• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hows everyone doing during Corona?

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Still working thankfully (US stimulus package was laughable at best), my area is about to gradually reopen and I feel pretty excited, yet also apprehensive about it. Been pretty bored these passed several months, working and playing video games. I see my boyfriend here and there who has had it pretty rough due to the economic-related issues going on currently. Thankful that my friends and family are all healthy and safe.

OwensJB

Quarantine has been lifted where I live and I have another job now so things are looking up. I was worried for a while but I think things are improving at a quick pace. :)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My area is set to remove the mandatory mask wearing in stores on Friday. I went to Goodwill last week and the one way markers on the floor to tell customers which way to go to enforce social distancing is extremely confusing for me. I found what I wanted in the store rather quickly and could have been in and out in ten minutes but it took me 15 minutes just to figure out where I was expected to go to check out.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I've joined my fellow professors in whining at the college over social distancing measures that we'll take in the fall.

so far still surviving without the virus
face masks required while working at the grocery store
to be honest, almost three weeks of wearing the masks do agree with some fellow workers mentioned: they are annoying
no problems with the breathing, but do make my mustache, beard, and top of nose itch a lot, many angles they fog up my reading glasses very quickly

stores closing early, not to the virus, but for the curfews in Seattle caused by the protesters/looters
the "stay at home" order has been ignored for almost 4 days now, same with the 5 pm curfews
not sure what is worst

at least gotten so many good compliments while working
I'm staying out of all the protest problems... I'm still worried more on the covid virus, I also heard that its spreading to felines, I have 3 cats in my home, don't want to get them infected either - with me having type 2 diabetes, survival chances are still very low for me

Missingno.Fan

I am very under stimulated. This is different that being bored. I’m used to walking four or five miles a day and working with kids at my job and now I have none of that. Just sitting down with a coloring book doesn’t cut it for. I’ve tried walking through the neighborhood but that’s getting boring and the hills hurt my arthritis.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just saw a list of the places where JC Penney stores are closing and the one closest to me is safe for now which I’m happy about. I refuse to shop at Macy’s or even park in their part of the parking lot at my local mall after what they did to me.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
It’s annoying seeing so many changes at my job. I work at a bank, which is considered essential (though I don’t see how when no one has any money due to business shut down), and I’ve seen lots of plexiglass being put up in various areas (mainly security desks), having to get my temp scanned just to be allowed in and employees split into 2 groups with the groups being told which areas we go to for lunch/breaks, and even which bathrooms to use, not to mention they want us to limit ourselves to 2 people on elevators. I though going from red to yellow to green meant this stuff is supposed to be phased out yet every week at least one new BS rule gets added.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It’s annoying seeing so many changes at my job. I work at a bank, which is considered essential (though I don’t see how when no one has any money due to business shut down), and I’ve seen lots of plexiglass being put up in various areas (mainly security desks), having to get my temp scanned just to be allowed in and employees split into 2 groups with the groups being told which areas we go to for lunch/breaks, and even which bathrooms to use, not to mention they want us to limit ourselves to 2 people on elevators. I though going from red to yellow to green meant this stuff is supposed to be phased out yet every week at least one new BS rule gets added.
At my job, we need to have our temperatures taken before we enter and again before we leave. I get taking a temp before entering the building but no one at work can understand the reasoning as to why we are required to take it before leaving work. I mean if you have a temperature over 100, you’d know it and be leaving work anyway.

Edit- I also cannot wait until I can wear contacts again. It’s not that I hate wearing glasses per say but the pair that has my most current prescription are all plastic with no nose pads so they slide down and fall off if I lean forward too much. Wearing them with a mask makes it even worse as they slide down all the time even when I’m sitting. Factor in the fact that my job requires me to bend forward and look down and it’s an issue.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
Things are supposed to be opening up tomorrow and over the next two weeks in NYC, but I'm afraid these protests will cause a second wave here, so I will be sticking with living with my mother for a while longer since I don't want her going out to risk her own health. While I do miss my own place, I can choose to work from home and have things done for me, so I don't mind sticking out here for a few more months or something.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Things are supposed to be opening up tomorrow and over the next two weeks in NYC, but I'm afraid these protests will cause a second wave here, so I will be sticking with living with my mother for a while longer since I don't want her going out to risk her own health. While I do miss my own place, I can choose to work from home and have things done for me, so I don't mind sticking out here for a few more months or something.

My mom recently went back to work (she works as a wedding caterer) after being off since mid March but has to wear a mask and events are limited to the weekends and only so many people.

they say everything’s opening up and want people to think it’s almost over but I’ll believe it when wearing a mask in public becomes optional rather than mandatory, which imo depending on certain factors (none of which relating to the virus itself ironically) it could be a couple more months or it could be never. And being a pessimist in leaning closer to never. :(

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
My state in Australia, New South Wales, has been improving over the past month. We were once the COVID-19 epicentre in Australia, having the highest case count in the country and accounting for half of the death toll. Gyms here recently reopened last weekend and the cinemas will be the next to follow when July hits. Public transport here has recently installed green stickers to mark where passengers can sit or stand, but I tend to see them being ignored by most commuters.

Our infection rate has also dropped significantly this month with mostly only returned overseas travellers among new cases. There was some community transmission last week, breaking a two-week streak without locally acquired infections, but it's been only minor at best. Australia as a whole has been doing a lot better than most countries, so you have to definitely be proud of that.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
My job Has me respond to dumb text messages Asking if I’m having any COVID symptoms, even though I’m currently on vacation from work, like what’s the point? Even if I did have COVID I still gotta work to make a living so I’ll just say no regardless and work through the symptoms as best I can.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
After my state was one of the hardest hit, we are now in one of the best positions.

However, things are now gone wild in the Southern and Western US. And today, the US has recorded the most cases in a single day at almost 40,000.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I live in a state which saw a disturbing spike in cases, even in our own county.

Yet people are treating the virus as if we're done with it. School systems are going to open up in the fall without a hitch with only teachers in PPE and not students. That's not how viruses work.

Even at my workplace, we're going to have 1000s of college students running around. At best, the dorm rooms are going to be petri dishes. The classrooms and lecture halls even worse.

We're even seeing the "masks violate my rights" nonsense from people already.

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
I live in the midwest, and I live near where George Floyd died. We had a curfew, and it was awful. Gas stations exploded. :/ There still are food shortages where I am.

I'm from Belgium near the coast and work in a hospital as a nurse. Stuff is normalizing now, aside from the new protocols.
The beginning was weird at work. The ER barely got any new patients cause most people were avoiding the hospitals like the plague (no pun intended) and it actually was super calm, but it felt more like this giant monster approaching, the silence before the storm.

Then the first Covid patients appeared, more and more, pneumology was transformed into a Covid-only department, which quickly wasn't enough so another department was also converted. Then the internal outbreaks came on regular departments including mine. Over half of the patients I had tested positive, some who'd been there months before it all started, colleagues started getting sick and they refused to test us. The reason being a shortage of tests and the pneumologists suspecting 50-60% of all personnel being infected, though the majority without symptoms but still able to spread it.

Protocols changed daily, sometimes after several hours, over and over. We got a not too positive plan in different phases. Phase 1 was transferring all positive patients to the Covid department. Phase 2 was when it got worse and we'd have to keep them in isolation on regular departments. Phase 3 was when it'd get so bad we'd have to put the healthy patients in isolation. We had no clue what to expect, but looking at China and Italy who were already swamped by this, it wasn't looking too bright.

Luckily, it never even came to phase 2, it lessened a ton and today we only have 2 positive patients in the entire hospital. I'm quite sure me and the majority of my colleagues on my department got infected since most of us had symptoms, some more than the others. Next time I'll see my doc I'll ask for a blood test to see if I got any antibodies. I'm sure it won't protect me if a second wave comes cause this thing mutates really fast, but I just want to know.

Worst of all is a lot of people are still underestimating this or already think it's already over. Yes, it's lessening in Europe, but it's far from gone and worldwide its never been worse cause now South America, India and every major country in Africa are getting hit hard too.

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
Second wave on corona for me, going into full-lockdown soon again. Hopefully not for another 3 months. :/

OwensJB

Second wave on corona for me, going into full-lockdown soon again. Hopefully not for another 3 months. :/

That sucks. I'm so fed up with quarantines and lockdowns that I honestly think people should let themselves get sick just to get it over with. The death toll would be unfortunate of course but it wouldn't be bubonic plague levels of bad at least.