1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How would you reimagine the Pokedex Holders and other characters in classic fantasy RPG classes?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 17, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

Honestly in many ways the Pokedex Holders remind me of specific RPG classes more than any other Pokemon medium thanks to their unique but specific set of skills, background and personality and not only that but there's enough protagonists that you can literally turn 21 of them into your own little fan-made Fire Emblem army if you wanted with specific classes to set them apart from each other. In fact, in some ways many of the Pokemon Adventure villains kind of remind me of Fire Emblem's more human but complex villains, so I can see them retaining classes exclusive to bosses. Also I know this thread will be more focused on the Pokdex Holders and villains but I can see supporting characters also act in RPG roles in some way as well, like Bill as a governor official or Prof. Oak as a wise mentor or maybe the Gym Leaders are like Guild Leaders and the Pokemon Association they work for is a Pokemon Guild Association or whatever. Also it's not too surprising that the Pokemon series themselves have adapted JRPG character classes into their games, specifically the Gen 6 and Gen 7 starter Pokemon that are literally based on classic Dungeon and Dragon classes. You have Chesnaught the Knight, Greninja the Rogue, Delphox the Mage, Decidueye the Archer, Primarina the Bard and Incineroar the Berserker. So I think you guys pretty much get the idea that not only is Pokemon not new to these concepts, the Pokemon Adventures protagonists are practically perfect for their own classic fantasy JRPG that will never ever happen lol.

If the Pokedex Holders and other characters were in a fantasy world, what would their RPG classes be?

Also keep in mind, you don't have to use the classic RPG classes. You can go by classes from other media like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy. For example Red and Yellow could become the Fighter and Priestess, two classes from Fire Emblem Echoes.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018