• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hows everyone doing during Corona?

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
I might be out of a job as a result of this pandemic. I'll find out around May 15th. I don't want my current workplace to close. But I heard rumors about it. I hope they are false.

Missingno.Fan

Physically, I’m fine. Mentally, I feel dead inside. I can’t go to work (thankfully I’m still getting paid), I can’t do any of the things I would normally do on a day off (such as going to the mall or eating out), and there feels like there is nothing to be excited for. I’m really sick and tired of being around my parents all day.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m still sane. So that’s something.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
It's a mixed bag on my end.

While I've had little trouble keeping myself busy, I have become a bit more restless and agitated without having any way to interact with anyone outside the family face-to-face, or actually go to town and do something. While I was never the most social/outgoing person to begin with, I'm still feeling the effects of the quarantine. Really made me realize that I took all those grocery trips to the store with close family in the past for granted, as it was still a way to get out of the house and have something to do.

However, my physical health has gotten better; as a result of not being able to eat out or drink alcohol as much (if at all) due to the stay-at-home measures, I lost about 10 pounds (Which, despite never being obese or anything, I was a few pounds overweight) and my immune system seems to have been working better as of late. How could I tell? The numerous warts on my hands that have been there since about middle school have been slowly going away.

I guess the one thing I still need to do is stop worrying myself out over how long this might last, and take it day-by-day.

KingstonUponHulbury

Had confirmation this afternoon that I'll be working from home until 7 September. That's not heartbreaking - I'm quite enjoying it at the moment and I'm saving on the commute - but I should probably invest a little more in my working space, there's no doubt some tips and kit I'm missing.

Alphaeon

Physically my family and I have been fine, so I’m very thankful for that. But it’s definitely been taxing mentally...I was forced to go on furlough from my job, so I’m off for at least two months. That’s partially why I joined in here, to have a little something extra to do.

Thanks to the extra unemployment in the US, I’ll be getting paid as much as I normally do...but the sitting around with nothing to do makes me feel really down. Work is really the only thing I have. Plus I worry about whether or not the job will still be there by the end of all this.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Like many people I need a haircut since I'm overdue for one. Last professional one I had was back in February before all this started.

So tonight I tried giving myself a caesar cut. Shaved the hair on my sides, trimmed the top, and blended the rest. I feel it worked out but hey it'll grow out.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I’ve basically accepted that this is never gonna end. i canceled anything I had planned for the year; what’s the point when every th i has closed?

Sketchie

literally some guy
Really, really poorly. I'm so tired, all of the time. I completely failed 4 out of my 5 classes because I just mentally cannot do online classes. Things feel so lifeless, drawing sucks, writing sucks, even video games are losing their sparkle. I have commissions and requests hanging over my head, but I can't do them. I'm lonely, but I've been terrible at texting and checking in with my friends because I feel like everything coming out of my brain feels scripted and like... off. I either sleep too much or I can't sleep. I'm just... so tired. I'm kind of a husk at the moment.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I haven’t lost my mind and start making friends out of lint, nail clippings, and garbage yet so that good.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm now more terrified because I feel they're opening up America way too soon, but going to work definitely helps. I work at a school, which has been practically closed since March, so it's currently one of the safest places for me to work right now. As much as my job sucks, getting out of the house and interacting with people is really helping me to relax more and not be too wrapped up in my own head. It also gives me a sense of order and normalcy again, so I'm starting to feel more motivated with my personal projects.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Burnt out, above all things. I do like how roads and interstates have been empty. Lot of racing going down; I’m not complaining.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Still doing ok. Miss going to the museum and out to the movies occasionally though. Been trying to keep busy with housework, reading, watching TV and playing video games.

KingstonUponHulbury

Work's still interesting. I work for a fairly small bank, and one thing the crisis has uncovered is that we don't really have the team of crack economists I'd always assumed we've had. The net result is that Joe Schmuck generalist political researcher here is doing reams of economic number-crunching for the business, and it's honestly very gratifying.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Nothing really changed except my sleep schedule. Prior to the Great Plague of 2020 I was working exclusively night shifts, but now my work gutted the night shift entirely and I had to pick up hours during the day as well. I still stay inside playing video games for most of my free time, I still don't like being within 20 feet of another person, and I still have absolutely zero faith in humanity; corona has reinforced this if anything. I guess at least now I have an excuse to interact with other people as little as possible, not that I really needed one to begin with.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Last day of quarantine in Michigan. I made it out just fine, had my job the whole way through.

But over 2 months of that s*** was horrendous, and it nearly got people killed by the angry trailer trash people who've been out of work for just over 2 months.

Not a liberal, and totally understood and agreed with the arguments against extended quarantines, but even I could to tell what they did during gridlock was stupid and they should have stayed their asses at home and we could have been over this s*** a month ago.

Last edited: