• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hurry Up! Operation: Rescue Lusamine!! (996)

andrewscott48209

I finally gotten to this watch episode. I have no words for it, it was great and it kept me on the edge of my seat. It was so intense from beginning to end and I really loved it.

As everyone predicted, Lusamine is being possessed by Nihilego. I honestly felt bad for Lillie and Gladion at the beginning. I know they are going to be able to snap her out of it soon enough and I really cannot wait for that to happen.

All of Ash’s classmates are battling all of Lusamine’s Pokemon. I’m glad they had them doing this instead of just having them follow around Ash and do nothing.

The main part of the episode that really stood out to me is Lillie getting through to Lusamine’s Clefable. That scene was brilliantly done. It was clear to see that Lillie really cares for Clefable. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole entire scene, especially when Lillie was hugging Clefable while its attack, I think it was Dazzling Gleam, was around the two of them. I was in awe throughout that whole scene, I just loved it.

I, of course, only have one complaint about it and that is, of course, Team Rocket. What was the point of them being in it? After last weeks episode, it seems unnecessary to have them in it, especially since Bewear was pretty much telling them not intrude on what Ash and his classmates were doing. I just don’t get why they have to be in every episode.

All that being said, this episode was great. The only only about it I didn’t like was Team Rocket but the rest of them made up for that, in my eyes. I cannot wait to watch the next episode, especially because Ash is getting the Pikashium Z.

I give this an episode a 9/10. It was great. That’s all I have to say.

I think Team Rocket was trying to make a retreat, but Bewear stopped them. Which makes me wonder what may have happened with Bewear. Maybe it lost a human or pokémon to an ultra beast, which could answer why Bewear took a liking to Team Rocket.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
also, I've been wondering since the games, but what's up with lusamine's hair when she's fused with nihilego? It's just weird

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
also, I've been wondering since the games, but what's up with lusamine's hair when she's fused with nihilego? It's just weird

I assume it's Nihilego's biology. After all, this is a fusion.

Red Tiger 12

Wandering Trainer

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
I know this may seem like a moot point; but is it me, or are they speeding through the Sun and Moon plot at an absurdly fast rate? Even accounting for the endgame plot (Necrozma and Rainbow Rocket) if it appears in the anime, at the rate it's going it will be done in like half a year's time.

Considering the fact that there's no inclination that they are planning on introducing Generation VIII, nor cutting the 3 year cycle down to 2, this seems awfully rushed, especially compared to previous series. There's even no mentioning of Guzma, Plumeria, or even other Hau, the other Kahuna and the other Trial Captains that haven't made an appearance yet.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I know this may seem like a moot point; but is it me, or are they speeding through the Sun and Moon plot at an absurdly fast rate? Even accounting for the endgame plot (Necrozma and Rainbow Rocket) if it appears in the anime, at the rate it's going it will be done in like half a year's time.

Considering the fact that there's no inclination that they are planning on introducing Generation VIII, nor cutting the 3 year cycle down to 2, this seems awfully rushed, especially compared to previous series. There's even no mentioning of Guzma, Plumeria, or even other Hau, the other Kahuna and the other Trial Captains that haven't made an appearance yet.

There's six more UBs that have yet to appear in person. And who knows where the four introduced in USUM will fit in.

If anything, they're doing the Motherbeast arc because it focuses on the first UB.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls

While this does indeed seem absurdly quick, I'm assuming they must have a plan here. Maybe Gen 8 really is coming already next year, and they wanted to cover both the Sun & Moon endgame and have arcs based on USUM, and so they had to pick up the pace? Plus we've already seen that Kukui intends to create an Alola League, so perhaps after this we'll start to see Satoshi make completing the Island Trials an actual priority as opposed to just... something he does every now and then whenever he wants a new Z-Crystal?
Although, if Guzma is ever going to play a significant role in the series, then I find it weird that they haven't introduced him already. I mean, we've literally got legendary Pokémon and traveling to other dimensions right now, I feel like going back to the Skull Gang being ineffective thugs after this would seem... absurdly underwhelming.

But yeah, my guesses: We're still getting a Necrozma arc, an Alola League arc and possibly some sort of Skull Gang arc though that will probably be taken a lot less seriously. And depending on when the Switch game comes out, this might all have to be done in one year, in which case the current pacing makes a lot more sense.

p96822

Evolve me please
Lillie battle with Clefable was kinda rushed and like the whole thing with Lusmine it should have been an episode all to itself to make it more emotional then it was.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Lillie battle with Clefable was kinda rushed and like the whole thing with Lusmine it should have been an episode all to itself to make it more emotional then it was.

You want them to fill up an entire episode of trying to convince a single Pokemon to come to its senses?

That sounds incredibly boring.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
No! I mean have an episode focusing on Lillie bonding with clefable as it’s own episode

I'm not really sure how you could execute that. Clefable is Lusamine's pokémon, not Lillie's, and Lillie's relationship with her mother was already strained at the start of the season.

p96822

Evolve me please
I'm not really sure how you could execute that. Clefable is Lusamine's pokémon, not Lillie's, and Lillie's relationship with her mother was already strained at the start of the season.

What I mean is that they could made an episode where Lillie unstained her relationship with her mom and Clefable before Lusamine got kidnapped by Nihilego

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
What I mean is that they could made an episode where Lillie unstained her relationship with her mom and Clefable before Lusamine got kidnapped by Nihilego
All we really needed were a few more flashbacks to the time Lillie spent with Clefairy/Clefable. Prior to this episode, the only mention of Clefable was Lillie using Lusamine evolving Clefairy into Clefable as an example of how Lusamine does whatever she wants without considering her daughter's feelings (since Lillie wanted to raise Clefairy as a Clefairy). While Lillie snapping Clefable out of its mind control with the Power Love/Friendship was sweet and cute, it would have been more meaningful if we, the audience, had seen more of their relationship beforehand, even if all we saw were flashbacks.

johno1995

While this does indeed seem absurdly quick, I'm assuming they must have a plan here. Maybe Gen 8 really is coming already next year, and they wanted to cover both the Sun & Moon endgame and have arcs based on USUM, and so they had to pick up the pace? Plus we've already seen that Kukui intends to create an Alola League, so perhaps after this we'll start to see Satoshi make completing the Island Trials an actual priority as opposed to just... something he does every now and then whenever he wants a new Z-Crystal?
Although, if Guzma is ever going to play a significant role in the series, then I find it weird that they haven't introduced him already. I mean, we've literally got legendary Pokémon and traveling to other dimensions right now, I feel like going back to the Skull Gang being ineffective thugs after this would seem... absurdly underwhelming.

But yeah, my guesses: We're still getting a Necrozma arc, an Alola League arc and possibly some sort of Skull Gang arc though that will probably be taken a lot less seriously. And depending on when the Switch game comes out, this might all have to be done in one year, in which case the current pacing makes a lot more sense.

I was thinking the same thing in regards to Team Skull, but we saw how poorly-translated Team Plasma was to the anime. Maybe they'll have Team Skull tie into a potential Necrozma/Rainbow Rocket arc somehow? I would hate to see them be a loose thread since we saw them often early on in the series just for them to disappear. It would be strange, but we have seen stranger.

p96822

Evolve me please
All we really needed were a few more flashbacks to the time Lillie spent with Clefairy/Clefable. Prior to this episode, the only mention of Clefable was Lillie using Lusamine evolving Clefairy into Clefable as an example of how Lusamine does whatever she wants without considering her daughter's feelings (since Lillie wanted to raise Clefairy as a Clefairy). While Lillie snapping Clefable out of its mind control with the Power Love/Friendship was sweet and cute, it would have been more meaningful if we, the audience, had seen more of their relationship beforehand, even if all we saw were flashbacks.

Yes this is what I was talking about. If we had more time. The Writers could have more even more emotionally for the viewer and the character. Also I think Lillie got Clefable out of it's mind control too easliy and could have been more of a stuggle for Lillie make it better

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy

If that is the case, then it does beg the question on how good the next generation will be if they are going to shorten the cycle down to 2. And yeah I do get there being only one UB appearing so far, but it doesn't really account as to the feeling that certain key characters are not going to appear in the anime, which feels pretty odd in all honesty. It just feels like they are pretty much skimming over plot details because they don't consider them to be as important as ones they are focusing on, which is personally a bummer to me. I honestly think that a rivalry between Ash and Hau would be really interesting to watch.

SONW

So the complaints here were about the best part of the episode?

The anime did a more subjective job here, did not put things in our face in this case.

Lillie's love for Clefairy / Clefable has been explored literally since the series began. Through the Clefairy doll (The first apparition was with the lure clefairy-EP005)). Many said that the doll's parting was just a reference to the games, but the thing was very different from that.
The doll has always had a sense of security for her (The fact that she sleeps with the doll confirms this). So Clefairy appears from the beginning in an indirect way.

Another mistake is to say that the thing has only been explored in two episodes. The "aether" arc was developing this all the time! And again it is by the doll that this is done (after all, clefable was not with Lillie).

A very important thing here, is that Clefairy does not represent just a pokémon that Lillie loves. She is extremely attached to the relationship between Lillie and Lusamine. The bad feelings that Lillie feels for Lusamine are related to the attention that Lusamine failed to give her (for being too busy). Lillie misses a lot of the time they play and they were happy, and clefairy (and the doll) became a big symbol of that time. (When Lillie is thinking about her mother in episode 48, she's cuddled with the doll before going to out of home). Lillie's discussion with Lusamine about the evolution of Clefairy could be explained by the feeling of rejection of change (in relation to each other) that occurred shortly after Clefairy evolved((Even though in episode 045 it gave the impression that she had been irritated with Lusamine by evolving Clefairy, episode 53 confirmed that it was only emotional (with Lillie playing with Clefable))) It is even understandable Lillie's rejection of Lusamine's affectionate displays, because it is not like it used to be, it seems more like a treat (a way of saying, "I'm still here"). That way, the doll is a memory of a beloved Pokémon, and also of a past that she really misses.

When Gladion said that Lillie could not carry much in her backpack, Lillie made a point of taking the doll. On the one hand the doll was used to bring Clefairy back, on the other, we could interpret that part of "EffortfuLillie" also refers to Lillie's willingness to finally have her mother back (Not only physically, but emotionally). Since her memoirs have "returned," she is willing to go back to having her relationship with her mother by the time she became emotionally attached to the doll. So, taking the doll to take to travel is a thing with more meaning than a simple change in the look.

Thus, a flashback between Lillie and Clefairy / Clefable was not necessary before this episode. The anime showed what the Clafairy doll represents to Lillie. And in that episode was focused the friendship between Clefable and Lillie. (In previous episodes, like 49, this had already been shown).
The triumph of this moment was to show for the first time the relationship of friendship itself between the two, not only what it represented. There was no reason for Lillie to be reminded of Clefable before that, she was with her mother, safe.

The conclusion of this arc of Lillie at first focused on the Clefable, then focused on Lusamine closes well everything that the series (and especially the arc) showed about the meaning of the doll (a deep feeling of longing). (which turned into a feeling of hope)

Again, the soundtrack was spectacular. The problem itself was the animation that was well below what it should be.

Last edited:

andrewscott48209

So the complaints here were about the best part of the episode?

The anime did a more subjective job here, did not put things in our face in this case.

Lillie's love for Clefairy / Clefable has been explored literally since the series began. Through the Clefairy doll (The first apparition was with the lure clefairy-EP005)). Many said that the doll's parting was just a reference to the games, but the thing was very different from that.
The doll has always had a sense of security for her (The fact that she sleeps with the doll confirms this). So Clefairy appears from the beginning in an indirect way.

Another mistake is to say that the thing has only been explored in two episodes. The "aether" arc was developing this all the time! And again it is by the doll that this is done (after all, clefable was not with Lillie).

A very important thing here, is that Clefairy does not represent just a pokémon that Lillie loves. She is extremely attached to the relationship between Lillie and Lusamine. The bad feelings that Lillie feels for Lusamine are related to the attention that Lusamine failed to give her (for being too busy). Lillie misses a lot of the time they play and they were happy, and clefairy (and the doll) became a big symbol of that time. (When Lillie is thinking about her mother in episode 48, she's cuddled with the doll before going to out of home). Lillie's discussion with Lusamine about the evolution of Clefairy could be explained by the feeling of rejection of change (in relation to each other) that occurred shortly after Clefairy evolved((Even though in episode 045 it gave the impression that she had been irritated with Lusamine by evolving Clefairy, episode 53 confirmed that it was only emotional (with Lillie playing with Clefable))) It is even understandable Lillie's rejection of Lusamine's affectionate displays, because it is not like it used to be, it seems more like a treat (a way of saying, "I'm still here"). That way, the doll is a memory of a beloved Pokémon, and also of a past that she really misses.

When Gladion said that Lillie could not carry much in her backpack, Lillie made a point of taking the doll. On the one hand the doll was used to bring Clefairy back, on the other, we could interpret that part of "EffortfuLillie" also refers to Lillie's willingness to finally have her mother back (Not only physically, but emotionally). Since her memoirs have "returned," she is willing to go back to having her relationship with her mother by the time she became emotionally attached to the doll. So, taking the doll to take to travel is a thing with more meaning than a simple change in the look.

Thus, a flashback between Lillie and Clefairy / Clefable was not necessary before this episode. The anime showed what the Clafairy doll represents to Lillie. And in that episode was focused the friendship between Clefable and Lillie. (In previous episodes, like 49, this had already been shown).
The triumph of this moment was to show for the first time the relationship of friendship itself between the two, not only what it represented. There was no reason for Lillie to be reminded of Clefable before that, she was with her mother, safe.

The conclusion of this arc of Lillie at first focused on the Clefable, then focused on Lusamine closes well everything that the series (and especially the arc) showed about the meaning of the doll (a deep feeling of longing). (which turned into a feeling of hope)

Again, the soundtrack was spectacular. The problem itself was the animation that was well below what it should be.

Did you watch it live, or on YouTube?

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Why cant all battles be solved with a hug? I am ok with a non violent solution in this case. If there is enough backstory and context to support it then I can accept this course of events.

Last edited: