• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
"Hunting for your Dreams" is my favorite ending of all animes this spring anime season. < HXH's latest ending in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

I AGREE. For spring season anyways. Closely followed by Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? Of The Dead's ending song which surprisingly grew on me.

They're showing Kurapika's Nen education earlier than before. I recall that originally the reader knew absolutely nothing about his abilities when he first started using them. At least they stopped the flashback before it got to the important bits though. We still retain some element of mystery. Speaking of element of mystery, I think the way the new characters were introduced will make it a bit too obvious who the
'fake' applicants are.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Crud why did I click that spoiler I am stupid god dammit

Watching Kurapika has always been weird for me since I'm in love with Miyuki Sawashiro's voice. Sometimes I forget Kurapika's a guy. It's nice to see a shift from Gon and Killua after so long. I have to ask, does Leorio get a story arc too?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Watching Kurapika has always been weird for me since I'm in love with Miyuki Sawashiro's voice. Sometimes I forget Kurapika's a guy. It's nice to see a shift from Gon and Killua after so long.

I was surprised to see him have such a girly voice. I thought he sounded more like a man in earlier episodes. I must've forgotten that he sounded like that.

Vorux

Collector
im in the middle of watching this, think episode 27 im on, probally off by a few episodes as im watching 4 series at once :p
its awesome so far, Gon is so awesome, one of my fav people in it

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Oh so togashi's gonna write out the Kurta Clan's backstory in this movie huh. I'll definitely have to check it out then.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Ugh they ruined the scene where Kurapica blocks the bullets. It made more sense but it was so lazy the way they redid it.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/revl89/pics/kurapicachainso_ooo.gif[/IMG139]
It's just that the animation was way more choppy and quick in this fight then in the old version and didn't show off how the dowsing chain can auto deflect a lot of things.
And Yes Killua is always eccentric with his fashion choices.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
There are a lot of things I could point out they changed around that made something less impactful like certain sections of Hisoka vs Gon or even the changes clearly noticed in this scene. Not trying to be a sour grape though I do like this series and can't wait to see the unanimated arc. Hopefully the animation picks up for the next few episodes.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
There are a lot of things I could point out they changed around that made something less impactful like certain sections of Hisoka vs Gon or even the changes clearly noticed in this scene. Not trying to be a sour grape though I do like this series and can't wait to see the unanimated arc. Hopefully the animation picks up for the next few episodes.

That's fine, I like hearing the differences between versions.

I have no beef with the animation but my previous Hunter x Hunter experience is all from the manga (which I love), so I don't know how good the old anime is. My only real concern with how the adaptation is done is the way it keeps the violence so gore-free. It's okay now where there's only been the occasional bit where it's noticeable (like the butler getting riddled with bullets when Baise used him as a human shield. Looked weird with no blood) but I can't help but feel that it'll get really jarring when
things start getting really quite brutal very soon.

Side note, Crunchyroll's translation pissed me off this week. Usually I'm fine with it but who the hell calls a spy or an infiltrator a plant? Nobody, that's who! Because it sounds stupid! How are we supposed to take the situation seriously when the characters are standing around accusing one another of being plants with deadly straight faces?