1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Hurricane Irene

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by AuraSphere, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ViperQueen

ViperQueen RAWR!!!

I hope everyone is okay. For those who are within the area take care.

2. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

Tell THAT to the 18 people who died and their famz!

3. CSolarstorm

CSolarstorm New spicy version

It's official, Profesco is more sturdy than a huge tree.

4. AuraSphere

AuraSphere TED <3

Correction: Profesco is more sturdy than a huge oak tree.

5. Dear Insanity

Dear Insanity above average

http://i56.*******.com/2e188m1.jpg

6. SouthParkPikachu

SouthParkPikachu Cartman <3

It missed us here in Nova scotia o_O we got wind and rain but it wasn't that bad.
    but one of my cousins who is in Quebec got hit by a falling tree and was sent to the hospital, i hope she doesn't die :'(

7. ScytheSwipe

ScytheSwipe Its whats for dinner

I am disappoint.

You also totally missed you chance to insert a spiderman meme!

So are we still getting the after after storms from Irene now further in land?

8. manaphy72

manaphy72 Well-Known Member

ok now there is a total of 26 people dead, they take this storm for granite. let them Rest In Piece

9. Sakuma

Sakuma Well-Known Member

Went right through the eye. no power outage or house flooding or nothing. Damage to my house is $0. I live in chesapeak, virginia for you wondering.

10. Vanilluxe

Vanilluxe Gear Grind~

It was supposed to be 'catastrophic' here in Boston....all we got were a few power outages, and some trees down.

Personally, I think they overhype it so you keep your eyes glued to the weather channels, to keep ratings up.

11. manaphy72

manaphy72 Well-Known Member

i dont think so, they want people to be safe, rather be safe then sorry right.

and the storm was catastrophic in virginia, and North Carolina, and in New york. a boy that was 11 years old died by a tree coming through his apartment and his mom was right across from him when it happened. so the storm was bad, and for all the people who say it wasnt your wrong.

go tell the 26 passed away people that they are babies or they overeact

12. Sakuma

Sakuma Well-Known Member

Or they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. they chose to stay at their house. They said evacuate. Plus i was in the middle of the hurricane next to a lake. my house is fine. I think they said that just to keep the hype up. or it is a rumor. Do you see them helping the bodies out on the news. no!

13. JD

JD Well-Known Member

I heard a lot of basements in Trenton got flooded I'm glad that my basement didn't are power just turned on a few minutes ago it was out all Sunday.

14. Travis Paquin

Travis Paquin Active Member

26 deaths already, that's bad. :/

15. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

Yeah, that's it.

People complain that it was hyped up to be such a big storm. The hell? Better safe than sorry. Then if you guys didn't get prior warning, and it was bad, you would all be complaining about that.

16. hurristat

hurristat New Member

As a hurricane enthusiast, I don't see the reason for the complaints for "overhype". Even if Irene were to come ashore as a weak tropical storm rather than a weak Category 2, it wouldn't have been "overhyped". Ultimately, it's better to be over-prepared and have it do nothing than to be under-prepared and have it flatten all houses within 30 miles of the center of the storm.

Furthermore, a Category 1 storm is nothing to be trifled with. It has sustained wind speeds of 75 mph (65 kt), with gusts up to 95 mph (85 kt). That's a lot of wind. Combine that with the torrential rain (Irene actually caused some 100-year floods in the Northeast), and a Category 1 is still a force of nature.

17. bobri28

bobri28 Get your snacks

So i would like to know (seeing I don't live in the USA) without reading 12 pages of thread just how strong it was and when the impacts were? Was it completely hyped up like our friend Yasi, should it have been hyped up?

18. SouthParkPikachu

SouthParkPikachu Cartman <3

oh thank god my cousin didn't get killed by it :O in my previous post i said that she got hit by a tree and i thought she was going to die but i found out this morning that she just got a broken leg o_O

19. AuraSphere

AuraSphere TED <3

12 pages won't kill you, you know...

20. ashhleeyy

ashhleeyy εμπιστοσύνη

The paper this morning says the death toll is up to 40 now. The sad thing is, it's in a small article at the bottom of the front page. Obviously the midwest was going to be unaffected by the hurricane but in no way do I see the Wisconsin recall elections to be appropriately dominating our front pages (still) when a section of our country just went through another natural disaster. Off to the interweb for more details.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011