• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HumanLike Trio?

JD

I dont Know If This Is True But I Heard A Rumor That In Red Blue Green and Yellow That Electabuzz Magmar and Jynx Where Originally Going to Be a Legendary trio Called The Human Like Trio. But Were Replaced By The Birds Later On Is This True Or Not How Would you guys feel if they were the legendaries in the game?

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
I would have actually preferred it.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Stop talking by capitalizing each word in your sentence. Seriously, why?

They would be kind of wimpy for legendaries..

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
yep, or so to what i heard, but maybe it was arcanine that was supposed to be a leagend. yeah i think arcanine and jynx but im not completely sure

SilverFox

So sly
Stop talking by capitalizing each word in your sentence. Seriously, why?

They would be kind of wimpy for legendaries..

Legends don't have to be strong. I think it would have been a nice touch for them to be legendaries.

granbull guy

Vasoline
This is kinda weird.

Mawile412

Problem
arcanine wouldn't have made sense to be with Jynx and electabuzz/magmar

Farmermon

Is back once again!
It would be interesting... I'd like it! I heard the rumor before too, I think they were thinking that early in the game production.

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
Except for the type factor. It wouldn't work in modern games as such:

Magmar - Fire
Electabuzz- Electric
Jynx - Ice and Psychic

Get it? Jynx would have more weaknesses and strengths that would skew the whole thing. However, I do count those three as 'mini legendaries' as they're too similar to pass up to be anything but that. Oh, and by the way, Jynx > The other two. 'Nuff said.

squeezcheese

Actually, somebody once complained about jynx. it used to have black skin, which people was racist. So making it a legendary would be worse.
Too bad though, because if Jynx, Magmar, and Electabuzz were legends we wouldn't have Smoochum, Magby, and Elekid. We would have baby articunos, baby zapdoses, and baby moltreses (which, by the way, would look awesome.)

RachelRach00

Lieks Mudkips
I wouldn't care for it. They don't have that epic legendary look. They would be ok as only one in the game kinda deal like rotom or farfetch'd, but not legendary.

mockingjay

swift and lol
i don't see how jynx fit in their category except for the fact they look like humans, but..

SilverFox

So sly
I might be 100% wrong and please tell me if I am, but isn't Jynx based on Yuki-onna?

Or perhaps based on some other figure in Japanes folklore?

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
If this was true, it would only be during the early stages of development, since there are far more impressive Pokemon that would suit the title of being 'Legendary'. It really wouldn't make sense if all 151 Pokemon were created and it was decided that the three of them would become the games' Legendary Pokemon.

Or perhaps based on some other figure in Japanes folklore?

Bulbapedia said:
What Jynx is based on is a controversial topic within the fandom, although common interpretations are a Nordic woman (possibly Hel, goddess of the underworld), or ガン黒 ganguro, face-black. Also, the fact that Jynx are depicted as Santa's helpers in the anime can be a proof that Jynx is based on Zwarte Piet.

Jynx may also have origins in the Japanese spirits known as Yuki Onna (who has no feet like Jynx) or Yama Uba, the latter of which is described as always wearing a tattered red kimono and having whitish-blonde hair (all traits shared by Jynx).

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
Look at Mewtwo... what is it? It looks Human Like... with other features... lets presume they did Mewtwo without thinking about making Mew... Mewtwo is all powerful and able to create his own trio... and what does it do? A trio based on himself, human-like... it makes sense to me.

Also... notice their types...
Ice, Electric and Fire. Just like the Birds... although the Birds are also Flying.