• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hunters that may/should return for MP3

Zora

perpetually tired
Okay, since hunters are nearly confirmed, which one do you think will return and why?

Definite:
Noxus: There is a new Vho, and has some connection to him. Seems reasonable.

Sylux: No background story. It would be rather pointless to discount anything about him.

Weavel: He is a general after all, and the space pirate army probably wants a general.

Debateable:

Spire: His story was simple, but if his tribe fell due to Phazon, he might make a huge role.

Not returning:

Kandan: This guy was so minor and so simple. Someone created for the purpose of adding a new hunter.

Trace: Yes I know, he is popular, but here is a problem. Read his bio in the rulebook/guidebook/ect. and you will see a huge problem. His goal was going to be accomplished no matter what. Like Sylux, he seeked the power as an aid, not as a permanent weapon. If he could not get it, he would just go with his original plan-invasion. I think his story was short, simple, and wrapped up in the bio.

Okay, your thoughts on what who may come back...

(This is for Metroid Prime 3 btw)

Mikau

Better then you
I agree with you that Spire should make a comeback. Maybe if he comes back, we might be able to know what happened to his race.

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
Being part of the Space Pirates, Weavel has the best chance at returning.

Although I doubt any hunters besides Samus will be playable.

Golden Egg

Pokémon Breeder
None of them.
No Hunters at all>>>>New Hunters>Old Hunters

Shinin

Minimalist
I want all new ones. Also, who cares about the stories of Hunters' hunters? They probably just added them so that they wouldn't seem boring.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I'd actually like to see them make a comeback. There are ways that they could fit in the story and there are more technical reasons that they shouldn't. Like the fact that hunters was a spin-off game. But apparently there will be new hunters appearing in MP3. I saw a video of the demo at E3 and there was an ice hunter shooting ice at the pirates.

Zora

perpetually tired
Golden Egg said:
None of them.
No Hunters at all>>>>New Hunters>Old Hunters

A new hunter as been confirmed already. All we know/I remember is that he is a Vho (Noxus's race) and that he helps Samus. Sylux was left in the dust, and if our theory of who he is happens to be correct, then he will be a permanent character in the series of Metroid. (It is known as the Adam-Father theory, or something like that).

Weavel is a general, therefore it seems obvious he would lead the Space Pirate army. Plus has armor and stands out, a plus.

Blues

Monkey Dragon
Do we know if these hunters have any bearing on the story at all? I know it seems like a stupid question, but it could make all the difference.

If not, I'd like to see them all, really, in some boss battle for the hell of it.

Zora

perpetually tired
Sabata said:
Do we know if these hunters have any bearing on the story at all? I know it seems like a stupid question, but it could make all the difference.

If not, I'd like to see them all, really, in some boss battle for the hell of it.

Noxus is having an impact on the new hunter IIRC. That does not mean Noxus will appear, he may just be a simple reference.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
I heard that none of the Hunters from MPH would be in MP3...I cant remember where but I think it was confirmed in Nintendo Power.

~Scott;229;

Bulk

Defiantly bring Weavle back, he was brilliant. And if any come back, Trace will probably return due to his popularity. They'll come up with something new.

Golden Egg

Pokémon Breeder
A new hunter as been confirmed already. All we know/I remember is that he is a Vho (Noxus's race) and that he helps Samus. Sylux was left in the dust, and if our theory of who he is happens to be correct, then he will be a permanent character in the series of Metroid. (It is known as the Adam-Father theory, or something like that).

Weavel is a general, therefore it seems obvious he would lead the Space Pirate army. Plus has armor and stands out, a plus.

I know that a new Hunter has been confirmed.
Although I doubt any of the old Hunters will return, I mean, weren't they all killed by Gorea?

kingboo30

Dynamo Trainer
I know that a new Hunter has been confirmed.
Although I doubt any of the old Hunters will return, I mean, weren't they all killed by Gorea?

Beat the real final boss and you see their ships escaping oubliette. I highly doubt that their ships are self piloted.

Zora

perpetually tired
Defiantly bring Weavle back, he was brilliant. And if any come back, Trace will probably return due to his popularity. They'll come up with something new.

Here is something:

Trace comes back to his home to report an invision on the Alimbic Galaxy to find that his planat happens to be home of the Phazon seed. Then Trace and his allies help Samus to save their home. Possible, but unlikely. We know he is returning to his planat, so anything in MP3 related to that planat will direclty affect the 'war.'

Octillery

You're cool.
lawl Samus shud com bak </noobvoice>

But yeah. I bet Noxus will be referenced, but probably won't return unless its at the end of the game. Trace is popular but I highly doubt he'd return. Sylux still has an entire mystery behind him so I really think he'll be back. Spire is probably not going to return but I'd really like to see him. Weavel of course is a must because he's a Space Pirate =P

Kanden... no. Simple. He was just there to be another hunter. Thats what I think.