• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you rank Ashs Pokémon using the tier system?

RafaSceptile

Pokémon in bold are those that imo can be stronger but barely had battles. JN Pokémon will be higher or lower at the end of the series

Z Tier: Pikachu

S Tier: Greninja, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Incineroar, Krookodile

A Tier: Snorlax, Bulbasaur, Corphish, Swellow, Quilava, Lycanroc

B Tier: Talonflame, Hawlucha, Rowlet, Squirtle, Pignite, Aipom

C Tier: Staraptor, Buizel, Snivy, Bayleef, Totodile, Oshawott

D Tier: Torkoal, Torterra, Scraggy, Donphan, Gliscor, Kingler

E Tier: Heracross, Leavanny, Noctowl, Glalie, Palpitoad, Unfezant,

F Tier: Melmetal, Noivern, Riolu, Tauros, Pidgeot, Boldore

G Tier: Goodra, Gible, Butterfree, Farfetch'd (Galar), Gengar, Primeape

H Tier: Naganadel, Dragonite, Mr. Mime, Muk, Lapras,

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Pokémon in bold are those that imo can be stronger but barely had battles. JN Pokémon will be higher or lower at the end of the series

Z Tier: Pikachu

S Tier: Greninja, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Incineroar, Krookodile

A Tier: Snorlax, Bulbasaur, Corphish, Swellow, Quilava, Lycanroc

B Tier: Talonflame, Hawlucha, Rowlet, Squirtle, Pignite, Aipom

C Tier: Staraptor, Buizel, Snivy, Bayleef, Totodile, Oshawott

D Tier: Torkoal, Torterra, Scraggy, Donphan, Gliscor, Kingler

E Tier: Heracross, Leavanny, Noctowl, Glalie, Palpitoad, Unfezant,

F Tier: Melmetal, Noivern, Riolu, Tauros, Pidgeot, Boldore

G Tier: Goodra, Gible, Butterfree, Farfetch'd (Galar), Gengar, Primeape

H Tier: Naganadel, Dragonite, Mr. Mime, Muk, Lapras,
Is this by power or by just battles? If it is by power ;some of it is just plain wrong.DL and Quilava,Gliscor Melmetal.etc
Lmao at Scraggy being stronger than Melmetal.I knew you were bad at this,but I didnt know you were this bad tbh.

RafaSceptile

Is this by power or by just battles? If it is by power ;some of it is just plain wrong.DL and Quilava,Gliscor Melmetal.etc
Lmao at Scraggy being stronger than Melmetal.I knew you were bad at this,but I didnt know you were this bad tbh.

Problem with Melmetal is that he has very few battles, he was showed to be strong but no so consistently, unlike Scraggy. This is a problem with most of the other Pokémon in bold like Goodra or Noivern

CMButch

Problem with Melmetal is that he has very few battles, he was showed to be strong but no so consistently, unlike Scraggy. This is a problem with most of the other Pokémon in bold like Goodra or Noivern
Dude, Melmetal has been shown to destroy Scraggy thanks to Silvally battle.If you said Scraggy > Meltan I would say Ok but Melmetal? Come on.

Good to know that Aipom and Oshawott destroy Naganadel lol.This must be a joke?

RafaSceptile

Dude, Melmetal has been shown to destroy Scraggy thanks to Silvally battle.If you said Scraggy > Meltan I would say Ok but Melmetal? Come on.

Good to know that Aipom and Oshawott destroy Naganadel lol.This must be a joke?

The key word is consistency. Problem with Melmetal is that its only feat was a W against Kukui's Empoleon (pretty good) and a L against Gladion's Silvally (not bad) and because those battles were literally in 2 days in the anime it could be a luck factor. At least Scraggy was decently strong during the BW series.
I'm a fan of the SM series but I still say that we need more Naganadel/Melmetal battles before to say that they are really strong, is a similar problem with other Pokémon like Gliscor who only had 1 moment to shine in a good way.

And about the Battle Record...they are not so different: Melmetal 3-2-0 (60%) and Scraggy 4-3-2 (54%)

CMButch

r
The key word is consistency. Problem with Melmetal is that its only feat was a W against Kukui's Empoleon (pretty good) and a L against Gladion's Silvally (not bad) and because those battles were literally in 2 days in the anime it could be a luck factor. At least Scraggy was decently strong during the BW series.
I'm a fan of the SM series but I still say that we need more Naganadel/Melmetal battles before to say that they are really strong, is a similar problem with other Pokémon like Gliscor who only had 1 moment to shine in a good way.

And about the Battle Record...they are not so different: Melmetal 3-2-0 (60%) and Scraggy 4-3-2 (54%)
Even if I like BW more than SM Melmetal and Naganadel being weaker than Oshawott and Aipom is painfully funny.

Scraggy's best feat was beating one of weaker Brycen's Pokemon.I agree that he would beat Rowlet but no way he is beating Naganadel.Winrate doesn't matter. Melmetal is stronger than Scraggy even if Melmetal per say loses to Ash's Charizard but puts up good fight, he would destroy Scraggy.

RafaSceptile

r

Even if I like BW more than SM Melmetal and Naganadel being weaker than Oshawott and Aipom is painfully funny.

Scraggy's best feat wqs beating one of weaker Brycen's Pokemon.I agree that he would beat Rowlet but no way he is beating Naganadel.Winrate doesn't matter. Melmetal is stronger than Scraggy even if Melmetal per say loses to Ash's Charizard but puts up good fight he would destroy Scraggy.

Aipom had a surprisingly good Battle Record of 9-3-0, which is 75%. That's why I'm mad about Ash choosing to tarde Aipom by Buizel

CMButch

Aipom had a surprisingly good Battle Record of 9-3-0, which is 75%. That's why I'm mad about Ash choosing to tarde Aipom by Buizel
Well, Ambipom could be worse than Buizel. But again winrate doesn't determine strength. If you have one Pokenon that beat E4 and lose to other making it 50%. And one Pokemon who beat 20 weak Magikarp making it 100%.Of course Pokemon with 50 is stronger than 100.

RafaSceptile

Well, Ambipom could be worse than Buizel. But again winrate doesn't determine strength. If you have one Pokenon that beat E4 and lose to other making it 50%. And one Pokemon who beat 20 weak Magikarp making it 100%.Of course Pokemon with 50 is stronger than 100.

Considering that Buizel had a worse battle record than the average Ash's Pokemon, I doubt Ambipom could ve worse

CMButch

Z+ tier:
Gigachu, 10MV Peakachu and A-G
Z tier:
Peakachu(Base)
S+ tier:
Charizard, Sceptile and Blazeape
S tier:
Incineroar and Snorlax and Gible's Draco Meteor
A+ tier:
Bulbasaur, Gliscor, Corphish
A tier:
Tauros,Squirtle,Donphan and Heracross
B+ tier:
Torkoal,Swellow, Melmetal
B tier:
Kingler, Torterra, Lycanroc,Talonflame,Krookodile
C+ tier:
Bayleef, Glalie, Noctowl, Naganadel,Quilava,Hawlucha
C tier:
Dragonite(so far), Pignite,Gible(no DM)
B+ tier:
Rowlet, Riolu( so far),Goodra,Boldore,Leavanny,Palpitoad,Scraggy
B tier:
remaining Pokemon( too lazy to look after all of them)

BTW Pokemon that are on same tier like B+(the most of them) don't mean all are same strength.
Riolu > Goodra > Rowlet > his 4 Unova mons per say

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
A+: Ash-Greninja

A: Pikachu (w/Z-move), Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape

A-: Snorlax, Krookodile, Incineroar, Dragonite

B+: Bulbasaur, Heracross, Swellow, Glalie, Gliscor, Talonflame, Goodra, Lycanroc, Melmetal, Naganadel

B: Squirtle, Torkoal, Torterra, Gible, Pignite, Hawlucha, Rowlet, Riolu

B-: Kingler, Donphan, Corphish, Staraptor, Buizel, Noivern, Gengar

C+ and below: everyone else

Looking at my ranking, Johto and Unova were really done dirty.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
A+: Ash-Greninja

A: Pikachu (w/Z-move), Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape

A-: Snorlax, Krookodile, Incineroar, Dragonite

B+: Bulbasaur, Heracross, Swellow, Glalie, Gliscor, Talonflame, Goodra, Lycanroc, Melmetal, Naganadel

B: Squirtle, Torkoal, Torterra, Gible, Pignite, Hawlucha, Rowlet, Riolu

B-: Kingler, Donphan, Corphish, Staraptor, Buizel, Noivern, Gengar

C+ and below: everyone else

Looking at my ranking, Johto and Unova were really done dirty.

Krookodile and Heracross were his only “good” Pokémon from Unova and Johto

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Krookodile and Heracross were his only “good” Pokémon from Unova and Johto

Lol I'm sorry what? Heracross lost half of his battles both in Johto and outside of Johto. Or are some people taking the fact that he hit Darkrai as proof that he's some kind of powerhouse even though his attack was useless anyways since Darkrai healed himself right afterward?

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Lol I'm sorry what? Heracross lost half of his battles both in Johto and outside of Johto. Or are some people taking the fact that he hit Darkrai as proof that he's some kind of powerhouse even though his attack was useless anyways since Darkrai healed himself right afterward?
Heracross defeated Magmar and did decent damage to Darkrai

Krookodile took out Sawk and Dragonite

Applecorp

Heracross barely fought in Johto right? I remember when he lost to Donphan then he beat Scizor and that was his last fight until the Johto league where he beat Magmar but then lost to some other Pokemon of Gary's that I can't remember. That was his whole Johto region battle record.

How does that make him Ash's best Pokemon in Johto when he only had 4 battles there?

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Heracross barely fought in Johto right? I remember when he lost to Donphan then he beat Scizor and that was his last fight until the Johto league where he beat Magmar but then lost to some other Pokemon of Gary's that I can't remember. That was his whole Johto region battle record.

How does that make him Ash's best Pokemon in Johto when he only had 4 battles there?
He lost to Gary’s Blastoise in the Johto league.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Heracross defeated Magmar and did decent damage to Darkrai

Yeah he beat Magmar... and? He ended up losing to Blastoise immediately after that. As for the 'decent' damage he did on Darkrai, like how would we even be able to rate how much damage he did with Megahorn when the anime doesn't use health bars in regular battles?