• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you react to an increased number of moves?

fitzy909

Just another guy
Oh... this would turn certain Pokemon, especially ones with a wide movepool to become even more dangerous. (Mew, Arceus, Mewtwo, Smeargle, etc come to mind.)

Pokemon will have to pretty much reboot everything if this happens, so no, I would not welcome the change very well.

exactly what i thought. smeargle and mew would become especially overpowered. it would completely unbalance the games.

Mew The Gato

Indeed, while Smeargle has a slightly larger movepool, Mew has the stats. They would have to reboot the stats of ALL Pokemon then.

But Mew becoming overpowered would be great!

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Move slots are what they are because I'd there were more slots, the games would be less of a challenge.

Luthor

Interesting so from what i'm reading most people wouldn't want it. But there seems to be a split if whether or not it could work.

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
I would not welcome that change at all. The series has had four moves since it's inception, they can't and won't induce this change. Also, it would make the game far easier, which I would not like as well.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
I would not be happy. We have had to deal with 4 moves since the beginning, and even though new types have come along, I don't think changing the number of moves will be taken very well. Don't try to fix what isn't broken.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
Why would we ever increase from four moves? It's a nice number. It fits nicely on the battle and stat screens. It's been there forever.

Cherche

Banned
I personally welcome the arrival of our 6-Move overlord Pokémon in Gen VI. A couple extra slots never hurt anybody!

ColdDemise52

Pokemon Explorer
No way. Too many pokemon could just sweep forever.

ebevan91

Water fall and surf are very powerful water type attacks so they will always be counted.
I prefer if HM's did not have to be taught to a Pokemon and certain Pokemon would know how to do them anyway without having the need to have the actual HM's as part of it's 4 moves. For example, lapras should know how to surf without actually hiving surf as one of it's 4 moves.
But some people may like surf or water fall as part of their moves so may teach it anyway.

The good moves are the ones that can be kept. Surf, Waterfall, MAYBE Fly and Dive.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Four slots is fine, but I'd welcome more. If they did add more, I assume it would only be one more. Maybe, when a pokémon evolves it gets more?

bushie

i have no problem with more moves seeing that we also get more pokemon i would however i have a problem with more HM moves

SBaby

Dungeon Master
A number of pokemon would become even more dangerous. Doesn't sound like a good idea. Pokemon would become way too unbalanced.

Not really, because if your Pokémon had more than 4 moves, everyone else's Pokémon would have more than 4 moves. So it wouldn't really change much in the balance department. If it really DID make things that unbalanced, then maybe it's time that GF rebalanced the Pokémon that people consider to be overpowered.

However, here's a compromise. Instead of making Pokémon 'forget' moves to learn new ones, have a move pool and enable the player to equip and un-equip moves as the situation calls for them. This way, you're still limited to 4 different moves in battle, and can swap them out between battles when you need them.

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
Its funny because if adding a move slot was something to happen in 6 gen. Everyone would accept it...

epicninjask123

LoL Lunatic
I wouldn't care for the increased move slot. Most pokemon don't have enough moves to fill them anyways and the ones that do would be really overpowered. Besides, it kills the fun of having to strategize.

Luthor

I wouldn't care for the increased move slot. Most pokemon don't have enough moves to fill them anyways and the ones that do would be really overpowered. Besides, it kills the fun of having to strategize.

i wouldn't say it kills the fun having of stratergise, it would mean you would have to change pre existing strategy. Whether or not is good for gameplay is another matter. I don't know honestly.

Sara Hysaro

I wouldn't mind if you could teach an unlimited number of moves to your Pokémon, but had to equip those moves to use them. When you go to your move page you'd see four slots, and below it a list of all the moves it ever had. It wouldn't change the metagame (you would need to be outside of battle to change your moveset), and nobody would fuss over HMs. It'd make the game itself easier, but I'm sure there are ways to compensate for that.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I support the notion of "don't fix what isn't broken." So no, I will not welcome it because I no reason for a change to come.