• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hurry Up! Operation: Rescue Lusamine!! (996)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hurry Up! Operation: Rescue Lusamine!!

Ash & co. have gone to Ultra Space on Solgaleo in order to find Lusamine, however to their surprise they find Lusamine has been enveloped by Nihilego and have to face off against her and the other Ultra Beasts, but with Lusamine's Pokémon strengthened by the Ultra Energy, they face a tougher battle than they had initially thought

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
It seems that Gladion maybe is explaining the reason behind why Lusamine is running away after the fuse.

Kiawe stays behind to handle Lusamine's Salazzle.

Lana, Sophocles and Mallow stays behind to face Lusamine's Milotic, Misdreavus and Lilligant. A bit later Ash's Rowlet and Litten come to help them.

Gladion stays behind to face Absol.

Lillie stays behind to handle Clefable and Ash's Dusk Lycanroc stays to help her. Lillie near the end manages to free Clefable from the effects of the UB's power, and returns it to normal.

Ash heads forward to chase after Lusamine.

Last edited:

Jamesrath

Wait, was Umbreon in a Heal Ball? Didn't expect that.

Remeber way back when there was a flashback of Gladion as a kid finding an injured Eevee outdoors and he brought it back to the mansion. That Eevee was caught in a Heal Ball in order to save it and eventually evolved into Umbreon.

I must say, I really appreciate the continuity and attention to detail the writers are putting into this season.

Rohanator

It seems that Gladion maybe is explaining the reason behind why Lusamine is running away after the fuse.
Yes, basically Nihilego is tapping into her life long desire of meeting an Ultra Beast and making her act like a child protective of its new favourite toy, so yeah it’s kinda like the games where Nihilego amplifies a person’s already existing qualities, just with a different result. She's not evil but she clearly has some issues and I hope they'll further explore them past this arc, probably has something to do with Mohn's disappearance.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Good climax episode overall, I enjoyed it really in some parts, but some parts were underwhelming too.

The parts I really liked:

Lana, Mallow, Sophocles and Kiawe all got to play a good part in the confrontation with the mind controlled Pokemon, with Rowlet and Litten helping. Kiawe launching a badass Inferno Overdrive!!! Dusk Lycanroc getting a good fight with Clefable and saving Liliie from its attacks. And Liliie, just WOW!!!!!! Her character development has reached its absolute peak! The way she ran into Clefable's Dazzling Gleam and managed to tame it......just mind-boggling! Is this the same shy girl, afraid of touching Pokemon we used to see earlier? All hail Queen Lillie!!!!!! And lastly, Ash commanding Solgaleo to use a move! :D

The parts I didn't like:

Rowlet being attracted towards Lilligant's aroma. Seriously writers, shoehorning comedy moments even in the climax fight!? And Gladion's role.....WTF!?!?!? He basically did nothing in this episode. What's the point of him being a powerful trainer and an important character in the Aether arc, with Silvally being hyped up at the Beast slayer? All his Pokemon did in this episode was getting freezed/intimidated by Lusamine's Absol. Unless Gladion and Silvally get to play a really good part in the next episode, this would be a really negative aspect of this episode.

Overall, the positives outweigh the negatives by far in this episode. So 8/10!

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Remeber way back when there was a flashback of Gladion as a kid finding an injured Eevee outdoors and he brought it back to the mansion. That Eevee was caught in a Heal Ball in order to save it and eventually evolved into Umbreon.

I must say, I really appreciate the continuity and attention to detail the writers are putting into this season.

I don't think that episode ever mentioned that Eevee was caught in a Heal Ball.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I found this episode quite... mixed tbh. There were some good parts, but there were parts that were disappointing and didn't make sense.

Firstly, Lillie was so scared of even one Nihilego in episode 50, to the point that her mother had to protect her. Yet, somehow she's suddenly ok when seeing multiple Nihilego? I don't buy that simply having the urge to save her mother got rid of her fear, but ok then. Also, nearly the first 10 minutes was them really chasing after Lusamine.

I did like that the classmates participated as well, but I personally found it quite unbelievable how for a bunch of Pokémon that really don't battle and do much, they were easily able to cope and overpower Lusamine's Pokémon, who furthermore had Totem boosts. And this is made to look more ridiculous, given that Gladion actually struggled against Absol, and he's definitely stronger than Sophocles, Lana and Mallow put together. I did enjoy that Inferno Overdrive from Kiawe though.

It was nice seeing Lycanroc blocking that Moonblast and staying alongside Lillie.

OK, I know I'm definitely going to receive a lot of hate for this, but I was really less than impressed with the whole Lillie calming Clefable part. Yeah sure, the power of friendship has been a theme for 20 years now, so even though it's super predictable, I can understand why they use it. But in Lillie's case, other than learning once that Lillie loved her Clefairy and was upset that it evolved, we never knew anything beyond that. Yet, this scene makes it seem like Lillie and Clefable's bond was as close as Ash and Pikachu's, eventhough we've never seen them at all. A few flashbacks trying to depict their closeness doesn't cut it.

So, overall I give this episode 6/10. It wasn't bad, but kind of underwhelming, especially the first 9 minutes or so being a chase scene, and my dislike of the whole Lillie and Clefable scene, and unbelievable part of how Sophocles, Lana and Mallow were so competently handling the Beast Boosted Pokémon. Gladion didn't have much of a role either. I did enjoy however Kiawe's part in this, and his Inferno Overdrive knocking out Salazzle.

Last edited:

Rohanator

I think the Mallow/Lana/Soph thing is good because Rowlet and Litten actually had to come save them. Like yea they blocked some attacks they probably shouldn't be able to but I'd never expect THAT level of "power scaling consistency" from Pokemon lol (also they've probably been grinding ever since the Kanto arc, I'd expect some kind of "This is the result of our training" scene when they somehow overcome them next episode).

But yeah the big Lillie scene definitely could've used better build up, that was my main issue last week as well (not with her specifically but Nebby in general).

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I think the Mallow/Lana/Soph thing is good because Rowlet and Litten actually had to come save them. Like yea they blocked some attacks they probably shouldn't be able to but I'd never expect THAT level of "power scaling consistency" from Pokemon lol (also they've probably been grinding ever since the Kanto arc, I'd expect some kind of "This is the result of our training" scene when they somehow overcome them next episode).

Most likely the reason for Rowlet and Litten (and Rotom) backing them up is to showcase that they are still immature as trainers.

While Kiawe, Gladion and Ash can handle themselves, those three needed help to get used to real battling (they maybe have trained, but training is always different from real deal).

As for the "This is the result of our training" scene, i doubt it would happen considering that they have to rely on back-up from Ash's Pokemon.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
based on what I've seen so far I'm not disappointed. The music was on point, the battles were cool, looked fantastic, and had good tension, and characters like Kiawe and Lillie really got to shine this episode. Also, new animation for Pikachu's Thunderbolt? Maybe foreshadowing the ten-million Volts Thunderbolt? They didn't use the regular banked animation for it. On the negatives, there were some odd animation quirks in between the battles that were a bit off, which surprised me since this season has had stellar animation throughout. Also, Rotom Dex examining Mismagius, Milotic, and Lilligant really broke the pacing of the fight and was out-of-place. Rotom's quirky behaviour can be played for comedy very well, but this was not the time for that. I understand that this is the first time we're really seeing these pokémon in the Sun/Moon series, but I think keeping them a bit more mysterious for new viewers would've worked better. Lillie's bond with Clefable deserved a bit more foreshadowing I think. I understand that that wasn't easy given how strained the relationship between Lillie and her mother was, but the episode where Nebby teleported Lillie and Ash around to rekindle her memories would've been perfect to show that bond a bit more, as in, add the scenes you flashed back in 53 to that earlier episode. Finally, where did the Tapus go? Suddenly Burnet and Kukui were alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rajas

Well the episode was okay, some of the points I took away from the episode and things I found cool:-

Props to Lusamine for having six amazing Pokemon, she should enter some leagues eh.

I need to in case there is an explanation as to the aura around Lusamine's Pokemon. I assume it because they're under control but it's the same aura as Totem Pokemon no?

Interesting only Kiawe used his Z move so far, I guess everyone else will use theirs next week to end all the battles.

Lillie's talk to snap Clefable out of the control was expected. Rowlet and heart eyes was also expected.

This is the first time in ages we've seen Rowlet come out of his Pokeball and not Ash's bag if I'm not mistaken as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohanator

Most likely the reason for Rowlet and Litten (and Rotom) backing them up is to showcase that they are still immature as trainers.

While Kiawe, Gladion and Ash can handle themselves, those three needed help to get used to real battling (they maybe have trained, but training is always different from real deal).

As for the "This is the result of our training" scene, i doubt it would happen considering that they have to rely on back-up from Ash's Pokemon.
Yeah, but they'll probably do something to prove themselves next episode. Like to make up that they needed to be saved here.

Though I could also see this being motivation for them to train harder for the next villain arc and proving themselves there.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I enjoyed the episode. Everyone fighting their own opponent and Lillie touching her old Clefable's heart, not wanting to battle it, with her love and memories overpowered the toxins or whatever that was corrupting Clefable. The only thing I didn't like was the slight comedic moment of Rowlet hugging Lilligant after it used Sweet Scent. I don't know, I just kind of wished it went off more serious given the situation but I guess there has to be some break from all the tension. Ash's Pokémon are always there to help out (Litten and Rowlet with Mallow, Lana, and Sophocles and Lycanroc with Lillie.) :) I did wish that Ash fought the Absol instead of Gladion. Overall, I like how everyone played a part. I really enjoyed Kiawe's battle as well as the 3 v 3 battle with Mallow/Lana/Sophocles before Rowlet broke the tension. Gladion is really getting his butt kicked by that Absol. I'm hoping the siblings do a lot more in the next episode and don't leave it to Ash to solve the issue.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Going into this episode, based on the previews, I thought Lusamine would be fighting Nihilego's mind control, but instead, it seems Nihilego was tapping into Lusamine's life-long desire to meet an Ultra Beast. She shouted at Ash, Lillie, and the others to stay away because she wanted to "protect" her new favorite toy, not because she wanted to protect her children. Essentially, Nihilego is doing what it did in the games—amplifying Lusamine's already-existing qualities—but with slightly different results, and I'm okay with that.

It was nice to see the classmates play active roles. I was skeptical of Lana, Mallow, and Sophocles being able to take on Milotic, Lilligant, and Mismagius, since none of them have much battle experience, but Litten and Rowlet stepping in to help out made up for that. I expected Kiawe to be able to hold his own against Salazzle. I was surprised that Gladion struggled against Absol, but on the other hand, we saw very little of that battle. Hopefully, Gladion will get more focus in the next episode. I do have to wonder, though, why Gladion didn't send Silvally ahead with Ash and Lillie, since its job is to battle Ultra Beasts.

While I do like that Lillie was able to calm down Clefable with the Power of Love and Friendship, I think Lillie's bond with Clefable should have received more focus before now. We knew she was fond of Clefairy and was upset her mother evolved it into Clefable, but that was the extent of our knowledge of Lillie's relationship with Clefable. That scene would have had more emotional impact if we had seen more flashbacks of their relationship.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So quite a disappointing episode tbh. The cast didn't get to do much other than those lousy battles, Kiawe obvs just finished off with z-move. The other three of course got backed up by Litten and Rowlet, which was again disappointing. Why does this season have to have the weakest crew? It has the best (subjective) characters, and I'd like to see them do something impressive..

Gladion stayed back to face absol and doesn't seem to have any sense of typing.... Lycanroc not having a good battle with Clefable at all, it was basically all Lillie. Ash saying "Solgaleo!" every time Solgaleo moves is just annoying, like ya we get it Ash you took care of him since Nebby, you have a legendary friend, good job.

The one good thing I got out of this... I now ship Suiren and Gladion :p

Uhm hopefully Lillie keeps Clefable after this? That's all I can think of.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Honestly, what about the numbers game? Kiawe had both Turtonator and Marowak to face Salazzle. Gladion has Umbreon, Lycanroc and a Silvally to face a single Absol. Meanwhile, Lana, Sophocles and Mallow have a Popplio, Steenee, Togedemaru and Charjabug to face Milotic, Mismagius and Lilligant. Of course those three would have the hardest time because they're in a 4vs3 fight, whereas Gladion is 3vs1 and Kiawe is 2vs1.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Lusamine's fusion with Nihilego is once again okay with me, soley because they (smartly) didn't go with the mind control plot and did something orginal. I like how the SM cast was also battling and didn't (unbelievably) beat Lusamine's Pokémon and instead played to their strengths to counter their moves. I didn't mind Lillie's and Clefable's power of friendship moment due to the fact it was simply just implied that Lillie raised it for Lusamine and seemed quite upset when it evolved, so I expected them to be close. A whole back story would of been overkill to be honest and I would of found it useless and time consuming. Especially since they were busy going into detail about Lillie's back story concerning her fear.

Last edited: