• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you update the fishing mechanic?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
OdGgwgJ.jpg

The Fishing Rod featured in the Pokemon TCG

So fishing is a big part of Japanese culture. Actually to be honest it's a big part of pretty much almost every culture but the video game industry in Japan loves it so much that fishing is a common feature in many video games, from Monster Hunter to Legend of Zelda to Pokemon! With that being said, how would you improve the fishing mechanic? Would you streamline the fishing experience? Would you turn it into a minigame where you literally had to customize the rod and lure which actually might be pretty fun lol. Or heck, turn it into a Pokemon spinoff... hmm... that actually might be a fun Pokemon game as well... either way. How would you update the fishing mechanic?

TwilightBlade

I don't like how fishing works in the Alola games since we need to visit specific fishing spots. Having a limitation like that takes some of the fun out of fishing so I'd start by changing that. Also fishing in R/S/E was a nightmare and it took me ages to figure out how to fish in those games, so that was a flawed mechanic.

Game Freak should also add more variety of fish Pokemon found during fishing so that we don't get stuck reeling in the same 2-3 Pokemon all the time.

NeedsAName

Game Freak should also add more variety of fish Pokemon found during fishing so that we don't get stuck reeling in the same 2-3 Pokemon all the time.

This. I'm trying to complete my dex right now in Alpha Sapphire after a lot of time not playing it, and fishing is really terrible. It seems I can only get Magikarp and Wailmer no matter where I go.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What if the fishing mechanic was turned into a button mashing fighting game where you had to perform fishing combos to pull the fish out and depending on the number of combos you do, the better the Pokemon?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would revert back to the old fishing mechanics of being allowed to cast a fishing rod in any area in a body of water, not just in specific locations. I would also make it so that the levels of wild Pokemon found by fishing would match the levels of the first Pokemon in our party, that way we could manipulate how strong the hooked Pokemon would be before the encounter.