• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HumanLike Trio?

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
that would have been a very stupid move on their part, im glad we have the birds

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Jinx? a legendary?
Nope that would have not been cool.

Is there actually any evidence to support this? It's interesting, but seems unlikely.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Again, the trio would be much stronger if legends. Stats weren't finallized back then.

Plus, having three Flying types for legends is ick. Especially when they all follow the same idea.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
It's possible. They do have seemingly legendary qualities, being the only Pokémon in their generation besides Hitmonchan to learn the legendary punches. Also, the fact that Electabuzz appears to be based on an oni, and Magmar appears to also be based on a mythical animal (A fire-breathing salamander mixed with a duck) also supports this somewhat. Jynx is based on something too modern (clearly a ganguro), which may be the reason the idea was ditched.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
id like it, and the birds have other types lol. xD itd like it more than the birds...

Ampy

Light The Stars
No Because They Don't Deserve It!!!

Seriously stop, talking in all caps...

Anyways, no I don't think so... they don't seem like Legendary material to me... although I shouldn't be talking (Phione)

Last edited:

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Anything you hear from elementary school kids should never be taken with seriousness.

Really, I dunno where you heard this, but I really don't think it's likely. Just because they're a trio doesn't mean they are intended to be legendaries. Do you think the Eeveelutions were intended to be legendaries as well just because they were in a trio originally?

And please, for the love of all things good, Why Do You Type Like This? xP

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
I heard it once before..but I think thats not true

buizel kid

that would be S.H.I.T

Nebbio

NINJA!
But if they were picked Lugia wouldn't have been made.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I've heard this rumor as well, but it's like saying Ho-oh was originally going to be a first generation Pokémon. (Though, honestly, I have the weirdest feeling that while making the first episode, they were in the making of creating the Johto Pokémon, and slapped Ho-oh in at the last minute. How else would you explain Togepi, and later Marill, Snubbull, and Donphan?) Though I've heard also that Ho-oh was Moltres drawn differently.

What about Dragonite, though? It's considered a pseudo-legendary. So weren't they concerning about making Dragonite a Legendary alongside the Legendary Birds, plus Arcanine? In which case, according to Bulbapedia, Arcanine, had it become an actual Legendary, would've been the Trio Master instead of Lugia (I think someone hinted at that).

Legendary Lad

Nonsensical Newb
The second movie would have been wack if it was human-like legendaries. I can't really imagine Jynx, Magmar, and Electabuzz going at it while Lugia flys around.

Oh wait.
The Second Movie Would Have Been Wack If It Was Human-Like Legendaries. I Can't Really Imagine Jynx, Magmar, And Electabuzz Going At It While Lugia Flys Around.

Am I doing it right?

JIMMAH!!!!

Pickin' a winner
Kutie Pie said:
Arcanine, had it become an actual Legendary, would've been the Trio Master instead of Lugia

That would've been cool. I don't really like Lugia.
Anyway, the Humanlikes as a trio? That would, suck. Besides, then we wouldn't have Magmonkey and the Abominable Zap-yeti.

EDIT: Hey hey! There's mah rank up!

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Nah that sound like old fandoom to me. i cant see rouguela as a ledgie. I just cant.

squlicky4

that isnt true btw
it was arcainine goin to be one and also raichu

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Thats pretty interesting, but I am glad that never happened. However, I never heard of this. Could you show us a link or something?

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I remember hearing about this a long time ago, and I'm glad they chose the birds over M/E/J. Tho even though now we say it would be weird, thats because we have a schema for the birds being the legendaries. If Magmar, Electabuzz and Jynx where the legends back in G/R/B/Y We would think the birds would be a bad idea.

JD

Anything you hear from elementary school kids should never be taken with seriousness.

Really, I dunno where you heard this, but I really don't think it's likely. Just because they're a trio doesn't mean they are intended to be legendaries. Do you think the Eeveelutions were intended to be legendaries as well just because they were in a trio originally?

And please, for the love of all things good, Why Do You Type Like This? xP

First of all I already said I left caps on by a mistake second of all I'm In 9th grade. Okay so just back off already I said I left it on caps by a mistake and I said I heard about it someone said it on the Interesting facts thread. Know would people stop asking that question it's really starting to bug me.