• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hurricane Sandy

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
Hello everyone, Kill and Run here. I have another RMT for you all. As oppose to the Sun team I posted a long time ago, this drizzle team will make you wish Volc was uber ;).

Now I know a lot of people are going to be like, WAIT KAR where is your rapid spinner?! Well I like to play risky sometimes ;). LOL​

Lets get started

Well of course you can't have a Rain Team without Drizzle, so Politoed is a must.
25tj8nl.png

Politoed
Special Attacker
Leftovers
Drizzle
Modest
Moveset EVs
~ Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam
~ Focus Blast
~ Perish Song
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA

I gave it this set as its the most standard set in the Metagame for Politoed. I opted out HP grass for Focus Blast for a harder hit, as long as it doesn't miss and to take out Ferrothorns. Perish Song is for the major threats. Hydropump will hit hard with STAB and more damage while rain is up.

Up next we have Toxicroak!
tumblr_md34031A2s1rek9c2o1_400.png

Toxicroak
Bulk Up
Black Sludge
Dry Skin
Adamant
Moveset EVs
~ Bulk Up
~ Drain Punch
~ Sucker Punch
~ Substitute
244 HP / 132 Atk / 120 Def / 12 Spe
Toxicroak can be a major threat to your team while Rain is up! With healing power from Dry Skin and Black Sludge combined, having a Sub up will help it set up and heal at the same time! I chose Sucker Punch > Ice punch for the obvious Psychic weakness that Toxicroak holds. This also lets me scout to see if the opponent is going to attack or use a non-attacking move. While under Sub it is more likely that the Opponent is going to attack to break the Sub making Sucker Punch quite usefull. Drain Punch is pretty standard to heal more life and take care of ground type Pokemon that could hit Toxicroak hard with an EQ. Bulk Up allows it to set up its atk/def for an early/late game sweep.

Up next we got that stay hydrated wall, VAPOREON!
http://i39.*******.com/2znuwyx.png

Vaporeon
Hydration Wall
Leftovers
Hydration
Bold
Moveset EVs
~ Rest
~ Scald
~ Wish
~ Toxic
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe

Who needs Chesto Berry when you can take full advantage of Vaporeon's ability Hydration!? With excellent Devensive and HP stats, this Pokemon can be a huge threat to Physical Attackers. Rest is the obvious for self healing any damage/statuses done to Vap. Hydration allows it to wake back up while in the Rain. Scald is for the added burn effect on those physical attackers, as well as do some Stab damage. I chose Wish>Roar to support my team and Toxic to deal major poison damage to threats. Without a doubt, Vaporeon can and will be a major annoyance to any team that faces it.

ms_paint__ferrothorn_by_pokebreeder123-d39s5bh.png

Ferrothorn? Wynaut! ;)

Ferrothorn
Standard
Leftovers
Relaxed
Moveset IVs
~ Stealth Rock
~ Leech Seed
~ Power Whip
~ Gyro Ball
0 Spe
EVs
252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
It wouldn't be cliche if I didnt put this in a rain team. A basic spdef wall, Ferrothorn is able to take those special attacks like a boss. Fire pokemon don't do as much damage now that rain is up allowing to set up Leech Seed or even Rocks for a free turn. Power Whip is pretty standard as it's Ferrothorn's most Physical attack, and Gyro Ball is for those fastmons that cause too much havoc. Power to the Slowpoke! Well, in this case slowmon. haha.

Up next VOLC!!!

volcarona_not_impressed_by_doomdrao-d3gmevy.png

Volcorona

Hurricane
Life Orb
Timid
Moveset EVs
~ Quiver Dance
~ Bug Buzz
~ Hurricane
~ Hidden Power Water
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

The powerful special sweeper, Volcarona!!! Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz to set up a powerful sweep. Hurricane to take full use of the rain and hurt those Terrakions that might switch in. I chose HP water > Fire blast in this set for obvious reasons. IT'S A RAIN TEAM! lol. Other than that, this is basically set up and sweep as early as you can while taking full advantage of rain!

LAST but not LEAST!! Terrakion!!!
BS82z.png

Terrakion

Choice Band
Jolly
Moveset EVs
~ Close Combat
~ Stone Edge
~ X-Scissor
~ Sacred Sword
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

I needed a filler honestly, and I thought why not a more heavier hitter physically. So I chose Terrakion. Choice band Terrakion hits hard and sends them crying. The set is pretty much standard and there's no honest point of elaborating, but I chose Jolly > Adamant to give it more speed. Why? Well because chances are they didn't have a rapid spinner, and with Rocks up, I should still be able to KO virtually anything that steps into the match.

Well, with that said, I hope you enjoyed the team. Please rate and comment with positive/negative feedback. Also, please DON'T SAY YOU NEED A RAPID SPINNER! Because I already clarified that in the beginning.

Thanks for your time!

~KAR

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Nice team! I do have a few thing to say.

As much as I like terrakion, I think it could be replaced, since it gets very little rain benefit. If you want a pokemon to sweep late game, try Keldeo, scarfed or Specs. This is the set I use.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Also, try specs toed with HP grass rather then Perish song, it's a better special attacker that way.

HP ghost to stop Jelli and Lati twins with Keldeo.

I also think you may want to use the below set for Toxicroak, it's better at sweeping.

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker punch
- Ice punch

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Nice team! I do have a few thing to say.

As much as I like terrakion, I think it could be replaced, since it gets very little rain benefit. If you want a pokemon to sweep late game, try Keldeo, scarfed or Specs. This is the set I use.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Also, try specs toed with HP grass rather then Perish song, it's a better special attacker that way.

HP ghost to stop Jelli and Lati twins with Keldeo.

I also think you may want to use the below set for Toxicroak, it's better at sweeping.

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker punch
- Ice punch

1) Just because something benefits from the weather more doesn't mean you should use it. You don't see people saying, "Well right now you have Choice Scarf Keldeo as a late game cleaner, but you should use Stoutland because it gets Sand Rush," on sand teams.
2) You've obviously never heard of the Terrakion x Volcarona core, which is very effective atm because of Scizor's popularity. Keldeo will not preform the same function as Terrakion in this team.
3) That Toxicroak set is generally used as the main sweeper of a team, and to get rid of Landorus-T, which doesn't need to be dead for Volcarona, his main sweeper, to sweep. This set functions as more of a check to the Lati's by using Substitute to make Sucker Punch easier. Volcarona enjoys having the Lati's gone since Scarf sets beat it at +1 in rain.

Now onto my actual rate, I say keep the Politoed set. If you do want to ditch Perish Song though, use Toxic over it so you can have another way to combat Jellicent, who is a big threat to this team. Toxicroak's good for the team, nice bulky sweeper that can help Volcarona sweep later. Even though you said in the OP you aren't using a Rapid Spinner since you like to take risks, I really feel Life Orb Analytic Starmie will benifit your team more than Vaporeon, as it has good defensive synergy with Ferrothorn, gives you a spinner, which even though you said not to tell you this, is really just an added bonus for what else Starmie adds to the team: A way to lure in and eliminate Jellicent with an LO Analytic boosted Thunder. It also gives you some more help with Dragons, which can be problematic if Ferro is weakened, but all in all shouldn't be much of a problem. Ferrothorn looks good, although you might want to try to replace one of the attacks with Spikes to aid Volcarona. Volcarona itself looks good. For Terrakion, I'd replace Sacred Sword with Quick Attack to give you another form of priority, and to finish off some weakened threats. Alternatively, I might try Double Dance Terrakion over your current set with a Rock Gem to help with the Lati's and to make sure you lure in Scizor to give Volcarona its set-up opportunity. It can also function as a good backup sweeper to Volcarona. That's about all I have, good luck with the team!

Minedreigon

1) Just because something benefits from the weather more doesn't mean you should use it. You don't see people saying, "Well right now you have Choice Scarf Keldeo as a late game cleaner, but you should use Stoutland because it gets Sand Rush," on sand teams.
2) You've obviously never heard of the Terrakion x Volcarona core, which is very effective atm because of Scizor's popularity. Keldeo will not preform the same function as Terrakion in this team.
3) That Toxicroak set is generally used as the main sweeper of a team, and to get rid of Landorus-T, which doesn't need to be dead for Volcarona, his main sweeper, to sweep. This set functions as more of a check to the Lati's by using Substitute to make Sucker Punch easier. Volcarona enjoys having the Lati's gone since Scarf sets beat it at +1 in rain.

Now onto my actual rate, I say keep the Politoed set. If you do want to ditch Perish Song though, use Toxic over it so you can have another way to combat Jellicent, who is a big threat to this team. Toxicroak's good for the team, nice bulky sweeper that can help Volcarona sweep later. Even though you said in the OP you aren't using a Rapid Spinner since you like to take risks, I really feel Life Orb Analytic Starmie will benifit your team more than Vaporeon, as it has good defensive synergy with Ferrothorn, gives you a spinner, which even though you said not to tell you this, is really just an added bonus for what else Starmie adds to the team: A way to lure in and eliminate Jellicent with an LO Analytic boosted Thunder. It also gives you some more help with Dragons, which can be problematic if Ferro is weakened, but all in all shouldn't be much of a problem. Ferrothorn looks good, although you might want to try to replace one of the attacks with Spikes to aid Volcarona. Volcarona itself looks good. For Terrakion, I'd replace Sacred Sword with Quick Attack to give you another form of priority, and to finish off some weakened threats. Alternatively, I might try Double Dance Terrakion over your current set with a Rock Gem to help with the Lati's and to make sure you lure in Scizor to give Volcarona its set-up opportunity. It can also function as a good backup sweeper to Volcarona. That's about all I have, good luck with the team!

Why give terrakion quick attack? That move is a terrible move to be choice locked into. The double dance one sounded good.

I still think, despite any "core" that terrakion is most likely replaceable, more likely with Keldeo, since in rain Keldeo highly out performs terrakion. I also think that something could replace vaporeon, like a better wall and hazard setter, so give Tentacruel a try.

Tentacruel @ Black sludge
Trait: Rain dish
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 18 Spe
Timid nature
- Rapid spin /Toxic spikes? (You said no rapid spin)
- Toxic
- Scald
- Protect

It serves great to take hard hits from powerfull pokemon, and it also serves very well as a toxic staller in rain due to massive HP recovery. I also think analytic starmie is kinda bad, since its very fast and doesn't take hits too well, so if you use starmie, stick with natural cure. Also, keep sacred sword, without it it's hard to stop pokemon with increased defence, since sacred sword ignores these changes, and quick attack does not, plus you are pretty fast anyway.

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
On phone so no quotes
@Mine
I really just find it more useful that Sacred Sword since it gives you a way to revenge kill threats that can bypass Sucker Punch. You shouldn't use it early/mid game dice it is a bad move to get locked into. But it is a nice move to have because there will always be a moment where you wish you were running it.

@Guywhonegreooedlastpost
The difference between the sweeper I criticized and the one I suggested is that his changes an integral part of the team, while mine retains that important core, while also giving him another option to fall back on. There's also a difference between being a hypocrit and knowing what a Pokemon does and is good at, as well as knowing popular good cores and having a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about. Idk whether you're just butthurt or what lol :/

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
I could try a starmie, only thing with rapid spinning now a days it seems a lot of people use Gengar to block rapid spin. As far as the Quick attack on Terrakion, I thought about keeping it, but a lot more prediction would be involved in ensuring I have at least 2 more pokemon alive still while he finishes off a last pokemon on the opposing team. But I may try the Starmie instead of Vaporeon just for those Gengar's as it also learns Psychic.

@Minedreigon: I see what you mean with Keldeo, but Keldeo is usually only good when Scarfed or Specs and having two Choiced Pokemon on a team seems a little too much considering the team is based on setting up sweeping or late game sweeping and keeping choiced pokemon alive while hazards are on the field seems a lot more difficult especially when opting out a rapid spinner.
The Toxicroak I would like to keep the Bulk Up on it as it helps increase a frail defensive Pokemon to take Physical hits while sweep at the same time.

Thank you guys for the comments!! Keep them rolling.

Minedreigon

I could try a starmie, only thing with rapid spinning now a days it seems a lot of people use Gengar to block rapid spin. As far as the Quick attack on Terrakion, I thought about keeping it, but a lot more prediction would be involved in ensuring I have at least 2 more pokemon alive still while he finishes off a last pokemon on the opposing team. But I may try the Starmie instead of Vaporeon just for those Gengar's as it also learns Psychic.

@Minedreigon: I see what you mean with Keldeo, but Keldeo is usually only good when Scarfed or Specs and having two Choiced Pokemon on a team seems a little too much considering the team is based on setting up sweeping or late game sweeping and keeping choiced pokemon alive while hazards are on the field seems a lot more difficult especially when opting out a rapid spinner.
The Toxicroak I would like to keep the Bulk Up on it as it helps increase a frail defensive Pokemon to take Physical hits while sweep at the same time.

Thank you guys for the comments!! Keep them rolling.

I still think it's a great idea, Keldeo will be the only choice pokemon if you replace terrakion, plus it removes gengar with HP ghost.

Why not replace vaporeon with Tornadus? It can hurricane spam and gets priority tailwind, which really benefits a sweeper team like this.

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 SAtk / 4 Atk
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Tailwind