• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you react if Ash ever wins a Pokemon League?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Oh I forgot to answer the original question of this thread.

The first thing I would do would be to immediately ask @345ash-greninja whether his phone that he previously smashed on #August182016 has magically repaired itself.
People don't wanna live with bad memories, do they? :D That was then, now it's now. It really took me months to get rid of the salt, because I was really passionate about Ash finally winning a League after 19 years of despair, I was disappointed, salty and angry as hell which Ash lost, but well, as time passed and I got rid of the salt, it was easily understandable for me that Ash vs Alain Kalos League was easily one of the best battles in the anime. :)

He’s never going to win. People are content with him doing nothing.

I love how people say XY/XYZ was so plot driven and formulaic. The Pokémon universe is plot driven. You do a, b, c and get to d. I love character driven shows as much as the next guy(FMA 03 is my favorite anime), but a good formula/plot driven show can be amazing. Marvel movies and shounen come to mind

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I would be stunned if he won. I won't get my hopes up anytime soon. I imagine he will lose in the Alola League as well. I bet he will lose to Gladion....
It's always best not to get your hopes up, so we can avoid having a heart attack if Ash ever does win. I mean, it could be another 20 years before he wins, and we'll be 40-50+ years old (I already have a couple gray hairs).

As for the reaction, it would probably be a couple fist pumps and that's it. All the emotion for Ash winning a league has been wasted in previous leagues, so I fear there won't be much left if and when the time comes.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I would be happy if the writer's broke the ultimate status quo they have going for them.

Heck I'd probably say something nice about them and the show for a change, especially since it would truly prove to me that they are willing to make changes to the formula.

At the moment, I don't care what you say, but for me the show will never change at its core it may change the surface or create the illusion of change "gym battles to a slice-of-life comedy school setting" but for me it will never truly change at its very core.

The only three ways I can think of for me to change my opinion on that is if A. Poipole evolves and Ash gets to permanently keep it B. Ash catches multiple Ultra Beast and gets to permanently keep them all and/or C. Ash wins a league

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd be even happier than I'll be the day that damn Fortnite fad dies

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Happy but him winning a league does not mean the series will end.
He should challenge E4 and champions to become the greatest.

Kuzehiko

Problem is there are multiple ones.

Unless that spoken Champion's League isn't a myth.
I don't think it is a myth since it was even mentioned in BW by Trip.
The real question is what happens when you win the Champion's League? you becomne an E4? you earn the right to challenge a regional champion? or you face E4 and regional champions in the Champion's League? we don't know for sure yet and I hope the Champion's League will not be retconned in the series. They can have Ash win a league and then lose in the Champion's League which may lead to him going to another region again. Up till now they're all speculations.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The real question is what happens when you win the Champion's League? you becomne an E4? you earn the right to challenge a regional champion? or you face E4 and regional champions in the Champion's League? we don't know for sure yet and I hope the Champion's League will not be retconned in the series. They can have Ash win a league and then lose in the Champion's League which may lead to him going to another region again. Up till now they're all speculations.
Now, that you mention it. Alain won the Kalos league, then fought alongside Ash against Team Flare & Lysandre, then left Kalos for another region adventure with Mairin. We haven't seen him continue fighting against the whole Kalos Elite 4 members nor the champion. Maybe because he's not the main character, that we might not see him fighting against all of them onscreen but still...

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
In Pokemon Adventures you get the right to challenge the Elite Four and the Pokemon Champion if you win the competition of the Pokemon League. Since the XYZ anime series seems to borrow some influence from the Adventures series I'm going to assume it's the same way for the Kalos League.

Kuzehiko

Now, that you mention it. Alain won the Kalos league, then fought alongside Ash against Team Flare & Lysandre, then left Kalos for another region adventure with Mairin. We haven't seen him continue fighting against the whole Kalos Elite 4 members nor the champion. Maybe because he's not the main character, that we might not see him fighting against all of them onscreen but still...
Alain didn't seem to be interested to follow that path tbh.
There is not an universal law that indicates all regionals champions will join the Champion's League. Besides, Alain himself is an E4 tier trainer so it wouldn't make sense if he went to face the E4.

In Pokemon Adventures you get the right to challenge the Elite Four and the Pokemon Champion if you win the competition of the Pokemon League. Since the XYZ anime series seems to borrow some influence from the Adventures series I'm going to assume it's the same way for the Kalos League.
Maybe.
It would be very cool if you actually face the E4 in the Champion's League in the anime.

Litleonid

I would be honestly pretty excited if we finally got to see it happen. I remember how excited I was just at the mere thought that there was a possibility that Ash could have won the Kalos League, but we all know they decided to throw that out the window in favor of this ridiculous status quo, and give it to someone who didn't deserve to win the Kalos League.

I will always say that there's no real reason the writers can't let him win a league. Winning a league is merely a stepping stone to the next level, which is the Champion's League, aka the E4 and Champion. Winning a league merely lets Ash take the next step towards his goal, and logically, I think a real end point would be if Ash became the Champion of a region, not winning a league.