• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you react if your family know youre playing pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronzong#1

Cell Shaded
Honestly my parents didn't care if I played it, but they weren't in it themselves but they didn't force me to stop playing or anytthing

dan2point5

I've played it since 1st gen so there's no way I'd stop playing now. My fiancée doesn't mind in the slightest, in fact I think she's glad cos it keeps me quiet and out the way when she's doing her own stuff haha.

My brothers play as well so at least I've got people to talk about it with, as well as you fine people!

Last edited:

shekal

completing kanto dex
lol i cant figure out what if my GF knows i play pokemon...maybe she gonna say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!! im gonna force my future family to play lol..

Aegon

Some people's families don't know that they play Pokémon? o_O I didn't think it was that big of a deal. C'mon, it's not a massive secret that once told, marks the end of normality in one's life. It's a game.

Bronzong#1

Cell Shaded
lol i cant figure out what if my GF knows i play pokemon...maybe she gonna say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!! im gonna force my future family to play lol..

Maybe she's a closet pokemon fan and I'm not going to force my future family to play they can if they want

Axel

Orange Champion
My family and boyfriend know. A lot of my friends at college play Pokemon, so they know too.

Really, it's not that big of a deal. Everyone enjoys different video games.

iAlexOnline

o_O

This is a rather silly thread. You're not doing anything illegal. You're playing a game.

If you're ashamed of playing Pokemon so much that you have to keep it a secret, there are bigger problems there.

I never keep it a secret. I'm 19 years old, I've been playing Pokemon since the one Christmas that I got Pokemon Blue and Red. Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon (cliche but w/e) and I have about...7 plush Pikachus in my room, and I have a Pikachu pillow pet on my bed. I take one of my Pikachu plushies with me everytime I go on vacation (which is a few times a year).

I bought a Pokemon t-shirt in my senior year of high school and wore it multiple times, and got tons of compliments from people of all shapes and sizes. Right before I went on my last cruise I bought Ashs original hat from the original series.

I wore that hat on the plane and had Pikachu sticking out of my backpack. Some lady on the plane who had younger kids and needed to pass her food to them (she wasnt sitting next to them) said "Hey Pokemon" (to which i reacted and turned around) and she said "Can you pass this to my kids please".

Was I embarassed? Not in the least.

To be honest, nerds are cool. Everyone loves nerds. To be able to freely embrace your inner geek takes a LOT of courage and confidence, and people respect that. My parents do rag on me sometimes for liking Pokemon, but that doesnt stop me from buying Pokemon stuff or watching the show or playing the game. Im in college and I was playing Pokemon black in one of my classes. I really didn't care.

In case you think im making this all up, here's a picture of me searching cerulean cave for mewtwo.

http://i51.*******.com/16bbvif.jpg

-------------------------------------------------
SUPER WEIRD COINCIDENCE. When I uploaded that picture this was the ReCaptcha
http://i55.*******.com/2l7rll.png

shekal

completing kanto dex
lol i see now..all of the trainers are around 20 and some even married and still playing..at least im not the one that too old to play pokemon game..20 something are not too ages for this game i think myself..

but one thing for sure when they find out they gonna say "you play pokemon this age??" im gonna endure it i hope lol..and ill be blamed if i had no money T.T

TurboOneTwenty

The WiFi Noob
Well occasioanlly I'll get someone in the family say something like "you still play it at your age" (I'm 22 later this month) but I just retort with "It's fun at that's all that matters".

Sorotoki

100% Legit 50% Pro
Not only does my family know, but everyone at the school I used to go to knows. I'd get picked on for it, then my friends would come back me up, and suddenly nobody got picked on again for it. I'm 18, and still happily playing Pokemon.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
My family used to know that I played pokemon (up to Sapphire) and then I stopped playing until about 2008. Then I got with my fiancee and we got DP and I don't really want my family to see me playing it because I would get s*** for it. Especially from my brother... I would never live it down. Other than my mom and brother, my fiancee knows of course (cuz he plays it too) and my friends at college know. :3

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
My wife and kids know I play Pokemon, my son raids my pokedex for ideas in his cartoon world and my daughter trades with me when she needs a good clean up pokemon.

My wife still occasionally complains about the money I spend. But hey I'm a auto worker and I should be allowed to feed my inner child on occasions!

~DragonTypeLoverShadria~

A yup. My grampa was the person who gave me a handful of the TCG when I was 4, and let me watch the show when I was 5-7. Then when I turned 8, the most greatest thing happened: He came across Pokemon Red, Blue, Sliver and Gold. Ever since then, he and granma were the ones to buy me my games (except Emerald, PMD: EoTS, and the Pokemon Ranger Series). I managed to drag my cousin into the fandum for a while, but he ragequited. I managed to get my Daddy into it, and he still loves it. =D He's played my Sliver, Emerald, his own copy of HeartGold, and Black. I think that he may have played D/P/Pl. <At least I have a family member that I can talk Pokemon with.
Although Pokemon isn't all that popular at school, I've run across some guys that talk about it if you start it up. One of them happens to be my current crush. And if I accidently blurt a Pokemon refernce out, most just ignore it.

Magcargo96

I love this avvy
My family knows I play Pokémon, and they really don't mind. I really don't know why I should keep it a secret or something.

My Dad (aged 49) asked me (aged 22) to show him my DSi the day I got it. I showed him the camera, sound editer ect. Not the web browser 'cos I hadn't downloaded it yet. Pokemon Diamond was in the game slot. If he noticed he didn't comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.