1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

How would you reimagine the Pokedex Holders and other characters in classic fantasy RPG classes?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 17, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 It's a Brooklyn episode. So turn on the subtitles.

Honestly in many ways the Pokedex Holders remind me of specific RPG classes more than any other Pokemon medium thanks to their unique but specific set of skills, background and personality and not only that but there's enough protagonists that you can literally turn 21 of them into your own little fan-made Fire Emblem army if you wanted with specific classes to set them apart from each other. In fact, in some ways many of the Pokemon Adventure villains kind of remind me of Fire Emblem's more human but complex villains, so I can see them retaining classes exclusive to bosses. Also I know this thread will be more focused on the Pokdex Holders and villains but I can see supporting characters also act in RPG roles in some way as well, like Bill as a governor official or Prof. Oak as a wise mentor or maybe the Gym Leaders are like Guild Leaders and the Pokemon Association they work for is a Pokemon Guild Association or whatever. Also it's not too surprising that the Pokemon series themselves have adapted JRPG character classes into their games, specifically the Gen 6 and Gen 7 starter Pokemon that are literally based on classic Dungeon and Dragon classes. You have Chesnaught the Knight, Greninja the Rogue, Delphox the Mage, Decidueye the Archer, Primarina the Bard and Incineroar the Berserker. So I think you guys pretty much get the idea that not only is Pokemon not new to these concepts, the Pokemon Adventures protagonists are practically perfect for their own classic fantasy JRPG that will never ever happen lol.

If the Pokedex Holders and other characters were in a fantasy world, what would their RPG classes be?

Also keep in mind, you don't have to use the classic RPG classes. You can go by classes from other media like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy. For example Red and Yellow could become the Fighter and Priestess, two classes from Fire Emblem Echoes.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  2. BenLee really not taken

BenLee really not taken Well-Known Member

https://imgur.com/gallery/rMYUoWA
    As for Black and White 2,
    Blake would be a assasin, without the assasinations, and Whitley would dress up in similar cloths as her Team Plasma outfit, where she would be a bomber.
    For X, he would be some sort of shaman with a cape, and Y would still be a flier, but her suit would now be weaponized
    For Sun, he can be a chariot rider, and Moon can be a scientist/alchemist

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    shoz999 likes this.
  3. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

You said you could make a FE army with these guys, so I'm gonna do just that. I'll use Awakening classes because that's the only one I've played.
    Red-> Hero
    Green(M)-> Sorcerer
    Blue(F)-> Trickster
    Yellow-> Villager
    Gold-> Bow Knight
    Silver-> Thief
    Crystal-> War Monk
    Ruby-> Warrior
    Sapphire-> Berserk
    Emerald-> Barbarian
    Diamond-> Knight
    Pearl -> Myrmidon
    Platinum-> Sage
    Black-> Paladin
    White-> Cleric
    Lack-Two -> Assasin
    Whi-Two -> Valkyrie
    X-> Dark Knight
    Y-> Falcon Knight
    Sun-> Mercenary
    Moon-> Archer

4. shoz999

LOL. Krys as a War Monk. Why does that make so much sense?

5. BenLee really not taken

BenLee really not taken Well-Known Member

Did someone delete the Imgur link I put on my post?

6. shoz999

Never heard of that problem before. Normally I just copy-n-paste images but I have seen the image. It's pretty good.