• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Howling Sands (A BT RMT)

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
Cragly-Ho my good friends, I've been gone for quite some time due to many an unfortunate amount of accidents (my laptop is more ancient than my fossils *laugh*) And even though I'm not up to complete snuff with it all, I've decided to be a bad boy and post on the college's computers

That being said, I've been having time to find, raise, and train new pokemon, all set out to fighting the Battle Tower.

Some might remember this team, as I posted this several months ago. It hasn't changed much, but it's a team that I'm proud to say might be a terrific one.

Now, onto greatness!

tyranitar.png

Adamant Nature
Sand Stream w/Muscle Band

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch
Dragon Dance

76 HP/252 Atk/180 Spd

Standard DDTar here, but let's face it, this beast is a staple to the whole team. Sand Stream starts things off with a constant Sandstorm, making sure that the enemy is always being giving a side-helping of whoopin'. I went with the classic Rock/Ground sweep with a STAB Crunch for good measure.

empoleon.png

Modest Nature
Torrent w/ Wise Glasses

Agility
Ice Beam
Surf
Grass Knot

94 HP / 252 SpAtk / 164 Spe

An AgilityPeon that Blue reccomended in trying, and with good taste in pokemon too. A nice Special Tank to help take out some of the more annoying counters that could pass my way. Replaced Wise Glasses from Life Orb because, well I don't have one.

gliscor.png

Jolly Nature
Sand Veil w/Leftovers

Swords Dance
Aerial Ace
Earthquake/U-Turn
Fire Fang

252 HP/40 Atk/216 Spd

And thus leaves off the last pokemon in my party. To me, Gliscor really shines compared to many other pokemon that resist Sandstorm due to his brilliant speed, decent Defense bulk, higher evasion due to Sand Veil, and the fact that he can help take care of the bigger counters that my team has at the moment; Fighting and Ground. Swords Dance helps boost up Attack to amazing levels before it hammers the foes with Fire Fang and Aerial Ace. I'm having a bit of trouble with choosing EQ or U-turn, as EQ has amazing STAB plus get a nice power boost from SD, but U-Turn is still helpful taking out Dark types, and can help Gliscor out when he knows that he's not right for the job and can easily switch TTar or Empoleon in.

Hopefully my team building skills haven't rusted yet *laughs*

Enjoy, and until next time (hopefully with a brand NEW laptop)
Cragly-Ho!

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
What about if the opponent changes the weather?

I'm not sure how often weather changing moves show up in the BT though, but just in case, I'd put Sandstorm on one of them.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Dan, Tyranitar can just swap back in if that happens.

Sub over Grass Knot on Empoleon, you'll need the status protection.

Sub over EQ on Tyranitar as well, otherwise you'll get stupid things happening while you set up.

Gliscor should use EQ in that slot, U-Turn just negates your boosts. Consider Sub over Fire Fang in order to, you guessed it, protect from hax.

This team really would appreciate TrickScarf, but you'd have to lead with something else and use Tyranitar as a setup sweeper. The set I gave you will work alright for that.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Claydol would make a nice lead here:

344_30_0.png

Claydol @ Choice Scarf
Bold Nature
252 HP/130 SpD/128 Def
*Levitate*
~ Trick
~ Flash
~ Sandstorm
~ Safeguard/Stealth Rock

The EV's maximize defenses, with a bias towards SpD
so that the Porygons get an Atk boost from Download.
Flash eases set-up, Sandstorm is obvious and Safeguard
helps you not to get statused on the switch. SR is there
too, in case you're worried about sashed PKMN. Claydol
resists fighting, which helps with TTar.

TTar should look like this, as Ungulate suggested, but with
different EV's:

248_30_1.png

Tyranitar @ Lefteovers
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
*Sand Stream*
~ Substitute
~ Rock Slide
~ Dragon Dance
~ Crunch/Earthquake

Rock Slide is better here, for accuracy and flinchHax. Sub is
for reasons stated by Ungulate and the last move is your
choice. Crunch is a great STAB attack, but EQ is there to
hit Heatran and Magnezone harder.

Agility SubPetaya Empoleon would work here since he has
no other means of setting up. I'll just tweak your set:

395_30_0.png

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Modest Nature
252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
*Torrent*
~ Surf
~ Agility
~ Substitute
~ Ice Beam/Grass Knot

I'm sure the EV's can be more specialized, but I don't have
time to sort it out ATM. Everything else is self-explanatory.
The last move is a bit situational. Ice Beam gets great
coverage, but will leave you walled by Water Absorb Lapras,
which can just Sheer Cold you to death, so Grass Knot can
go in the last slot if you're worried about that.

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
@ ungulate

I haven't thought about the idea with Subs, that totally spaced my mind.

@GrumpySnorlax

I was heavily considering Claydol too, as well as Flygon for back ups to the team. Claydol is a nice Defensive pokemon with decent moves too. I wouldn't mind replacing EQ for Crunch and making a Sub-Dance TTar either....

The biggest problems for me in concern for both the replacement of Gliscor and the adding of Sub to Empoleon are that:

1) There aren't many good counters for both Fighting AND Ground that can't hit an Ice-type back (Claydol is a good replacement for this though...)

2) I fear mostly for the "Bulky Waters", Mostly the ones with Water/Ground Subtyping like Quagsire and Gastrodon.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Well, like you said, Claydol makes sure that you wont have
to deal with many fighting/ground attacks.

As for the bulky waters, just run Grass Knot in the last slot
over Ice Beam. This also makes sure you don't get walled
to hell by Water Absorb Lapras.

Edit: Holy crap, can't believe I missed this, you have a
ridiculous grass weakness. I'll contemplate some things
and get back to you on this.

Last edited: