• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HP Mini won't start up

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
The tech problems just never stop with me...

About a month ago, I got a new HP Mini netbook. I used it everyday, primarily for work and for browsing the internet; I didn't do much else on it. Just today, I tried starting up the netbook but it stops on the HP logo and doesn't do anything else. Last night, I put it on hibernate, if that matters. I have been trying to get it to start for 40 minutes now and it simply will not. I've tried removing the battery pack, turning it on on AC power, turning it on on battery power, I've left it alone for several minutes at a time, but no dice. No button I press will do anything. This is troublesome considering I have a homework assignment on there that I was planning to complete at school today.

Anyone have any suggestions? My absolute last resort is sending it in, because it should still be under warranty, but is there anything else I can try before doing that?

Update: So the HP logo changed to this weird logo that looked like a metal, stylized G. I've managed to get it past that logo but I can't do much else beside that. I've tried factory resetting the netbook because I don't really have anything important on there, but the process can never be completed for whatever erason. Additionally, whenever it shows the new weird logo, it always says "Serial Number Not Found" or something.

Now, all I can access is the HP Recovery Manager, which doesn't really help much, as all I can do is System Restore (there's no restore points anymore, for some reason) and Factory Reset, which as mentioned earlier doesn't work.

This is a virus isn't it? Anymore suggestions? I think I really have to send it in to HP now.

Last edited:

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
your going to have to send it in the firmware on the board has been altered or a problem it the dfrive is present but to fix this you need to send it in and the repairs will be done for free since its suppose to be under warranty if u bought it brand new