• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hungry For The Good Life! (552)

Porygandrew

"Oooh, children. It's okay if you steal from other people and act like a rude glutton as long as you do it in a cute way. Everyone else will find a reason to understand!"

Yeah, Gravy, I wanted to boot that pig right out of... every scene it hogged *rimshot* Can we return to harsher/more strict trainers that, although the main characters may think the CotD's training is tough, at least their pokemon are well disciplined and still loved.
This, "Oh, we'll gloss over the fact that this piggy is destroying the effort we put into making poffins just cause it likes them sooo much! Oh, and of course we must make an extra big batch just for it because that's the way we make everyone happy instead of promoting moderation!" attitude is kind of worrying if that's the message being taught to school kids.

Although Croagunk never ceases to be filled with Win and Jelly (but mainly Win)

Last edited:

GreenTurtwig

Grass Trainer
Wow! Shocker! I had no idea that...
1. Dawn would catch a new pokemon
2. It would be a Swinub

Now it is really getting to be almost Johto all over again. I assume that Swinub will evenually evolve into Mamoswine, but I do' know.

I like the part where the two Pichu were talking behind Croagunk's back. lol. It was pretty funny. <~

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
you know in the beginning i thought that swinub was for brock, btw can anybody tell me what moves swinub has?

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Imagina how much this thing will eat as a Mamoswine.
Dawn needs a powerhouse pokemon as the rest are bit strong but mostly focus on beauty.
Brock needs Happiny to chill with Nurse Joy

GreenTurtwig

Grass Trainer
Originally posted by HoennMaster
It is just a show people, who cares if Swinub likes to eat a lot...I don't considering that stealing.

I agree. May's Munchlax ate a lot; no one said anything about it. Okay, maybe it was because he has Munch in his name. But still, Swinub is cool with me. Just because it eats a lot of poke-food doesn't mean anything. Brock can make more food. Speaking of Brock and food: isn't it strange how he has almost a whole kitchen is his pack? Just something to ponder about.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
did anyone else find it amusing that when Monica (the maid) ran out to inform Urayama that the food's been stolen, she seems completely oblivious to the giant Rocket mecha hovering in front of them and the fact that all the Pokemon were kidnapped? Speaking of the mecha, that was definitely one of the Rocket Dan's better uses of a pitfall (though they're still not very bright about stopping for a celebratory meal). I'd also like to give special mention to Hikari's animation when she fell through that hole XD (but what the hell are Rocket Dan trying to do? Kill her and the Urimoo they just captured? Well, at least they landed on a shrub instead of that screwy "bounce off the ground" crap that Kasumi and Masato pulled almost three years ago).

TeddiUrsa

Kill her and the Urimoo they just captured? Well, at least they landed on a shrub instead of that screwy "bounce off the ground" crap that Kasumi and Masato pulled almost three years ago).

It was still very cheesy and looked very wrong. she survives a fall like this without ANY injuries by landing on a shrub? With a skirt like her´s she should stick to the shrub with her...nevermind...:p

I liked this episode a lot better when it had Haruka´s Delicious in it...I won´t say anything else...

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
ah...i never noticed swinub before as being cute...but this one was simply adorable
personnaly i find chubby things adorable, which is why i like Munchlax and Dragonite Swinub is funny, and of course he goes to Dawn. D'oh. I hope it doesn't evolve. That thing would eat all of sinnoh as a poliswine, much less a mamoswine.

WOW Hikari has a short skirt.

Anyways, this was a pretty entertaining capture episode. I'm not really into swinub's personality but it was portrayed nicely so i'm not gonna complain about it.

Araleon

Chill
I knew Swinub was Dawn's. I found Swinub was cute an very Dawn-y in the pics in Serebii. I saw someone say trade Swinub and HAppiny.

Wow.

Just cuz Buizel and Aipom were traded, doesn't mean others will be. Sides, AHppiny with Brock could mean Brock will finally settle down with a nice Nurse Joy, prob in Pewter.

Sparkleo

Low on power...
Swinub really knows how to throw its weight around.

I especially love the part where the other pokemon were about to 'kill' Swinub when it ate all their poffin.

I predict Dawn will eventually make a special recipe for Swinub just like May did with her Munchlax...

SUPERSTARZZ

The Cool Pip!
I can't believe some people are shocked it went to DAwn. It was obvious right from the very beginning.

We have each and every right to be shocked and/or disappointed. Swinub suits Brock more. Brock can handle its feeding needs, is a Ground-type and Brock can use Swinub to create Ice statues to his romantic advancements. Poor Buneary. With a Swinub on Dawn's team, it will get less screentime than we hoped after the movie. She has handled Buneary poorly and now its usage seems to decrease more.

SUPERSTARZZ

The Cool Pip!
Well, after watching this episode, I can say that Dawn really deserved Swinub.

She was the one who had the idea to feed it, she was the one that tried to save it and the other Pokemon when Ash feel off the TR Mecha, and she was the one who battled with it to stop Team Rocket. Brock...did nothing of interest besides that loud "SATOSHIIIII!".

And talk about never seen Pokemon, when's the last time we saw Igglybuff and Cleffa, AKA "the Johto baby rejects"? Seeing Pichu and Azuril was cool. And we had Paul's Elekid for a while. So what are they waiting for with Magby?

Overall, a pretty fun episode, and Dawn has a nice future powerhouse.

You obviously have a problem with your thinking skills. If this is a bit rude, please punish me. I'll accept it with grace.

If the writers decided to give that pig to Brock, then he could have done more in this episode besides your accusations of "SATOSHI!!".

dman_dustin

We have each and every right to be shocked and/or disappointed. Swinub suits Brock more. Brock can handle its feeding needs, is a Ground-type and Brock can use Swinub to create Ice statues to his romantic advancements. Poor Buneary. With a Swinub on Dawn's team, it will get less screentime than we hoped after the movie. She has handled Buneary poorly and now its usage seems to decrease more.

I take it you haven't heard of what took place in the newest aired episode of pokemon.

Dawn had Buneary use ice beam even though she had swinub (though you could argue Swinub wasn't even in the episode but whatever). Besides Ice beam is Buneary's signature attack I doubt its going away anytime soon. Plus different ice attacks means different appeals

piplup_777

Paparazzi ♪♫
okay swinub is cool but i think it isnt dawns kind of pokemon i was hoping she would get a mantyke