• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How you feel after a Holiday is over

srebak

Beginning Trainer
Simply put this is a place to talk to each other about how they feel following the way any holiday, anniversary or event went down for you. You know like; how Halloween went down, how Thanksgiving dinner played out, how things at a Christmas party went, that kind of thing.

For me, I just have to get this out and have some feedback on it

It’s about Thanksgiving this year, to set the stage; my mother, her parents and my nieces and I all went straight to the home of one of my uncles to spend the holiday, and despite some minor setbacks here and there, I was still able to complete my very own personal tradition for this holiday (the same goes for pretty much every holiday, to be honest) of watching a personalized tv show/movie marathon of things that have, to me, become synonymous with Thanksgiving. In fact I was actually able to complete doing the latter task long before the actual feasting began, thus making the amount of times that I watched this personalized marathon of mine about three in total. And as far as the actual get together went, it was alright to be perfectly honest. I saw quite few family members that I was happy to see, I ate a sufficient amount of the annual feast, even taking some of it home with me and sent/received text messages to/from the family members that weren’t actually present for one reason or another.

But, the thing of it is there are still a few things that leave me feeling , if you know what I mean. I mean, I was able to get myself ready in time to go, but I forgot to record the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I was actually able to finish my personalized Thanksgiving media marathon before eating, as I had originally planned and hoped for, but I was still left feeling afterwards. I was able to enjoy my time at the get together, but it felt like it was over and done with a bit too soon. My mother, grandparents, nieces and I left at around 10:30 am and arrived at about 11:40-ish am, when we thought that the event was going to get started at noon. The actual eating didn’t really get started until about 3:30 something pm, and then we left around 4pm, not that long after quite bit of the family started to get there. It just felt a little bit quick, i mean in recent days, my mother and i would have the feast at her house (whether or not any of my siblings actually came over was anyone’s guess ever since my mother decided that she wasn’t going to host family get togethers on Thanksgiving anymore) and we would eat and run out the clock, with my mother allowing me to stay for while before I went home, since I don’t really like going back home too soon on holidays because, afterwards; I’m left with very little do. But right after we came back, I went right to my house and the amount of food that I brought back home seems like only a day’s dinner at best.

The time that was spent at the get together before the feasting actually began wasn’t bad, but I did still have to deal with the fact that the family was watching movies that I wasn’t really interested in and even if I was interested in certain aspects of them, I really don’t like having a movie pique my interests only because I was in the room when it was on and wasn’t able to ignore it or block it out. I would prefer to watch certain movies on my own terms not by accident or coincidence. Then there was when I found out that my sister (my nieces’ mother) wasn’t coming to the get together, and that my brother and his family weren’t coming either. I mean this isn’t the first time that they couldn’t make it to the same celebration as me, and I can understand why; maybe they live too far away, maybe they have to work, maybe they just have plans of their own, I get that. In fact, I wasn’t even all that certain that they were coming this year anyways, although I would’ve still appreciated seeing them again anyways. I guess that I have just gotten so used to the days when at least one of my siblings and their families would come over for a special event that it’s still hard not to expect to see them to a certain degree.

Anyways, on the way out, after saying our goodbyes, i took the moment to tell my uncle that I found his dog to be far more well-behaved than mine, who tends to jump up on me and tries to knock me down. Now, at the time he jokingly pointed out that during this little holiday get together, the dog became just a tiny bit mad at him. But when I repeated the subject to my mother, she said that this was because my uncle’s dog actually listens to him and that my dog doesn’t really listen to me (not necessarily in those words but, that was what I got out of it at least), she also reiterated a past point about my dog’s relationship with me; that I don’t really spend a lot of time with him. Now, I can’t really dispute this, in fact, I often tell myself to remedy this by going outside to play with him. But, if it’s not because of it being too late and too dark outside for me to do so when I have a chance to do so, it’s because I don’t want to encourage him, after one of his days of jumping on me and trying to knock me down as if were some kind of game. He’s essentially trying to assert his dominance over me and I don’t want to reward him for that.

And then, during the drive back home, the subject of the encroaching holiday season was brought up and after I got involved in this conversation, which no one seemed to be bothered by, my mother eventually got around to saying that I tend to gradually get the Christmas decorations up. Which is true, I cannot deny, but then she went on to say that I usually don’t truly finish until around the tenth of December and that she had to give me ornaments for my tree when I had none, even though i am pretty sure that I usually finish getting things up by a little earlier than the tenth of December and that she was referring to the Christmas season of last year, where she might have given me some new ornaments, but I still had some of my own. I just felt a little bit offensive that she didn’t believe me. Truth is, I really don’t like being made to think this much about certain things and when I do, it usually causes my imagination to run wild.

All in all, it wasn’t a bad holiday, it just felt like it left something to be desired

Anyone have any thoughts?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
When I was a kid I was so sad when a holiday was over.. And when the weekend ended....

RandomCharizard

Well I don't celebrate Thanksgiving anyways so I didn't have any family over for that holiday and it was a normal day for me. I probably won't celebrate Xmas either. I did celebrate Halloween by going to a party but that barely felt like a holiday since I still had to work lol.

When I was growing up, way too many things started to feel like lighter versions of what I lived as a kid, usually because my expectations were kind of high. Recently, I noticed that how I perceive the moments I live depends a lot on how I am feeling, or to to be more specific, how I want to feel. Maybe I'm not having a good time, but I don't want to stay like that for long, so I try my best to turn the situations for the better, or I can ruin myself a rather nice time with my family or friends.

So to put it short, I usually try to get the most with the unavoidable changes of life, even if it is not what I had in mind in the beginning, which almost never is.