• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hows everyone doing during Corona?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Stressed and feeling cooped in, but I think I'm getting used to it. My step-mom needs me to help her teach the foster girls because the schools are closed

TwilightBlade

I'm not under quarantine per say, but I haven't been able to go out like I normally would. Also I live with my extended family and while I normally love spending time with them, we're currently taking care of my older relatives and it's been hell on earth. We keep arguing with each other over little things because we're not used to being in the same house for this long and I just want this pandemic to be over already so that my anxiety can drop. :[

for now I been doing OK
lucky enough to not catch it, even luckier that I have the type 2 Diabetes, so catching the virus would have been low chances of survival for me

at times do get worried when I go out being exposed to everything
especially where I work, at a grocery store, stocking up the shelves
where work has tripled in size due all the people hoarding
I gets to be working 8 or more hours every shift

do hope virus starts going away, for now will continue to do my work and try to avoid getting the virus
on my non working days, I spend it either RPing with friends or doing drawings, or YouTube

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Yesterday it was announced that the UK's lockdown will continue with no relaxing of restrictions for at least another three weeks. At the time I interpreted this announcement as three more weeks of the same and then they would loosen some restrictions, and for about a day I was confident that deaths and new cases would start going down because they've been staying at a consistent rate for a while, but now I'm not so sure. News of other countries in Europe taking the first steps toward re-opening their economies has given me some hope, but no one I speak to seems to feel the same.
I'm still feeling really lonely, stressed and emotionally drained. My mood has got so bad that the other day I spent half an hour on the phone to Samaritans (a charity that offers advice and support to those who are struggling with life), and I opened up to a complete stranger over the phone about my problems with anxiety, depression and self-harm that this situation is amplifying.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I've rewatching Avatar the Last Airbender ... again. I'm practicing reading my traditional Chinese and that show does a surprisingly accurate job at the Chinese.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I'm sane, though Big Business and the US Government is out to kill me and others by taking our blood to thicken their watery remnanants of such, and threatening to make us go back to work to re-overinflate their coffers at the unnecessary cost of the lives of the poor and immuno-compromised because they are shitty at their supposed jobs.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think I’m starting to lose it. I’m cooped in the house because it’s too cold to even go out in my back yard, I have all the time in the world to work on projects but I’ve been struggling to find the motivation to do anything, I can’t fall asleep until 2-4 am anymore so I’m tired & groggily for most of the next day, I’m starting to feel empty inside because all the days are blending together & I’ve been going through the same problems day in & day out, & I’m hating myself for feeling this way since I know there are people far worse off than me (which makes me feel even worse).

The Pokémon anime and the DLC were two of the only things I had left to look forward to & keep me optimistic, but the former is now postponed because of the virus & I’m fairly certain the latter will be delayed for the same reason. Now I’m starting to worry that all the new shows I watch that aren’t on hiatus will be postponed too. I don’t want people to push themselves or risk their lives for something I know is really trivial & stupid, but they’re the only feelings of control & normal life I have left.

At this point, I’m starting to worry that nothing’s ever going to go back to normal and we’re going to live like this forever.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The Pokémon anime and the DLC were two of the only things I had left to look forward to & keep me optimistic, but the former is now postponed because of the virus & I’m fairly certain the latter will be delayed for the same reason. Now I’m starting to worry that all the news shows I watch that aren’t on hiatus will be postponed too. I don’t want people to push themselves or risk their lives for something I know is really trivial & stupid, but they’re the only feelings of control & normal life I have left.

At this point, I’m starting to worry that nothing’s ever going to go back to normal and we’re going to live like this forever.
There are times where I feel the same way, not necessarily that it'll last forever, but that it'll continue as it is right now long enough to push me over the edge and send me relapsing into self-harm again. The next days off work I have booked are for the middle of August (I cancelled ones I had in May because there's no point having them while things are as they are now), and the main thing keeping me going at this point is the hope that those days off can still go forward and I can actually do stuff during that time.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
There are times where I feel the same way, not necessarily that it'll last forever, but that it'll continue as it is right now long enough to push me over the edge and send me relapsing into self-harm again. The next days off work I have booked are for the middle of August (I cancelled ones I had in May because there's no point having them while things are as they are now), and the main thing keeping me going at this point is the hope that those days off can still go forward and I can actually do stuff during that time.

ob yes it will be forever. The reaction to this virus has set a precedent for everything to shut down every time a virus breaks out in the future. Even if covid does pass at some point, another virus will eventually pop up and when it does prepare for an Orwellian nightmare. I’m not trying to be scary I’m just trying to be real.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Wait, you mean we’ll be social distancing for the rest of our lives and we won’t have anything like sports, events, concerts, or shows ever again?
This is just my opinion but I see this every time a new virus appears from now on. It may not be constant, but say Coronavirus passes and then 2-3 years later some other virus appears; the 2-3 years in between would be alright but whenever the next virus breaks out regardless of whether it’s just a variation of the flu or bubonic plague level of danger it’ll be back to shutdown for us which is stupid cause humans are supposedly social creatures meaning extended isolation can be bad for ones mental health (I mean it’s been a month with corona and already some people have reached their limits).

I mean this isn’t the first time a virus broke out and it’s not gonna be the last. Yet in the past we didn’t have things like businesses being closed and forcing people to stay home. But now the precedent is there when the next virus hits which is imo much scarier then the virus itself.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This is just my opinion but I see this every time a new virus appears from now on. It may not be constant, but say Coronavirus passes and then 2-3 years later some other virus appears; the 2-3 years in between would be alright but whenever the next virus breaks out regardless of whether it’s just a variation of the flu or bubonic plague level of danger it’ll be back to shutdown for us which is stupid cause humans are supposedly social creatures meaning extended isolation can be bad for ones mental health (I mean it’s been a month with corona and already some people have reached their limits).

I mean this isn’t the first time a virus broke out and it’s not gonna be the last. Yet in the past we didn’t have things like businesses being closed and forcing people to stay home. But now the precedent is there when the next virus hits which is imo much scarier then the virus itself.
Right now I'm more-so worried that this is the new norm and we're going to be living with social distancing 24/7 for the rest of our lives & that things are never going to change or get better

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mr.Munchlax said:
Right now I'm more-so worried that this is the new norm and we're going to be living with social distancing 24/7 for the rest of our lives & that things are never going to change or get better

To be frank, I've been worrying about this too. I don't mind taking precautions to avoid getting infected by COVID-19, but part of me feels like this is going to be a recurring problem with future diseases in the future, and if I didn't know any better, I'd say that this is like a rehearsal for future pandemic procedures. I hope I'm wrong, however.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
To be frank, I've been worrying about this too. I don't mind taking precautions to avoid getting infected by COVID-19, but part of me feels like this is going to be a recurring problem with future diseases in the future, and if I didn't know any better, I'd say that this is like a rehearsal for future pandemic procedures. I hope I'm wrong, however.
Same here. And if things are as bad as they have been state side, I'm dreading for the future.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
The fact remains that would you rather risk your life (and others) by willingly disobeying the social distancing rule and being outside for no reason or staying healthy and in your house until things go over. The whole entire reason why this hasn’t slowed down is because people don’t know how to stay home (of course excluding non essential workers). You can’t complain about a disease outbreak, don’t follow proper rules to decrease said disease and then continue to complain.
Exactly. Those who have been doing so as of late have pissed me off, big time. Their own arrogance is putting other peoples lives at stake! They'll just make it so people have to stay at home longer.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'm geting really bored tbh. Now even my college classes are going to be online, and I can barely go outside a few meters away from home. I'll admit it's nice to see my whole family around, and my dog is pretty happy too

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And as far as humans needing social interactions; it really isn’t necessary albeit it can wreck mental health I’d say we are in a better situation than our ancestors since we have access to FaceTime, forums, group chats etc. Not to say that staying home can’t be boring but we access to a lot. It’s just reckless behavior at this point to just go outside for the sake of it.
Yep. We have more access then people who lived through the 1918 pandemic, like you mentioned. Agreed. Yet, even back then, people did dumb things. Read about an anti face mask group from 1918, from San Francisco, who ended up making things worse. The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Last edited:

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....

mThe fact that everything keeps tightening even as some areas have flattened the curve and some experts saying things will NEVER be the same leads me need to one of 2 conclusions.
1: the shutdown is indeed permanent and will remain even after the virus passes(even though the cost for shutting things forever would do way more damage than any virus could) or
2: that things will reopen when the virus passes but will be shutdown again with every new virus regardless of whether the virus threat is 1/10 or 10/10

I sincerely hope both these predictions are wrong but if u look deep into it (and there’s no reason u can’t since everyone’s mandated to stay at home) one of these scenarios is very much a possibility.