• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HumanLike Trio?

Pandeji

USED ULTRASPLASH!!!
I've heard this as well, although now that I actually look for the facts there's no other explanation other than "Their types match."

And at first I was shocked by people failing to see the three humanshape pokemon as a trio, but as of current they really aren't.

Maybe in Gen II they were sorta alike from all gaining babies, but Gen IV said nay by giving only Magmar and Electabuzz evolutions, both gained from trading them with an item with the same ending.

But who knows? Maybe we'll see a Frostalizer next game?

But as of current, aside from their original numbers and pre-evos in Gen II, there isn't really enough evidence showing that they were scheduled to be the first trio.

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
I heard a rumour that originally the legendaries were going to be:

Arcanine, Electabuzz & Articuno.

Then they decided to make them all birds.

Probably false, but still a fun thing to think about.

mockingjay

swift and lol
i always thought magmar was electabuzz's counterpart, so if you have electabuzz you have to have magmar. :)

~:Shadow:~

These Pokemon aren't suitable to be made legendaires, as they are weak compared to the other legendaries.
I highly doubt this, just to let you all know.

I seriously doubt this, It just doesn't seem.... right?

There are some pokemon *coughArcaninecough* who might have been ment to be legendaires, but these 3 don't seem to be the most likely

I mean, maybe I'm just closed minded but, at one stage we all thought pokegods were real... (well, I didn't.. but still) so, I don't pay a whole lot of Attention to these 'rumours'

Last edited:

poke freak 997

Fire Power House
I think it would be cool and Smoochum,Magby and Elekid would be there clones and Jynx would be the strongest of them all because Electabuzz and Magmar both have evolve forms.

I believe it was Arcanine, Zapdos and Articuno.

In the first episode of Pokemon, all three were on stone tablets at the Pokemon centre, along with Ho-oh. Moltres was absent.

ribcage_x

Nope your all wrong the all powerful bidoof was ment to be the ultimate legendary but then they decided its epicness was to much for the time so they held off.

ok nooo just kidding O_O;;

But idk it would be pretty cool for the 'human like trios'
but not likely

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
I wish they would have given Jynx an evolution along with Electivire and Magmortar. I always saw them as a sort of trio. I wouldn't even use it, I'd just want to see it for a sense of completeness.

Missingno.Fan

I heard that story too. I am not sure how true it is. I also heard that the original trio was going to be Arcticuno/Zapdos/Arcanine, but then they figured it would be best if they are all birds.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Stop this confusion

I believe it was Arcanine, Zapdos and Articuno.

In the first episode of Pokemon, all three were on stone tablets at the Pokemon centre, along with Ho-oh. Moltres was absent.

Actually, that was the second episode of the anime and there were FOUR stone tablets. What Ash thought was a tablet of Ho-oh -remember he didn't know it was Ho-oh at the time- was actually one of Moltres. The four tablets were of Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Arcanine.

Yes, at one time I'm sure the creators probably might have wanted Arcanine as a legendary but that's a different rumour altogether. Also, the anime came well after the games and so the final legendary trio decision of Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres was made before that.

The idea of Magmar, Electabuzz, and Jynx as a legendary trio seems quite OK to me actually. I can see the idea of human-like things hiding out in caves, rather than birds, quite likely.

I think that if this was the trio then Jynx would have never become part Psychic type.

Why are people talking about stats?? This was a possibility before the games and so stats wouldn't have been decided yet. They wouldn't have played a role in deciding what would be legendary. Whatever GameFreak decided would be legendary would recieve the highest stats.

This is rather off-topic but I would absolutely love to see a Jynxerizer and a Jynx evolution!!

Last edited:

mockingjay

swift and lol
I wish they would have given Jynx an evolution along with Electivire and Magmortar. I always saw them as a sort of trio. I wouldn't even use it, I'd just want to see it for a sense of completeness.

that could happen if they introduced the 4th stage. yes, i bolded it for sexiness.

Fataal

Lone Archetype
Just to further entertain this weird notion, what possible back story would human-like legends hold? To place them as the missing link between humans and pokemon is a bit bold because GameFreak already deals with the pains of religion/evolution. So why strip the glory rom the birds?

KarensApprentice

Dark Trainer
Just to further entertain this weird notion, what possible back story would human-like legends hold? To place them as the missing link between humans and pokemon is a bit bold because GameFreak already deals with the pains of religion/evolution. So why strip the glory rom the birds?

Well if that can say that Kadabra is a boy who went to sleep and woke up as a pokemon, I think they could come with something along the lines of

Jynx - Legend has it a woman was lost in a harsh blizzard, after falling into a comatose state she awoke as a Jynx

Electabuzz - It is said to be the result of genetic experiments of humans trying to mimic pokemon attacks.

Magmar - A scientist who fell into the boiling lava of Mt Ember, during an eruption, Magmar was found wondering around the place the scientist went missing

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar can be trios, but not legendary. I feel 'incomplete' about it because Jynx never gained 4th Gen evolution.
It is a bit weird, I've never heard of a non-legendary trio, just duos.
(e.g. Beautifly & Dustox, Solrock & Lunatone ...etc)

GaZsTiC said:
I would absolutely love to see a Jynxerizer
Jynxerizer...
I like it.

Last edited:

Fataal

Lone Archetype
Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar can be trios, but not legendary. I feel 'incomplete' about it because Jynx never gained 4th Gen evolution.
It is a bit weird, I've never heard of a non-legendary trio, just duos.
(e.g. Beautifly & Dustox, Solrock & Lunatone ...etc)

Jynxerizer...
I like it.

If no one didn't notice by now Jynx is more Mr. Mime's opposite than belonging in a Trio. And honestly types don't matter or legendaries wouldn't have such obvious weaknesses to their counterparts.

Well if that can say that Kadabra is a boy who went to sleep and woke up as a pokemon, I think they could come with something...

I hate to burst your bubble but Pokedex entries aren't necessarily fact. Or Arceus would have a thousand arms.