• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you rank Ashs Pokémon using the tier system?

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Yeah he beat Magmar... and? He ended up losing to Blastoise immediately after that. As for the 'decent' damage he did on Darkrai, like how would we even be able to rate how much damage he did with Megahorn when the anime doesn't use health bars in regular battles?
Heracross defeated Scizor and Magmar so why are you surprised he lost to Blastoise (Gary’s strongest Pokémon) right after?Also he lasted longer against Darkrai than Gible or Torkoal.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I consider Pikachu [at his peak], Lizardon, Goukazaru, Kabigon, Gekkouga, and Jukain to be at the top when it comes to tiers. Then things like Waruvial, Fiarrow, Ohsubame, Magmarashi, and other above average to average battlers would be in the middle tier. All the other Pokemon would be at the bottom.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I think we can all agree that Torterra,Totodile,Pidgeot,and Torkoal are bottom tier.
Torterra's not top tier, but every loss it had was against a strong Pokémon belonging to a strong trainer, so it's definitely not bottom tier.

Yeah thanks for reminding me. Still his record was like 50% wins and 50% losses. Wasn't Cyndaquil's battle record better than Heracross's?
Why look at win record? Quilava's best win (Nando's Armaldo) is comparable to Heracross' win against Nando's Kriketune, but then Heracross has a win against Gary's Magmar and decent showing against Tobias' Darkrai on top of that.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Torterra's not top tier, but every loss it had was against a strong Pokémon belonging to a strong trainer, so it's definitely not bottom tier.

Why look at win record? Quilava's best win (Nando's Armaldo) is comparable to Heracross' win against Nando's Kriketune, but then Heracross has a win against Gary's Magmar and decent showing against Tobias' Darkrai on top of that.
Someone else who appreciates Ashs Heracross!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
Yeah thanks for reminding me. Still his record was like 50% wins and 50% losses. Wasn't Cyndaquil's battle record better than Heracross's?

I don't remember what Magmarashi's battle record was like, but at least we can say that he battled more than Heracross did, so it was easier to consider him a good battler. I don't think either of them could be considered a true "powerhouse", but in my mind Heracross didn't seem that impressive outside of maybe the battle against Darkrai, but even then all he did was land one hit if I remember right.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I don't remember what Magmarashi's battle record was like, but at least we can say that he battled more than Heracross did, so it was easier to consider him a good battler. I don't think either of them could be considered a true "powerhouse", but in my mind Heracross didn't seem that impressive outside of maybe the battle against Darkrai, but even then all he did was land one hit if I remember right.
According to a popular chart made a few years ago Heracross has won 50% of his battles and Quilava has won 54%.The chart was made during the end of X and Y but Heracross hasn’t battled since Sinnoh so it doesn’t affect his score.I don’t know if it counts ties as wins or losses though.

RafaSceptile

According to a popular chart made a few years ago Heracross has won 50% of his battles and Quilava has won 54%.The chart was made during the end of X and Y but Heracross hasn’t battled since Sinnoh so it doesn’t affect his score.I don’t know if it counts ties as wins or losses though.

Quilava: 10W 7L 1D (57.89%)
Heracross: 3W 4L (42.86%)