer leagues. I'd rather them pace themselves and have new pokemon debuts in league battles and plot important episode. Also they should make it a little more exciting by not concentrate on showcasing the pokemon and just have a minisaga after they are done in Shinou to feature the rest of the pokemon and count the specials that contain new pokemon as the pokemon debut.

Dont see them doing it too much and just feature it with one or two pokes and then forget. They'll probally also introduce the 3 new stones and use it but later on also dismiss it. As I said I hope Minomucchi is caught by Brock.

Would be nice if they spent 5 or 6 episode on it while trying to reach a different city or something.

Oak will probally appear more often or something. They'll likely just throw Lance in the Team Galaxy plot and have him use Red Gyarados.

The trios should be featured in the anime. Probally also Fione will be in the anime similar to how the baby lugia was. The Regigas and Regis should have a movie after how bad the Regi's were treated in the 8th movie. As for the others I see them being put in a movie, one (hopefully Kureseria) will get put into the minisaga similar to the whirl island minisaga, I can see them not doing a movie or an episode debut for Aruseus. They should treat it like ho-oh. Maybe it will be a god pokemon that only Hikari and co. see.
Hopefully they'll do the safari zone. The pal park they may use a filler on the pokemon center transfer system not working likely due to TR and all these pokemon break loose and run away into the wild and Ash and co. find and try to recapture them and give them back to original trainers.
They will likely have the minisaga here after the leagues and hopefully May will return here along with Hikari and they have a 4 person group for that saga that or they finally do the sevii islands. Ash could do a BF challenge again if done in those islands in in D/P.

Last edited:

Akari K

did it for the lulz.
A story with substance is definitely what the show needs more of. The D/P story seems interesting enough from what I've heard, so I hope they go to town with that. :p

Rouenne

Looking for Someone
About the plot the only thing I hope is soemthing a little deeper than just Ash goes to random city and beats random gym. Hikari goes to randomness city and wins the randomess contest. Insert 20 fillers, etc, etc,etc,etc...

Some deeper relationships as well (Not romantic, even tought I like them I know that they just won't happen)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
^ I hoped for that with AG but they still stuck to the same structure the show always had aside from adding Contests.

People expecting D/P to be radically different from AG are probably setting themselves up for disappointment. The first six titles are basically the same show we've always watched, just with different elements.

They're still going to alternate between Gyms and Contests, fillers, and the like. The Pokemon writers haven't broken away from the same formula for years, I can't see them doing it now.

JazzJazz

About the plot the only thing I hope is soemthing a little deeper than just Ash goes to random city and beats random gym. Hikari goes to randomness city and wins the randomess contest. Insert 20 fillers, etc, etc,etc,etc...

The plots focusing on gyms/contests is quite set in stone, but I guess we can hope for good fillers and character development...