• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Reliable tried-and-true movesets or unique, original ones?

• Give me what works!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Give me what's weird!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

balco

Hi there!

I'm balco, and I'm looking to get further into my love of Pokemon's complexity.

I'm well-versed in terminologies and metagames and I have amassed quite a few legitimate competitive Pokemon in order to build a complete competitive dex.

At the moment, I'm specializing in underused/niche/just-plain-weird movesets, and I'm hunting for properly natured pseudo legendaries in the Ultra Space Wormhole (Legendary Birds, Legendary Dogs, Lake Guardians, etc.). Lots of soft-resetting. Sympathy appreciated.

I'm frequently playing random battles on Pokemon Showdown so I can see as many movesets in action as possible. Plus, battling is just plain fun! (Just channeled my inner Hau, right there) I've been using Serebii as an integral resource for so long and with the new forum changes I decided to just go for it. I hope we can battle, trade, come up with interesting strategies, and be friends!

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

balco

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
yo what up balco how it be whats really good

balco

yo what up balco how it be whats really good
yo! thanks for the warm welcome! As for what's good, I just caught a Calm Uxie on my first try (even though I had Relaxed Synchronize Abra in the front of my party (dat 50/50 chance tho)) can I get your opinion on a moveset?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Sp.Def Defensive Pivot, I spose. 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe, dont really use Uxie much thought buuuut just give it annoying status moves U-Turn, and Knock Off / Psyshock and ur good. Speed outspeeds base 55' but not too speedy cause u wanna slow U-Turn out!

balco

I was definitely thinking about Knock Off since Uxie seems to be pure utility, and its role as Sp. Def/utility pivot seems pretty clear cut.

What are your thoughts on a Yawn/Dream Eater/Protect/ Knock Off set? I was thinking Yawn 1st turn, Protect if they have no reason to switch out, Knock Off to catch the incoming Pokemon if they do, and then Dream Eater to aid recovery while dealing a nice little chunk of damage? Either Twisted Spoon (for DE) or Lum Berry (temporary remedy for Toxic) as an item. 252 Sp. Atk/252 Sp. Def/4 Spd.

I also see Uxie gets Heal Bell which could be a huge help for any team. In which case, I'd probably get rid of Protect.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
A little too experimental. Sleep+Dream Eater strats were already pretty suspect, but now you're hoping for them to stay in to sleep, and then stay in again to eat a Dream Eater. If you're going offensive, why dont you just try Calm Mind Chesto Resto or something?

balco

A little too experimental. Sleep+Dream Eater strats were already pretty suspect, but now you're hoping for them to stay in to sleep, and then stay in again to eat a Dream Eater. If you're going offensive, why dont you just try Calm Mind Chesto Resto or something?
Yeah you're right, do you think there is any pokemon ever that can use dream eater effectively?? (barring darkrai of course)