• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hows your gen 2 national dex?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Kanto: Missing Kangaskhan and Mr. Mime
Johto: Missing Unown, Girafarig, Corsola, Heracross, and Ho-Oh (since Smeargle isn't available, I don't count it as of yet)

So...mainly regionals, a pesky Giraffe that won't stay put, and floating alphabet soup that won't show up for anything LOL

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
GenI: Tauros.
GenII: Heracross, Corsola, (Smeargle), Shiny Lugia (and Celebi).
GenIII: (Nincada, Ninjask, Shedinja), Illumise, Torkoal, (Spinda), Vibrava, Flygon, Solrock, Kecleon, Tropius, (Clamperl, Gorebys, Huntail), Relicanth, Salamence, (Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Deoxys and Jirachi).

8 Regionals
14 Unreleased
1 Unobtainable Shiny (which counts for me since it isn't available anymore).
3 Obtainable evolutions (for which I already have candy enough for, just waiting for the right IV's to come along.

Technically speaking I already have a Shelgon with perfect Attack and HP, but since Salamence is quite the investment (those Bagon are really hard to come by, and the bulk of my Bagon candy was because I had the sensibility to gather and hatch 10k's during the double candy event - instead of going through dozens of 2k's which result in less candy per egg), I'm holding off evolving that Shelgon until I hatch another batch of 10km eggs and if there isn't a better Bagon in that batch, then I'll evolve that Shelgon since 15 Attack is basically all it needs (though being above 90% would give me less regret of powering it up, because when I eventually do get a better one, I'll feel that regret).

Obviousy, I'm quite upset about a few of the most recent events, the Kanto Festival and the Fighting-type Gym Clash. They were specifically marketed as the following: "Complete your Kanto Pokédex!".. I ASK YOU HOW NIANTIC WHEN YOU KEEP THE REGIONALS IN THE SAME PLACE?!? ALL I NEEDED WAS TAUROS, YOU MORONS. And as for the Fighting-type Clash, yeah, Heracross as a worldwide Raid Boss, or unlocked after a certain amount of gym battles were done during a certain period would've been a nice touch. I really, really liked the worldwide grind for Farfetch'd, so I don't get why they didn't do such a thing for Heracross.. Oh wait.. GoFest had Heracross as a unique spawn so US-citizens with able opportunity (or just plainly living in the south) don't have to fret about that one - so Niantic will never bother with it worldwide.

Adventure Week 2018 is about to begin on Saturday... I'm willing to bet that with "increased Rock-type spawns", we will still not see Corsola or Relicanth where I live.. and we'll probably not see Torkoal while Chicago is having their GoFest even though they announced global tie-ins (which is probably the Celebi Special Field Research reveal).

thekorean

Need Blissey, Heracross, Corsola, and Unown. Along with legendaries.

But I have Chancey so Blissey shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If we're solely talking about Gen2: then Smeargle and Celebi. With trading and knowing an airline hostess that flies to the Caribbean... It didn't take long for me to get Heracross and Illumise when trading came out.

Tauros came from another trade, so yeah.. GenI and II down, until they release Smeargle and Celebi (worldwide).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I’m just halfway over completion of the Johto Pokédex and I have 52 Pokémon caught. I’ve got a lot to catch.

Sprinter1988

Still need Smeargle, Unown, Heracross, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, Suicune and Entei. Got Raikou yesterday thanks to task completion.

munna

Im not missing anything from gen2 because I went to Florida to get corsola and heracross. Unown was boosted during an event in Europe. All others I randomly got or hunted in the UK

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I only need Smeargle which is not currently available although it seems like it will become available in March. I don't care about collecting each of the Unown's. I got one for the Pokedex and that is all I care about.

Evanibble

I've currently got 139 in Kanto (need vileplume, victreebell, golem, farfetch'd, dodrio, electrode, kangaskhan, seaking, mr. mime, lapras, moltres, and mewtwo), a lot of them are region locked, and I have little hope of getting Mewtwo or Moltres (unless the field research continues in which case maybe RNG is on my side again).

For Johto my pokedex is 91. Missing politoed, unown, steelix, heracross, corsola, kingdra, smeargle, lugia, and celebi. So not bad, but like with Kanto it'll be difficult to get a couple of them at this point.

Really hoping Mr. Mime and Smeargle are gonna be available soon, per the loading picture. That'd be nice.

EDIT: Smeargle is now available, nevermind! XD

Last edited:

Pluski

I've come a long way on my generation 2 dex. At this point, I only lack Unown, Heracross and Lugia, the latter which I hope to get tonight in my research breakthrough.

quake

For Gen 1 I'm just missing Mewtwo, for Gen 2 in missing Unown, Foretress (pineco is my walking partner with 4 candies to go) and Ho-Oh.

Hopefully soon it will only leave Unown (hasn't been an event in Ireland yet) and Mewtwo might come back one day for something