• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

How's my team coming along? (also need a filler suggestion!)

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Ok, so it's been a pretty decent while since I've played Pokemon again. Yearning for that constant grinding for the right nature, the daunting task of getting the EVs right and whatnot, I managed to grab my hands on Pokemon Black.
I've only managed to think of 5 Pokemon so far for my dream team, here's what I schemed up, and is so far around 4/6 complete:

555.gif

1. Darmanitan @ Expert Belt
Ability: Hustle
Nature: Admant
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Sp. D
Moveset: Rock Slide, U-Turn, Flare Blitz, Superpower

(My main Physical Attacker. Adamant for the Attack Boost. I consider Rock Slide as a filler. U-Turn was chosen randomly off a moveset I found online, admittidely I've found it quite useful several times when trying to make a quick escape and sending out a wall or some other Pokemon. Flare Blitz doesn't really need an explanation. Superpower is used to counter Rock types.)

598.gif

2. Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 Sp. D
Moveset: Protect, Ingrain, Power Whip, Gyro Ball

(My Wall. Both Physical and Special. Nature is self explanatory. Power Whip being a decent damage dealer as well as Gyro Ball which is effective due to Ferrothorn's low speed. Ingrain over Leech Seed? Yes, I regret the choice but I feel that having to hatch hundreds of eggs for a new Ferroseed with Leech Seed would take too long. Ingrain heals a decent amount and overlooking the disability of switching out, it is highly effective with Leftovers after using Protect.)

350.gif

3. Milotic @ Quick Claw
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Modest
EVs: 152 HP / 80 Def / 220 Sp. A / 56 Speed
Moveset: Surf, Hypnosis, Recover, Ice Beam

(As you might see, a semi-"sweeper". (inb4 all the "Milotic should be a Special Wall!"). I didn't really like the idea of my Milotic being a wall so I decided to turn it into a bulky-ish attacker, with a fair base stat of 100 Special Attack boosted by Modest Nature, and a base 120 Special Defence, Milotic manages to pull off some 2HKOs here and there. Surf for STAB, Hypnosis to make it easy, followed by a Recover if necessary, and Ice Beam just for lulz. Milotic mainly serves as a counter effect to the Ground and Fire types that Darmanitan, Ferrothorn and Metagross are susceptible to.)

376.gif

4. Metagross @ ???
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Moveset: Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash, Hammer Arm

(Another Physical attacker. I'll go ahead and explain the little there is for the choice of moves. Bullet Punch for STAB and a quick payback in case Metagross up against a foe with low HP and could pose as a threat. Meteor Mash is another STAB choice, Hammer Arm was something I picked up online. Zen Headbutt is also another decent STAB choice for Metagross I find quite useful at most times).

094.gif

5. Gengar @ Shell Bell
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp. A / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Moveset: Psychic, Energy Ball, Thunder Bolt, Shadow Ball

(Special Sweeper. Psychic because it's decent, Energy Ball or Calm Mind, I'm not certain yet. Thunder Bolt with hopes of leaving some paralysis, and Shadow Ball for STAB).

6. ?

Yeah, that question mark means that I'm still not certain as what to take yet, what role it should play, etc. If anyone is willing to make a suggestion, feel free to, although I must admit, I'm quite fussy when it comes to these things; meaning, in this case, I'd prefer a Pokemon from the Sinnoh Region, and it wouldn't make my team weak to many weaknesses that way (eg: Metagross and Ferrothorn are both weak to Fire, don't need a third!)

Either way, criticism is welcome as long as it's not negative. I admit that most of the movesets were searched online, yet I decided to post the finality of the results here anyway.
Thanks!

Roughneck JB

I say you need another wall. If you want one with a Fire resistance (or immunity) from Sinnoh, you could run a Bulky Heatran. Other possible walls Hippowdon, Dusknoir (or Eviolite Dusclops), Uxie, or Bronzong (with Heatproof if you really care about that Fire weakness. After all, everyone will expect Levitate!)

Aurath8

Darmaintan does not have the ability Hustle. Darumaka has that; it has Sheer Force.
I suggest Earthquake over Superpower as Superpower pretty much forces you to switch out afterwards while Earthquake can be used repeatedly. Use a Life Orb over the Expert Belt. When a move affected by Sheer Force is used, it negates the damage that the Life Orb causes.

I still think you should choose Leech Seed over Ingrain as Ingrain prevents you from switching out, plus Leech Seed damages the opponent as well.

I suggest Earthquake over Hammer Arm on Metagross because Steel + Ground gets pretty good coverage and doesn't have bad side-effects. It also means you can take on Fire types more easily. Use a Muscle Band for a little boost to Attack.

Give Gengar Focus Blast over Psychic. It gets pefect coverage alongside Shadow Ball and covers the dangerous Dark and Steel types. Also, give it the Expert Belt that Darmanitan is no longer using.

For your last team member, I suggest a setup sweeper; something that makes use of Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind etc. to take advantage of incredibly defensive pokemon such as Chansey giving you the chance to sweep. Something like Gliscor, Garchomp, Infernape or Lucario will work well.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Use Haxorus with this set:
Haxorus@Life Orb/Persim Berry Adamant Nature
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~X-Scissor/Shadow Claw
~Swords Dance/Dragon Dance

If you don't like confusion,use Persim Berry,if not use Life Orb.Just choose some of those moves.And,I made this up.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Ferrothorn would love having Curse > Protect. Not only will Curse make you all the more bulky, but as it reduces speed it will allow you to make the most of Gyro Ball. Rocky Helmet > Lefties as well.

Aurawarrior said to give Gengar Focus Blast, but before you do that, check it's Hidden Power; if it's HP [Fighting] then use it instead of Focus Blast because FB's accuracy is icky.

Everything else has been covered by Aurawarrior.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Ok, so it's been a pretty decent while since I've played Pokemon again. Yearning for that constant grinding for the right nature, the daunting task of getting the EVs right and whatnot, I managed to grab my hands on Pokemon Black.
I've only managed to think of 5 Pokemon so far for my dream team, here's what I schemed up, and is so far around 4/6 complete:

555.gif

Moveset: Rock Slide, U-Turn, Flare Blitz, Earthquake
(My main Physical Attacker. Adamant for the Attack Boost. I consider Rock Slide as a filler. U-Turn was chosen randomly off a moveset I found online, admittidely I've found it quite useful several times when trying to make a quick escape and sending out a wall or some other Pokemon. Flare Blitz doesn't really need an explanation. Superpower is used to counter Rock types.)

598.gif

(My Wall. Both Physical and Special. Nature is self explanatory. Power Whip being a decent damage dealer as well as Gyro Ball which is effective due to Ferrothorn's low speed. Ingrain over Leech Seed? Yes, I regret the choice but I feel that having to hatch hundreds of eggs for a new Ferroseed with Leech Seed would take too long. Ingrain heals a decent amount and overlooking the disability of switching out, it is highly effective with Leftovers after using Protect.)

350.gif

3. Milotic @ Quick Claw

(As you might see, a semi-"sweeper". (inb4 all the "Milotic should be a Special Wall!"). I didn't really like the idea of my Milotic being a wall so I decided to turn it into a bulky-ish attacker, with a fair base stat of 100 Special Attack boosted by Modest Nature, and a base 120 Special Defence, Milotic manages to pull off some 2HKOs here and there. Surf for STAB, Hypnosis to make it easy, followed by a Recover if necessary, and Ice Beam just for lulz. Milotic mainly serves as a counter effect to the Ground and Fire types that Darmanitan, Ferrothorn and Metagross are susceptible to.)

376.gif

4. Metagross @ ???
Moveset: Agility, Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash, Earthquake
(Another Physical attacker. I'll go ahead and explain the little there is for the choice of moves. Bullet Punch for STAB and a quick payback in case Metagross up against a foe with low HP and could pose as a threat. Meteor Mash is another STAB choice, Hammer Arm was something I picked up online. Zen Headbutt is also another decent STAB choice for Metagross I find quite useful at most times).

094.gif

5. Gengar @ Shell Bell
Moveset: Nightmare, Hypnosis, Thunder Bolt, Shadow Ball

(Special Sweeper. Psychic because it's decent, Energy Ball or Calm Mind, I'm not certain yet. Thunder Bolt with hopes of leaving some paralysis, and Shadow Ball for STAB).

Yeah, that question mark means that I'm still not certain as what to take yet, what role it should play, etc. If anyone is willing to make a suggestion, feel free to, although I must admit, I'm quite fussy when it comes to these things; meaning, in this case, I'd prefer a Pokemon from the Sinnoh Region, and it wouldn't make my team weak to many weaknesses that way (eg: Metagross and Ferrothorn are both weak to Fire, don't need a third!)

Either way, criticism is welcome as long as it's not negative. I admit that most of the movesets were searched online, yet I decided to post the finality of the results here anyway.
Thanks!​

I suggest the Haxorus I posted earlier.​

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
If you want a Fire resistant Sinnoh Pokemon, go with Garchomp:

Garchomp@???
Adamant
Sand Veil
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Claw
-Swords Dance

Another Garchomp with QuakeEdge. Dragon Claw with STAB, and Swords Dance for a boost. You could have a Bronzong with Heatproof, but then half your team would be weak to Ground. Garchomp is the way to go.

Zennyboiz

Herr Wailord

555.gif

Moveset: Rock Slide, U-Turn, Flare Blitz, Superpower

598.gif

350.gif

3. Milotic @ Quick Claw

376.gif

4. Metagross @ ???
Moveset: Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, Meteor Mash, Hammer Arm

094.gif

5. Gengar @ Shell Bell
Moveset: Psychic, Energy Ball, Thunder Bolt, Shadow Ball

6. ?

Thanks!

I don't know, Hypnosis always seemed shady to me, accuracy-wise. I see why you'd use it but Toxic is a possible alternative I guess.

If you want a Fire resistant Sinnoh Pokemon, go with Garchomp:

Garchomp@???
Adamant
Sand Veil
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Claw
-Swords Dance

Another Garchomp with QuakeEdge. Dragon Claw with STAB, and Swords Dance for a boost. You could have a Bronzong with Heatproof, but then half your team would be weak to Ground. Garchomp is the way to go.

Life Orb should be the item on this set I believe.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Yeah, I'm drawing a blank for items but another item on my Garchomp set would be the Muscle Band (or whatever raises physical attacks' power)

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Thanks everyone for the constructive replies and suggestions, and my apologies for the last reply (hope this doesn't count as necro-ing an 'old' thread).
I'll make amends to several moves then. I quite like the idea of a setup sweeper, seeing that I lack one. I'm a little torn between Gliscor and Garchomp, but for preference's sake I'll go with a Gliscor as it is a bit more defensive.
Is there any decent moveset/ev spread for a Gliscor without the ability Poison Heal?
Thanks

Sceptilo

Hakuna Matata!
sure:

Gliscor (adamant/impish/careful) @nothing
Hyper cutter
EVs: 252 atk/236 HP/16 sdef
- Acrobatics
- EQ
- Stone Edge/Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
May seem weird at first, but let me explain:
nature: adamant if you want more atk, though you double it afterwards. impish/careful for more defenses.
Hyper cutter seems silly, but you're not using sandstorm, so no sand veil. and there are kinda many attack lowering moves ingame.
EV spread for maximum bulk and damage output. speed is not needed imo, 95 base speed already outspeeds a large portion of the game, even unEV'd.
Acrobatics for an insanely powerful attack; EQ for reliable second STAB; ice fang and Stone Edge pair up very well with EQ, though SE is much more powerful; SD for boosting, obv.

roost is also a cool option, but only via gen IV TM :(

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Thanks a lot for the Moveset and EV Spread as well as the great explanation, much appreciated :D

That should cover everything then, thanks everyone!