• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you react if Ash ever wins a Pokemon League?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Simple question. That's it.

cmarston1

Animation Enthusiast
I would be like "About freaking time!"

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
I'd be pretty excited!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I would be surprised, but I wouldn't expect him to be written off and he'll probably lose the next league if that ever happened.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I don't think I'd have much of a reaction because I wouldn't know how to react. I 100% never expect him to win, so...

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I think it might send the fanbase into shock...

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
IDK.....I would of course have tears of joys in my eyes and be in disbelief for a few moments....this is primarily what I've been watching the anime for: to see our raven-haired hero finally accompolish what has been portrayed throughout the course of the anime as Ash's primary step towards achieving his goal, a.k.a. Winning a League!!! :):):)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I’d just be surprised but at least I’l be glad to see that Ash is more competent after he does so.

DatsRight

I don't think I'd have much of a reaction because I wouldn't know how to react. I 100% never expect him to win, so...

Same really. I suppose it would be a nice break from formula, and even if he continues next series, theres that added suspension from whether or not he can actually win.

I almost feel like Ash losing the leagues is almost the point these days though, like he's meant to represent a guy in an existential crisis, and is more fit travelling the world helping people and Pokemon over trying to dedicate himself to some competition or occupation like league champion. I wouldn't be surprised if SM made him losing a plot point like XY did, since it's kinda a recurring trait of him this series that he's a loser at face value but hyper competent when he needs to be.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would be relieved since many folks who constantly criticize his League shortcomings would finally have something positive to say, yet I'd also feel vexed that it took Satoshi so long to achieve this milestone. So mixed feelings all around.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Meanwhile in a parallel universe where Ash won the Kalos League:

Yeah!!! On August 18 2016 we finally saw Ash taking the first massive step towards becoming a Pokémon Master by winning a regional league! Too bad that the Kalos champions’ League had to be cancelled due to the TF incident though they might let Ash do it at some point in the future. The Pokémon of prophecy Ash-Greninja slayed the mighty flaming dragon to close out the battle of generations, but let's not forget that this was only possible because of the crucial damage that Pikachu, who was the true MVP of that battle as 1 would expect from Ash's most trusted Pokémon, had previously caused. I can still remember the tears of joy trickling down my face as the announcer declared Ash victor of the Kalos League with Ash immediately falling down on his back and my heart skipping a beat as he clenched his fist in triumph towards the sky with an image of all his major companions appearing at that moment. This was truly a joyous day where our childhoods were fulfilled and I'll remember it for as long as I live :) :)!!!! All Hail Ash the victor!!!!!

If SM and the next gen anime don’t let Ash finally win a league conference then I’m just going to pretend he won the Kalos League (and they made it very easy to do so) and move on (I’ll just headcanon that he trains up his Pokémon for an eventual champions’ league run in Kanto).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Meanwhile in a parallel universe where Ash won the Kalos League:

Yeah!!! On August 18 2016 we finally saw Ash taking the first massive step towards becoming a Pokémon Master by winning a regional league! Too bad that the Kalos champions’ League had to be cancelled due to the TF incident though they might let Ash do it at some point in the future. The Pokémon of prophecy Ash-Greninja slayed the mighty flaming dragon to close out the battle of generations, but let's not forget that this was only possible because of the crucial damage that Pikachu, who was the true MVP of that battle as 1 would expect from Ash's most trusted Pokémon, had previously caused. I can still remember the tears of joy trickling down my face as the announcer declared Ash victor of the Kalos League with Ash immediately falling down on his back and my heart skipping a beat as he clenched his fist in triumph towards the sky with an image of all his major companions appearing at that moment. This was truly a joyous day where our childhoods were fulfilled and I'll remember it for as long as I live :) :)!!!! All Hail Ash the victor!!!!!

If SM and the next gen anime don’t let Ash finally win a league conference then I’m just going to pretend he won the Kalos League (and they made it very easy to do so) and move on (I’ll just headcanon that he trains up his Pokémon for an eventual champions’ league run in Kanto).
yeah, gen 8 is the last straw, he usually advances every 2 gens, so being stagnant/regressing for 2 gens straight will be too much

Genaller

Silver Soul
yeah, gen 8 is the last straw, he usually advances every 2 gens, so being stagnant/regressing for 2 gens straight will be too much
A gen 8 League has a good chance of coinciding with the anime’s silver (25th) anniversary and if there were ever a good time to have Ash finally win a league, it would be then.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I would start with an "It's been 3000 years meme" and then go into a state of shock.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Honestly, I'm just going to be tired, but glad that the Pokémon anime would have come to an end. Then I wouldn't have to feel like I need to stress myself playing catch-up to current events, and just watch the rest of the anime at my own pace.