• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you rank the Unova league in comparison with past leagues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Ken

RAVE
Unova could of been perfect, if they didnt rush it off, and went w/what Hoenn League did, which was bring out his full newly team, and have them battle 6v6 matches thru out. plus the animations behind the pokemon executing every move and trainers commanding was overboard. plus the victory over his main rival was not justified.
ash losing to a Lucario, which he's already beaten one in Sinnoh.
overall fukin disappointing.

He actually only tied with Lucario. He has never beaten a Lucario sadly. Ash's win over Trip seemed like a fluke. In this tournament Ash seemed like the 4-5th strongest competitor compared to how he was obviously the 2nd best back in Sinnoh.

He actually only tied with Lucario. He has never beaten a Lucario sadly. Ash's win over Trip seemed like a fluke. In this tournament Ash seemed like the 4-5th strongest competitor compared to how he was obviously the 2nd best back in Sinnoh.

How was it a fluke? Ash clearly thought of a good strategy that enabled him to win and Pikachu is his strongest Pokémon.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I definitely gotta agree with the people saying that this league was horrid. They gave Ash a variety of Pokemon throughout the region, giving us a chance to see battles that were even better than Hoenn even if he didn't use his Oaked Pokemon. And since for the first time since Johto Ash wasn't traveling with someone else who had a big competition, the writers were able to completely focus on Ash's big tournament but somehow, even with them not rushing like Sinnoh, getting rid of TR to avoid losing focus and not having any other competition to worry about, they managed to completely drop the ball on this league. While I know the phrase is that it's about the journey not the destination, the leagues are the purpose for the journey; the big show we all wait through a region for and yet this didn't get anywhere near the respect a league should have gotten. The tournament arcs through the region managed to get more respect at the end of the day. The writers really need to get their acts together with these leagues because their showings lately are seriously poor.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Oh, okay. Yeah, I agree with that. That was one of the many flaws of this League.

What's worse is that I had hoped for Trip to battle using all his previous Pokemon; so we could see Unfezant, Jellicent, Chandelure and Vanilluxe. Sadly, all those Pokemon already got some big debuts. Or, on teams by significant characters (Gym Leaders, Bosses, Rivals, etc).

I think what this League was also missing that I also felt was somewhat missing from Hoenn and even to an extent Kanto was that there wasn't that huge victory for Ash that made people rejoice and say, "He won! He actually won!" We got those moments in Johto and Sinnoh when Ash defeated Gary and Paul and that made those leagues worthwhile. That was missing here.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Worst. League. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! At least the Kanto league was semi interesting. I rank them like this:

Best:Hoenn
Johto
Sinnoh
Kanto
Worst: Unova

Lucille

If Unova taught me anythings its to expect that the next saga will suck terribly and stick firmly to that

STICKTOPIA

It's only because of their precious N why they rushed this league and why I consider Kanto better. Ash vs Tobias makes sense because they were legendaries but c'mon we're talking about the dude that missed the plane to johto for the unova league and rushing for a tournament that already finished -__-

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
it's the best league ever, you guys are all nuts, hating a series that is as perfect as this one, shame on you all

I'll give this league a 10/10 easily

Hopefully the next league can reach the heights this one did.

Pokechan

For me it goes: Johto>Sinnoh>Hoenn>Kanto>>Unova

I am sorry, but the Unova League could be the worst league in the series. It was full of lazy writing, Trip was eliminated on the first round, Bianca was eliminated before she even got a chance to battle Ash, Ash lost to a trainer who forgot to bring six Pokemon with him because he was a bonehead, had the Axew filler episode, and some of the battles were skipped for no reason at all.

Kanto had a lot of issues too, but at least it was shown at the point in the show where Ash was still a inexperienced trainer. At this point Ash should be progressing as a trainer, but in this league he regressed even in his league placement. The other thing that didn't help was that some of the competitors didn't seem as strong as the ones from the other leagues. Another thing is that this league for some reason lacked the heart and soul that a lot of the other leagues had and it really didn't even feel like a league.

Last edited:

Morcombe

I loved the Johto and Hoenn leagues. both showcased the preliminaries very well and the 6 on 6 battles against Gary, Harrison, Katie, Morrison and Tyson were all excellent imo.
The teams felt strong and were decently evolved and the two leagues were just fun and enjoyable.

Sinnoh is second purely because it took a trainer with legends to defeat Ash. Ash vs. Paul is easily one of my all time favourite fights and the rest of the league was really good. His team were all at great levels and stages of evolution and it was team worthy of taking into a league.

Kanto is third, Despite the fact the final battle against richie was terrible, the four prelim rounds were great, yes two of them were partially skipped but what we saw from them was still great. Can never forget that Belsprout on the Grass Field and kingler soloing the water field.

Unova is such a disappointment. for the most part I did enjoy the battles but no one in their right mind would have taken that team into the league. I woulda been in the pokemon centre getting Infernape and Sceptile and Snorlax to strengthen it up. Ash's team just seemed so incredibly weak compared to the other leagues. the rivals seemed a lot weaker, the main rival battle we were all looking forward to was given a 1v1 instead of a 6v6 and that just incredibly stupid imo. Bianca and Vergil were skipped. Stephan battle was the best part.
Worst of all Ash lost to someone who only had 5 pokemon, even with a handicap he still lost.

the entire best wishes series feels like a big reboot rather than a sequal to D&P, Ash has returned to being a noob after all his development from AG and D&P. if this is what happens when they rush the badges and the league then please, please, please bring back all the cotd filler episodes. series started with such promise and then just seemed to to fall down a hole with the cancellation of the rocket vs plasma stuff and hast recovered since. gym battles were lackluster and seemed to be a lot weaker as well compared johto, sinnoh and hoenn.

by far Unova is my personal worst league and series overall.

gonna take a lot from this episode N to raise it's stock. they shoudla done this before the league imo. give Ash's teamtime to get stronger, learn some new moves or evolve some. there is still 10 months to go before they need to the xy anime there was no need to rush the league this badly

it's the best league ever, you guys are all nuts, hating a series that is as perfect as this one, shame on you all

I'll give this league a 10/10 easily

Hopefully the next league can reach the heights this one did.

i cant tell if your being serious or not....

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
The only thing worse then this league is.......That the Magikarp Salesman has not appeared in BW truly he is real main character of the show.

zeno48

Zaker!
I wonder what Paul or Gary would think of Ash right now. I'm curious since they probably would be disappointed in his regression.

zeno48

Zaker!
Gary: "What a loser!"

Paul: "Pathetic"

^ lol. Yeah i can picture them saying that. Do you guys think the writers intentionally did this? Yeah i get the target fans are kids, but if i was watching this if i was a kid; i would still not be pleased at all with his character development and how this was just poorly written. They better have other ways of keeping people interested because this rinse and repeat formula is bound to eventually make people give up on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.