1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How would you react if Mimikyu's true form turns out to be your least favourite/most hated Pokemon?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by adamlevine, Jul 20, 2018.

1. adamlevine

adamlevine New Member

So I read this comic and the question popped up in my mind.

Would people still find Mimikyu cute if it turns out to be their least favourite Pokemon? What if it’s a Pokemon that gave you hell in the games?

Discuss!

2. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy Tale Man

I would still love Mimikyu even if it's true form turns out to be ugly. Really, that's all Mimkyu wants anyway. I like Fairy types in general, and I like the lore of Mimikyu.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  3. Drake Pokétrainer

Drake Pokétrainer Blood of Insanity

I kinda doubt its real form will ever be revealed. It's one of the great mysteries of the pokémon world, just like how Cubone's face looks like without the skull helmet.

The fact that I don't absolutely hate any pokémon would probably mean I wouldn't hate Mimikyu either, if it looked absolutely terrible that might be among my least favorite pokémon with Bruxish, Pikachu and the Kami trio in their Incarnate formes but at least I'd still like clothed Mimikyu as much as I do now.

4. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

I once saw some fan-art online that showed the black void under the 'Pikachu' rag as a cute little black dustball, like the ones you see in Studio Ghibli movies. I think I'd love Mimikyu more if that was its 'true' form.
    [​IMG]

If it was something like this, however...

[​IMG]

...I'd probably be even more scared of Mimikyu. :eek:

(On a side note, wasn't Mimikyu's 'real' form already shown in the anime?)

5. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Given it's true form caused someone to die of fright, and put Meowth out of commission, Mimikyu's true form probably isn't any Pokemon we know of but something out of H.P Lovecraft. Only it acts cute because this is Pokemon

Or maybe it's an upside-down Diglett

6. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

Nothing could ever replace Lickilicky (aka Ickyicky) in my eyes as my most despised Pokémon. I only keep it around for Pokédex completion and the stuff it into a PC Box to rot away for all eternity. Mimikyu being shown its true self would probably make it more popular with its fans.

7. RedJirachi

I dunno, the hype they made about how horrifying its true self means just about anything revealed as the true form would kill that

8. NovaBrunswick

In the anime, Mimikyu's 'real' form was literally just a black ghostly blob with anime-star eyes. It was swimming in the sea though, so maybe it has a different 'true' form for when it's on land?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  9. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that what you're referring to was Mimikyu's true form being deliberately shadowed, rather than being what it truly looks like; all it really tells us is that Mimikyu's body is probably amorphous in some way, which its Ghost typing makes unsurprising.

That being said, for all people like to point out the (probably exaggerated, as plenty of Gen VII entries were) entry that talks about somebody dying from fright from seeing Mimikyu, Pokemon in both the games and anime are able to withstand being trapped inside of its disguise for the duration of Let's Snuggle Forever with no seeming problem (such as a visible fright in the anime, or an accompanying stat reduction if they survive in the games).

10. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I doubt my opinion on Mimikyu changes, even if it turns out to be Swalot/Probopass/Conkeldurr in disguise.

11. NovaBrunswick

Or it could be Meowth having a near-death experience and seeing something different to what we, the viewers, see as Mimikyu.

12. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

So....is the question "what if there's actually your least favourite Pokemon hiding under Mimikyu's sheet?"

If so, then my opinion of Mimikyu would not change, even if there was a Voltorb, Diglett or Dedenne under that sheet, because it would mean the Volorbs, Digletts or Dedennes that become Mimikyu aspire to be something better and I won't fault any living creature for what they were born as.
    Mimikyu's awesome, no matter what's under that sheet.

13. Part of me actually likes to headcanon that Mimikyu looks like whatever you fear most, kinda like Boggarts in Harry Potter, and that’s why it doesn’t have a revealed true form yet. I wouldn’t be disappointed if we got a “true form” though, I rarely end up feeling truly negative about anything Pokemon tbh.

14. Jirachi100

Jirachi100 Kirby Fan

My least favorite is Durant (The hate is based on my childhood fear of ants in large groups) and I doubt Mimikyu looks anything like it.
    But yeah, I'd still love Mimikyu even if it turned out to be an unloved Pokemon underneath.

15. NovaBrunswick

I'm also kind of afraid of ants. I got stung a few times when I was younger, so that's probably where the fear stems from, but they're hard workers and I like them for that.

16. Scammel

Scammel Well-Known Member

I'd switch to Breloom, so that it can waste Lucario with Mach Punch.

17. Wabblebabble123

Wabblebabble123 Ultimate Fortnite Noob

I don't hate any pokemon so I don't know.

18. RedJirachi

Even if it's not to the extent the Pokedex suggests, Mimikyu's true form has been portrayed as too spooky for any Pokemon to give it justice. I got the impression that "Let's Snuggle Forever" is that Mimikyu's so scary it hurts the Pokemon

19. Deadeye

Deadeye H(a)unting...

I don't think my least favourite Pokemon could kill me out of terror, even if their ugly ghost resided under those rags. Of course it would still be shocking if those rags would be removed and the "emptiness"/"black blob" would represent themselves as an image of me being bear-snuggled forever by an ugly ghost of my least favourite Pokemon, but figuratively I've already seen that illusion and I'm still alive.... as a ghost owl.

20. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

I doubt that I would hate Mimikyu. Even if I don’t like it’s design I’m still going to love the concept.