• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How would you want the region where Ash becomes a Pokemon Master to be written?

Question in title

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Written well.

/thread

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
What kind of story?

Oh right.

Probably one that directly connects with Ash, either through his morals, beliefs or just the circumstances cause misfortune on him in some capacity. I'd rather not see him be an all inspiring hero from a faraway land save the day, I'd rather he suffer personally from the 'bad guys' and thus have the good guy victory have more meaning to Ash and co. Heck, maybe we could have his travelling companion betray him or something like that.

Wins the league through a gruelling gauntlet of tough opponents that requires him to summon out all of his reserves. Doesn't go in hard with GPICSS from the start. Uses maybe one as an anchor and his other mons get time to shine in the league matches alongside the regional team.

As for setting, would prefer it to be light-hearted in nature with lots of humourous moments that make the cast endearing. Personally I've grown tired of serious shonen-esque stuff like AoT, would rather Pokemon be fun.

Oh right.

Probably one that directly connects with Ash, either through his morals, beliefs or just the circumstances cause misfortune on him in some capacity. I'd rather not see him be an all inspiring hero from a faraway land save the day, I'd rather he suffer personally from the 'bad guys' and thus have the good guy victory have more meaning to Ash and co. Heck, maybe we could have his travelling companion betray him or something like that.

Wins the league through a gruelling gauntlet of tough opponents that requires him to summon out all of his reserves. Doesn't go in hard with GPICSS from the start. Uses maybe one as an anchor and his other mons get time to shine in the league matches alongside the regional team.

As for setting, would prefer it to be light-hearted in nature with lots of humourous moments that make the cast endearing. Personally I've grown tired of serious shonen-esque stuff like AoT, would rather Pokemon be fun.

I'd like a timeskip where Ash ends up giving up his dream of becoming a Pokemon trainer after he loses the Alola league or whatever and hasn't done any Pokemon battling, training or anything. For like 3-5 years he didn't do anything but just randomly travel with Pikachu.

I have a whole idea planned out and everything, probs might write a fanfic but for now that would be a good start to a region. It doesn't have to be my exact wish or anything, but it would make for a good story

Rajas

My main issue is that I believe it would take multiple regions to make Ash a Pokemon master, for me it depends on if they ever define what a Pokemon master is. If it's about beating the very best then Ash needs to defeat all the champions of each available region which would mean he has to win all the leagues, beat all the elite fours etc. This will never happen though but I want a few season depicting him just beating all the old leagues and becoming the ultimate trainer.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Ash should become pokemon master in a region based off...wait for it.....

The one place satoshi tajiri would want to visit the most o.o; wherever that is.

Yeah, I don't have much for this thread. I'll have to think the plot through more....yep.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'd like something similar to the Battle Frontier where older Pokemon and past companions and rivals return. I'd also like for Ash to be shown struggling to show that this is his hardest challenge uet, otherwise it'd just be boring if he breezes through everything easily like he has in these past 2 series. And what I mean by Ash struggling is that it's showing how hard this final challenge will be like, and not to make him look weak.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I'd like something similar to the Battle Frontier where older Pokemon and past companions and rivals return. I'd also like for Ash to be shown struggling to show that this is his hardest challenge uet, otherwise it'd just be boring if he breezes through everything easily like he has in these past 2 series. And what I mean by Ash struggling is that it's showing how hard this final challenge will be like, and not to make him look weak.

For that you need to beat alain or tobias like trainers to give ash a real challenge even with his strongest team, because those two trainers are the step above the rest of them. Alain defeated an E4 member's ace and ash couldn't beat him even once and tobias had his legendaries with him. Paul, gary, tyson, sawyer and conway are other good rivals but they all will lose decisively to GPICSS Ash. I hope gladion is also strengthwise in alain's tier also.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Ash goes to a champion's league where he battles Cynthia, Alain, Tyson, Steven etc. He wins until the end but there's one more guy who is the strongest.It's his dad. Ash and his dad have final battle to see who is the strongest trainer of all time. During their battle, emotional song starts playing quietly.When they're using their last Pokemon( Pikachu and ???) battle cuts off where camera goes up to sky revealing ending credits and emotional song start singing intensively by female artists.After the credits big THE END is shown We don't know who is actually winner, it's all up to our imagination and theories.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It'd have to be a region like DP for one, where the Elite Four actually show up entirely and the Champion shows up several times.
And his rival would have to have been to other regions, much like Paul. Only they've beaten Leagues and faced off against the Elite Four but always ended up losing, somebody's whose done better than Ash and fights like a Champion cause he's actually faced off against some. Giving a REAL reasoning for Ash getting curbstomped by his team. There are no League Rivals, only this guy.
The rival's a dick too, not a massive one but one who thinks friends are a waste of time and just slow you down. And that ends up his undoing, Ash has friends cheering him on at the League.... he doesn't have anybody but fans. Ash ends up being the first real friend he has in the end.
Ash can't come anywhere close to beating him before the League, and he only shows up once or twice every 10 episodes.... not every three episodes like certain XY rivals.

And Giovanni would be the main villain, so Team Rocket as an organization can end. Jessie ends up winning the Grand Festival and gets a fashion gig like she always wanted, Meowth and James open up a restaurant together in the same city Jessie is based in. A restaurant that ends up being the region's most popular cause the Champion(Ash, duh) eats there. The TRio and Ash became friends, friends on the level of Brock and Dawn.
Looker cleared them of any crimes they've done due to their help in the past against Galactic, Plasma, Flare, and the Ultra Recon Squad.... and now, Team Rocket.

Oh, and not of that BW/XY bs where Ash doesn't use reserves in the League. It'd be like DP's League

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Immense strong and cruel rival who already beat the league multiple times but failed against the E4 members in a close match. 6vs6 league final against him with Ash's top six pokemon. An E4 member giving him advices or even training him while Ash fails against him after he won the league. Most competent Ash with his strongest regional team ever and beating some high level persons in his last onscreen journey.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Give us a clear-as-day definition of a master first and then run with it. We should not be 20+ years into an adventure/action/comedy series and still not have a crystal clear definition as to what this collection of lines and color is chasing.

Navin

MALDREAD
He doesn't have to become a Pokemon Master necessarily. He can finally just win a league (using all his reserves), maybe have him use his best team against an E4 or Champion and lose 3/4-6 or something, and have a grand party at Pallet with all the old and new characters, where he sees Ho-Oh one more time and vows to keep winning more leagues and eventually becoming a Master.

Cue time skip with new protagonist, and an older Ash (who's either a FB/E4/Champion/on-par trainer) as a recurring character.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
He doesn't have to become a Pokemon Master necessarily. He can finally just win a league (using all his reserves), maybe have him use his best team against an E4 or Champion and lose 3/4-6 or something, and have a grand party at Pallet with all the old and new characters, where he sees Ho-Oh one more time and vows to keep winning more leagues and eventually becoming a Master.

Cue time skip with new protagonist, and an older Ash (who's either a FB/E4/Champion/on-par trainer) as a recurring character.

Pretty much this, and I'd also like for him to reflect on his past experiences throughout this series and have all his friends tuning in for the league (basically really strong continuity)

Genaller

Silver Soul

Pretty much this though by that point I think his “best” team should be good enough (if GPICSS isn’t already) to at least get an E4 and maybe even a Champion’s team down to the last Pokémon.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I think the series would have to be aware that its the end of Ash's story. That way they could be a lot more daring and there would be pressure to tell a great story. Kinda like the final season of Samurai Jack. Ash would need a new rival to challenge him in a way that highlights his special qualities and flaws. In the same way that Red and Green from Pokemon Adventures learned from their rivalry. That would make him someone truly worthy of being a champion. I don't mind whether Ash becomes "pokemon master", wins a league or achieves some other final goal. What's important is that Ash is a competitor who needs to work to improve himself before he gets some kind of final result.

It would be nice if a lot of the older characters from could show up once or twice in more fun and lighthearted episodes so we can actually see where they end up. Maybe a couple of two or three parters dedicated to closing the book on the major companions and rivals. And briefer appearances for more minor rivals in the league or other competitions.

As for the villain team. Team Rocket could be the ones, or the TRio could ally themselves with a new team. Only now the evil group's villainy and lack of concern for their own pokemon becomes too much for the TRio so they decide to give up on crime. After all they suck at stealing and are amazing almost every time they try to run a legitimate business.

I'm actually planning a fic focusing on Ash in a final series:
Professor Oak is officially retiring from fieldwork because of a heart condition. Because he can't see himself as a top-level trainer anymore, Oak gets permission from the Pokemon League to hold a tournament to pass on his old title as Pokemon Master. Ash, naturally wants to compete. But after Ash learns that Oak is sick, he realises that it has been unfair of him to rely on Oak to take care of most of Ash's pokemon for him. Ash needs to take responsibility for his own pokemon, but he also wants to pursue his dreams of travel and adventure.

The tournament has one of the grandest prizes imaginable. Oak was a legendary trainer in his youth and everyone wants that title shot. So the tournament is on an unprecedented scale, flooding Oak's land with competitors from all over the world. One of the favourites to win is Ash's own father. Ash wants to make his father proud but deep down he also wants to confront his father for abandoning him and his mother to travel the world. So Ash is especially driven in a rivalry against his father.

Azerolf

I agree with much of what Aduro said, but maybe not the "end of Ash's story part". There will definitely be a finality to it, but it doesn't necessarily need to be the end. If the Sun and Moon anime tells us anything, it's that despite the fans' initial knee-jerk to the slice-of-life setting, the anime prospered anyway, and I could see a future where Ash spends his life battling less, like he does in Alola now.

Personally, I could picture the season to be something very similar to XY, which contained the important milestone of Ash being a League runner-up. There was a lot of writing future writers could learn from in both DP and XY if they ever want to make a "Pokemon Master Season". Most of these writing involve Ash going through very personal stuff, being unable to control Greninja's new form and ending up in depression, having his values called out upon by a rival.

My season would tackle such personal issues, but in a more serious fashion than just a loss in a battle, or even the inability to control his Pokemon. What could be something that defines Ash's idealism that we could put to the test through conflict? Something that might very well question his identity as a trainer who loves all Pokemon equally? We would need another Paul/Shinji again, but I want someone who's the polar opposite of Ash this time, not just some misunderstood bad boy. I want Giovanni to be the central focus this time as the antagonist. It would not only give Team Rocket an important stake in walking a thin line between good and evil (forcing them to choose a side should Giovanni make them perform nasty stuff, like hurting Pokemon), but it would also reflect Ash's principles as a trainer. You could always see it in sequels that have a finality to them, an ending to a character arc. The protagonist would have some dramatic circumstance that question who they are, only to affirm that their values are the same as the hero we've known and love by the end.

I think such personal stakes should apply to Pikachu as well. Have an episode or two where Pikachu reflects on his relationship with Ash, what he means to him as a trainer. Not only could we explore the relationship between Pokemon and trainer that way, we could finally have Pikachu have some decent character development, and not just as a superficial mascot. Do one of those Pokemon-talking episodes like back in the first season so we could hear his inner thoughts, or if the writers are brilliant enough, convey his feelings with only his body movement. Maybe mix in some of Ash's old Pokemon too for this special arc. I could picture Ash's old Pokemon being asked to betray him because of something questionable Ash did (this could tie into the aforementioned Ash's personal conflict), and they then begin to ponder whether to stay with him.

Sprinter1988

The question is, how do you define becoming a pokemon master? Is it just winning one league and then defeating the elite four and champion to become champion of that league yourself? Because if that's the case, then I want something like the Sinnoh series, where Ash's pokemon are all reasonably well trained with mostly varied move-pools and reserves are called on when required at the league rather than relying solely on the team he gained during that one region.

Personally, I feel like becoming a pokemon master is a lot more than just winning a league - its training a large number of pokemon (like way more than Ash currently has) with multiple representatives of each type (yes, that includes ghost, steel, psychic and fairy!), mastering mega evolution (he doesn't have to mega evolve all his pokemon capable of doing so, just some of them) winning a large number of league tournaments and defeating multiple champions, to name just a few possibly requirements.