• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hungry For The Good Life! (552)

katfairy

Who says Swinub isn't cute? It's freakin' adorable!

Fun episode- Mr. Backlot is as much of a twit as he is in the game, Croagunk is hysterical (first the laugh, then the bit with his reflection), and poor Piplup always getting its food stolen by Swinub. One minor thing- am I reading too many lolcats are did it sound like Swinub was saying nomnomnom while it was eating?

And the line that really made me snicker, and is definitely NOT what James said in the original: "Maybe striking a famous dance pose will give you a clue!" Somebody was feeling a bit snarky that day...

Also, I have to wonder where TR got their pilot licenses- I was getting motion sickness just watching them fly off after dumping Dawn and Swinub.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Thank God the break is over and we finally got to watch another Pokemon episode again!

This one was a nice, but rather ordinary episode! So, my review is going to be a bit shorter than you're normally used to it. :-D
All in all, there were no outstanding scenes in it but no bad ones either.
I'd like to mention two things which stood out in particular:

1. Again Ash messes up his poffins:-D Just hilarious! Poor Ash, what in the world would you do, if Brock weren't one of your best friends and your constant companion! :ksmile:
But keeping a teensy bit of his naivety, makes Ash the more likeable, doesn't it? And that's partly the reason why people like PokemonTrainerLisa and I love him!

2. Now Dawn has a bunch of baby-Pokemon! Oh NO!!:eek:hdear:
As I've said often before, that will possibly make her team look a bit embarrassing.
Let's be honest: Fron now on, every victory of Dawn in a contest will raise doubts and the question whether or not that was a deus-ex victory.
I mean, the writers can't expect us to buy it off them that Dawn can win three remaining ribbons with four cuties and one half-cutie (Ambipom). I'm very sceptical, but nevertheless hope that my premonitions won't come true.

Otherwise a sound episode with a good entertainment value

6 out of 10 points

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Like to see Croagunk always dragging Brock everywhere after Poison Jabbing him. Like how Swinub’s like a Munchlax. Also like how Mr. Backlot always boasts about his wealth. How conceited. It was a little funny that Croagunk never hangs out with other pokemon. I’m not the least bit surprised that Ash and everyone suspects TR every time something goes wrong. What stalkers. Glad that Dawn now has a Swinub, just like May’s Munchlax.

Cobalt_Latios

After having some minor issues "tracking" the blasted episode down, I finally simply resorted to youtube to watch it... only to actually find it once I realized some conflicting information.

I have to say, there were some decent little comedy blips in this episodes that made it rather amusing to say the least.

This episode had two of the funniest Poison Jabs I have seen thus far. First snickering Croagunk, and then "did I do that?" Croagunk upon the second jab.

And on to Swinub. Okay, my first question: is that Swinub's archived voice? 'Cause it sure as hell sounds familiar. I found it funny that as opposed to restraining it, Monica simply "filled" little Swinub til it was full. Although, seeing Dawn's crew look P.O'ed over Swinub's "aggressive" appetite was funny as well.

Swinub seems to have the ability to ram objects made of a seemingly solid material and break right through; I guess hunger will do that to you.

I thought it was funny that when Team Rocket's discussing their plans to steal Mr. Backlots's Pokemon, they decide to avoid going for Swinub as to avoid any food loss of their own (at least they have valid reasons, then again, the reasons themselves shouldn't really be called "valid" in the first place). Also, it seems they loved Hunter J's "trophy case stasis container" design so much, they used it to create their own container.

Ash and Dawn either have very strong leg muscles, or Team Rocket's craft was little more than about 4-5 feet off the ground. Considering the gang's relative height, it makes sense. Add some wacky camera angles, and anything's possible.

I was rather happy to see that Jessie's using her Yanmega some now, instead of consistently relying on Seviper (she would have anyways... that's all she had after giving up Dustox).

Okay, when Swinub uses "Ice Shard" it looked more like "Ice Ball". Umm... where are the Shards? You know, it should look like an ice version of ember, though they're shaped like... shards. You know.

And last but not least, I'm not sure why, but the writers seem to favor the "open pokeball, you're caught" method of capture than the "I'll battle you to the end!" method of capture. Both Dawn and Ash had two early on (Starly, Turtwig, Buneary, Buizel... in that order). Everyone else was simply "okay, hop into the pokeball now. Yay, we're friends!". Not that I don't like it, it's just that I'd prefer to go with the tried and true "battle" formula that's made the series known world over.

Overall, I have to say that the basis for comedy wasn't bad, and that Swinub's antics (despite it's rare sightings) are pretty fun.

Not a bad ep. 7/10 (the Jabs were so worth it.)

When's the last time we actually saw a Team Rocket mech in an episode?
"Cream of the Croagunk." Exactly 1 episode ago. The mecha Croagunk? Yup.

~C_L~

dman_dustin

Okay, when Swinub uses "Ice Shard" it looked more like "Ice Ball". Umm... where are the Shards? You know, it should look like an ice version of ember, though they're shaped like... shards. You know.

Swinub's version of ice shard has always looked like that. May's Glaceon's ice shard is what you're referring to.

I'm going with "Certain moves are portrayed differently upon different species of Pokemon."

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I swear, people act like they are going to die if they don't get an episode every week.

No offense buy hey, got something against that? I feel like that as well, because Pokemon is mostly my entire life. It's important to me to see each new episode.

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
What I find ironic about this Swinub is that it has the habits of a Pokemon with the Gluttony ability, and yet it can't have that ability at all in the games. Although, it might have the characteristic, "Loves to eat."

Cobalt_Latios

Swinub's version of ice shard has always looked like that. May's Glaceon's ice shard is what you're referring to.

I'm going with "Certain moves are portrayed differently upon different species of Pokemon."
Okay, however I wasn't watching the Raw eps containing ol' glutton, so this marks the first time I've actually seen him use that attack.

I actually didn't realize what Swinub was using until after Dawn said what it was using. Oy, recognition ain't strong with me these days...

Actually, that was two episodes ago.
I only counted the episode in between; I didn't count the episode itself. Yeah, probably shouldn't be thinking so hard...

~C_L~

HoennMaster

No offense buy hey, got something against that?

Yes. It is just a TV show that airs for one half hour in a 168 hour week, it's barely there to begin with. Again, it is a TV show, not real, so it shouldn't be hard to wait an extra week. I admit I'm not a fan of breaks, but I don't complain about them.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode was ok but nothing too special.

Swinub literally becomes dead weight for the next 20 eps until it evolves anyway.

I found it funny that when all the Pokemon were captured by TR, Dawn looks at the apple and she only thinks of Piplup. LOL, she needs to stop favoring the penguin over all her other pokes.

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
It was a good episode. Especially with showing Backlot's super-cute pokemon. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that Swinub seemed to bond with Dawn just because it liked her poffins. She didn't even really befriend it because she was so worried about getting Piplup back.

AstralEon

The one and only.
Somewhat of a great episode I suppose....

Great to see Dawn befriending Swinub. Although it only joined just to have some more poffins. Poor Dawn is going to cook all day just to keep it happy.... For me, I think Swinub eats more than a Munchlax at his rate of eating.

The way how Dawn befriended Swinub seemed too simple to catch. Should had at least a battle or something.

I suspected more from Mr. Backlots Mansion. Well, looks like I thought wrong...

As for TRs Mech, that seemed way too advance for them to have. I mean, did you see the those high tech features they had? The barrier was OK, but the trap door hole was just a bit too much. I expected that from Hunter J.

Overall.... not much.

7/10

TeddiUrsa

I mean, the writers can't expect us to buy it off them that Dawn can win three remaining ribbons with four cuties and one half-cutie (Ambipom). I'm very sceptical, but nevertheless hope that my premonitions won't come true.

ONLY COOL AND BEASTY LOOKING POKÉMON CAN WIN BATTLES! YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

Just look how terrible Ash´s team is with his cute Pikachu, the cute monkey or the cute turtle. I bet he will never win!

If Ambipom had som kind of fangs and evil eyes it would be a lot more believable to see it win, I agree.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Good ep. I love Swinub, the voice was absolutely purrrrfect. Mr Backlot was funny as was Brock with Monica. 9/10 for me!