• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hydreigon Battle Spot Singles Team

I made this team for battlespot. It was originally based around Hydreigon, Mega Venusaur and a steel type (currently Aegislash). As it took shape the main point was to allow Hydreigon to sweep.

Lead
Galavantula (Compound Eyes)
Evs: 252 Spa, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Timid - Focus Sash
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Sticky Webs

Galavantula is there to set up Sticky Webs to slow down things that would normally outspeed Hydreigon. So far I am thoroughly satisfied using her as my lead. She can KO or severely damage a lot of things with Thunder and Energy Ball has been useful against ground types.

Offensive Core
Hydreigon (Levitate)
Evs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Modest - Choice Specs
Dark Pulse
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Earth Power

Hydreigon is my main attacker and his power has been really useful. Draco Meteor hits often enough and can KO most things. Dark Pulse is my standard attack unless I can hit something super effectively. That being said, I'm wondering it I should make the following trade offs:
-Trade Fire Blast's power for Flamethrower's accuracy.
-Breed a Timid Hydreigon for better speed.
-Replace Choice Specs with Choice Scarf for speed.
-Replace one of the moves for Flash Canon to hit fairies.

Azumarill (Huge Power)
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spe
Adamant - Choice Band
Play Rough
Aqua Jet
Superpower
Double-Edge

I originally added Azumarill to deal with Charizard X. It worked, but I also realized that she works well with Hydreigon. Other than poison types, each resists all of the other's weaknesses. The priority Aqua Jet has been useful so I kept it over Waterfall. Superpower is for Ferrothorn. Play Rough is for Dragons, I've never used Double-Edge.

Other

Venusaur (Overgrow->Thick fat)
Evs: 192 HP, 252 SpD, 64 Atk
Careful - Venusaurite
Curse
Synthesis
Petal Blizzard
Earthquake

While I do want to keep Mega Venusaur, I'm looking at other options for sets. He was originally supposed to be resist Fairy & Fighting types for Hydreigon and be a mixed wall/physical attacker. I also want him in case I need to block Spore. That being said, with Azumarill I've got a more ideal physical attacker. While he's been useful in certain situations, I'm considering other sets.

Aegislash (Stance Change)
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk
Adamant - Leftovers
King's Shield
Swords Dance
Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak

This is probably the weakest link in my team. I've used him successfully a few times, but almost always relied on out-predicting my opponent. He's also probably the least used member of my team. I'm considering replacing him with Skarmory (physical wall) or Klefki (support).

Mamoswine (Snow Cloak)
Evs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Jolly - Life Orb
Earthquake
Icile Crash
Stealth Rock
Ice Shard

He's mainly there to deal with dragons. I mostly use him if my opponent's team is dragon-heavy or if I think the priority Ice Shard would be useful. Stealth Rock is there to break Dragonite's multiscale. I would prefer Thick Fat over Snow Cloak, but don't have access to it.

Mestorn

Wandering Battler
Why not a more supportive Mega-saur (Run, its Godzilla!) I notice you only have 2 special oriented attackers and Venusaur can balance attacking spectrums in addition to being a defensive pivot.

Venasaur@Overgrow/Thick Fat
Item: Venasaurite
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain/Energy Ball
Bold (+DEF, -ATK)/Relaxed (+DEF, -SPD)
252 HP/200 DEF/52 SDEF

The point of this set is to neutralize one threat on the opponents team with Sleep Powder, kill Fairies that threaten Hydreigon with Sludge Bomb (Provided they are not named Mawile or Klefki) and stall opponents out with Leech Seed and Giga Drain.

Yogi Bear

King of Poke Games
Azumarill (Huge Power)
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spe
Adamant - Choice Band
Play Rough
Aqua Jet
Superpower
Double-Edge

I originally added Azumarill to deal with Charizard X. It worked, but I also realized that she works well with Hydreigon. Other than poison types, each resists all of the other's weaknesses. The priority Aqua Jet has been useful so I kept it over Waterfall. Superpower is for Ferrothorn. Play Rough is for Dragons, I've never used Double-Edge.

Out of curiosity, why run Double-Edge over Waterfall? Waterfall isn't supposed to be competing with Aqua Jet, they're for totally different uses and targets. You could also use Aqua Tail (egg move) over Waterfall but it has imperfect accuracy (and is harder to get because it's an egg move).

Out of curiosity, why run Double-Edge over Waterfall? Waterfall isn't supposed to be competing with Aqua Jet, they're for totally different uses and targets. You could also use Aqua Tail (egg move) over Waterfall but it has imperfect accuracy (and is harder to get because it's an egg move).

Running Aqua Tail over Waterfall is kind of impractical because of the imperfect accuracy and the fact that Azumatill doesn't really need the extra 10 base power because of the Huge Power boost it already gets. Aqua Tail is pretty much only necessary on Mons who don't have access to Waterfall as a physical Water attack like Garchomp and Salamence.

Why not a more supportive Mega-saur (Run, its Godzilla!) I notice you only have 2 special oriented attackers and Venusaur can balance attacking spectrums in addition to being a defensive pivot.

Venasaur-Overgrow/Thick Fat
Item: Venasaurite
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain/Energy Ball
Bold (+DEF, -ATK)/Relaxed (+DEF, -SPD)
252 HP/200 DEF/52 SDEF

The point of this set is to neutralize one threat on the opponents team with Sleep Powder, kill Fairies that threaten Hydreigon with Sludge Bomb (Provided they are not named Mawile or Klefki) and stall opponents out with Leech Seed and Giga Drain.

Thanks for the tip. I am currently breeding a Bold Venusaur for that set.

I ran Double Edge over Waterfall to maximize neutral coverage (getting neutral hits on grass/poison and water/poison types). Since I haven't used Double Edge, I guess it would make sense to switch it for Waterfall.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Maybe you could run a Life Orb variant of Hydreigon? It means you still get a strong hit (1.3x damage) but have the ability to actually use a different move- you're not locked in. If not, then keep the Choice Specs, not the Choice Scarf as the Sticky Webs from Galvantula should let you outspeed most Pokemon, so you may as well hit hard than fast if you are already fast in comparison. Personally I would rather be safe than sorry, and run Flamethrower over Fire Blast, however it is down to personal opinion and whether you are confident knowing you have a 30% chance to miss...

Take my opinion with a grain of salt though.