• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How'd you first discover/get introduced to Pokemon?

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I saw Pokémon on TV in about 1998. Got hooked, and got the game Silver Version two Christmases later. :)

Aztec_Blaziken

Back to WiFi Battles
Watched it in 1999 because my older cousins were hooked to it. Fast forwarding years later and got Firered and emerald.

My cousin introduced me to Pokemon cards and the anime. Then when I got my first game counsol, the Wii, I got Pokemon XD and Colosseum. Once again, my cousin recommended them.

MissingNoHunter

Cannon Time.
Saw the show around 2000, got a Pika N64, Silver, Stadium, and Red,

DooblyDooHaxorus

Sometimes On.....
My big sister got me a Gameboy Advanced SP for my 5th Bday, and got me three games with it.

1: Super Mario Bros. Advanced 3
2: Donkey Kong Country
3: Pokemon Ruby.

Fastforward to now, and i'm obsessed xD

I was about four when I was introduced. My neighbor played it. I'm not sure if that is how I got into it. But I went to toys r us to getca game for an original gameboy and I picked silver because I thought lugia looked cool.

Kalosian

So long
The TCG was extremely popular at my school when I was a kid. I did not like it at first, but it did somehow grow on me, and I got hooked after obtaining a Blastoise (which was said to be the very rarest card at the time). After that, I started watching the anime and liked it even more. Even later, I started with the games.

Well I watched pokemon when I was about 3 or 4 and I really wasn't to attracted to the gameboy games because back then when beyblade was still cool and realistic I stuck with it and my older brother did too and tamiyas were also my thing.So for about three years I only watched the shows until platinum came out and I was like oh crap this is gonna be awesome!!!so I got it when it just came out and I got addicted I was battling at school and going to tourneys then heartgold came then I was wowowowowowow nintendo is powerhousing in the games.I actually never finished heartgold because I wasn't to intrested for it being a remake.but when black and white I actually wanted to camp outside gamestop cuz I was so exited..we'll tht was my story post urs

I love recounting this: I first saw the commercials on TV, and especially thought the one with the bus was hilarious. I mean, the bus gets crushed and turned into a Game Boy!

In any case, after that me and my brother saw the TV show, and started watching it. Christmas of 1998, we got Blue Version. And I've loved Pokémon ever since.

Black Frost

aka. SHAOTANZHITEN
My sister, who was obsessed with stuff from Japan back then, told me about Pokémon a few weeks before the release and I was instantly hooked. Shortly after, a report about Pokémon including a picture of me wearing a Pikachu costume was printed in our local newspaper, which was pretty hilarious. I even still have that article somewhere :D

Hamburger

raging Breeder
From the tv series.

MasterLucario

No life till leather
1997. When everyone in school had and traded pokemon cards. My sister was a big collector for a while and I followed.

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
When I was 7, my uncle showed me some of his Pokemon Silver. I instantly became hooked, and he let me borrow his Pokemon Blue Version for a little while.

Once I was done with it, I really wanted a new Pokemon Game. I saw Pokemon Emerald when I was in Wal-Mart, and bought it ;).

Today, I own more Pokemon games than any other kinds.