• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hydro King's Digital Art

Hydro King

The Water Master
Hi there everyone! I've been making digital art at my own pace for about a year now and I'd like to know what some of you think of my work. I usually like to make signature banners, but I do make other kinds of art at times.
My banners mostly contain Pokemon, but sometimes I'll use other characters from all sorts of different series/tv shows

Here's some of the better stuff I've done:

Banners-
http://hydro-king.deviantart.com/art/A-Flash-of-Luxray-139962521
http://hydro-king.deviantart.com/art/Togekiss-Paper-Delight-139470280
http://hydro-king.deviantart.com/art/Articuno-in-Ice-139231576

Wallpapers-
http://hydro-king.deviantart.com/art/A-Flutter-of-Color-140265745
http://hydro-king.deviantart.com/art/Flowering-Colors-140219917

Other-
http://hydro-king.deviantart.com/art/A-Splash-of-Color-140152323\

Critiques are welcome and appreciated!

Last edited:

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
As I told you before, your works are really nice
I liked the first wallpaper with the butterfly,I liked the style
and the last one that look like a teardrop it's nice and eye catching
the banners well what can I say they are better than others I have seen
Keep up the good work.

Hydro King

The Water Master
Thanks, you guys! (and yes, Pokemaniac Erika, the thread's now been moved =P)

And I appreciate it, Rosey. ^^ But unfortunately (as you probably already know), I
didn't take those wonderful pics. I only manipulated them, so I can't take all the credit. When I do use my own pics though, I'll let y'all know! ;)

Hydro King

The Water Master
Thanks, Pink!

Well, I've been fiddling around with a few more banners (some for requests and some out of boredom) and these are a few that I've come up with:

None-Pokemon Related-
bobafetthk.png

Pokemon-
_raibladesuicune1.png
_raibladesuicune2.png

meganiumtrans1.png
meganiumtrans2.png

An over-sized version of a banner I had made for a request.
heatedshimmerhk.png

...And a banner/avatar set that I'd made for quite a recent contest. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to enter it. =/
happybirthdayhk.png
itsyourbdayhk.png

lol I can't believe I'm starting to go to a few digital scrap booking websites to find some materials for my paper-style banners. XD

jahz

Banned
Hydroking i have said this many times before. Your work is awe inspiring.
The typhlosion banner shows great creativity and skill, The Luxray example uses just the right colours and shades emphasising the light effect.

There are some phenominal pieces here. keep it up!

DarkElfAqua

Just another trainer
Amazing work, Hydro King. Your papel styleworks are just breathtaking, especially the Typhlosion one. Keep up the good work and best of luck!

Hydro King

The Water Master
lol I'm glad to see you all like the Typhlosion banner. It was an interesting request to do and, well, that was the result. ^^;
Thank you all and I appreciate your comments and encouragement. :)

Well, I've been trying a few different styles and here's a couple of projects that I hope benefit from them:

gnawratdark.png

chilledwater.png

knucklesandwich1.png

metawin4.png

This one's a bit too big to post, so it's linked to my deviantart-

DarkElfAqua

Just another trainer
Nice update. The Lapras banner looks cute, while the Knuckles banner is simple awesome. Again, keep up the good work, hope to see more of your work.

jahz

Banned
lol I'm glad to see you all like the Typhlosion banner. It was an interesting request to do and, well, that was the result. ^^;
Thank you all and I appreciate your comments and encouragement. :)

Well, I've been trying a few different styles and here's a couple of projects that I hope benefit from them:

gnawratdark.png

chilledwater.png

knucklesandwich1.png

metawin4.png

This one's a bit too big to post, so it's linked to my deviantart-

ok i love the light effect on the raticate one. the general composition of the lapras/ice one is just amazing! the knuckles banner shows great power and enegry and they colours go well together, beautifully made. The last one reminds me of batamn lol XD (in a good way.)

Hydro King

The Water Master
Thank you so much, everyone! It's nice to hear some uplifting comments. :D

lv100magikarp said:
guess you use photoshop or somthing...
Yes, I use Photoshop CS4. A friend gave me his second copy as a gift. ^^ Although I'm planning on getting the entire Adobe Suite for my Mac sometime.

Here's a few more things I've made:

lecrimsondawn1.png

butterflyart_final.png
paramore_bnefinal.png

cubephotoshop_hk.png

Wallpaper-

junpearl63

their rooms
I have always like your style, and I adored your 3D art <3 They just look so cool!
You only use Paint.net for 3D? Or did you add some touch with Photoshop?

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Hey i am a friend of DD's and he told me about you =p . So I thought i come in and see what you work was like. Okay let's take a look. *Puts on Glasses. Hmmm, *Studies images. These are quite interesting, the choice of emotion and oomph on color and sharpness must be applauded, i do see lots of imporvement, and also i do see some high potential in your work.

I like the one you made for DD, i also like the ratticate, lapras , Knuckles and the Meta Knight, my personal favorite has to be the Thyplosion one and again Kunckles. Truly remarkable. I look forward to seeing more =D

You must be really proud =D

~ Midnight Mewtwo ~

jahz

Banned
Thank you so much, everyone! It's nice to hear some uplifting comments. :D

Yes, I use Photoshop CS4. A friend gave me his second copy as a gift. ^^ Although I'm planning on getting the entire Adobe Suite for my Mac sometime.

Here's a few more things I've made:

lecrimsondawn1.png

butterflyart_final.png
paramore_bnefinal.png

cubephotoshop_hk.png

Wallpaper-

Again these are great :)
I wouldn't say they were you're best so far, however i do like the look you have given the Paramore one- with the little picture/window filling in some of the banner. And i find the water one really serene and calming, good job :)

Hydro King

The Water Master
Junpearl said:
I have always like your style, and I adored your 3D art <3 They just look so cool!
You only use Paint.net for 3D? Or did you add some touch with Photoshop?
Why thank you, Jun. :) And which 3D-styled ones do you mean? 'Cause I've noticed that I haven't been making all that many paper banners recently...
Well, I don't use Paint.NET very often anymore and that includes the use of it for making things appear 3D. Now I almost always use Photoshop for all my photo-editing needs.

diablo said:
Hey i am a friend of DD's and he told me about you =p . So I thought i come in and see what you work was like. Okay let's take a look. *Puts on Glasses. Hmmm, *Studies images. These are quite interesting, the choice of emotion and oomph on color and sharpness must be applauded, i do see lots of imporvement, and also i do see some high potential in your work.

I like the one you made for DD, i also like the ratticate, lapras , Knuckles and the Meta Knight, my personal favorite has to be the Thyplosion one and again Kunckles. Truly remarkable. I look forward to seeing more =D

You must be really proud =D
So you know DD too, do ya? XD Well, to tell ya the truth, I'm kinda surprised he actually told someone about my art. (never saw that coming)
Anyway, thanks, Diablo! ^^ It's nice to hear detailed comments from time to time. But yeah, I try to give each banner/wallpaper/whatever its own mood to set itself apart from the crowd and to tell its own story.

Well, truth be told, I am a kinda proud. XD But the thing is, I know I could always do much better and that gets me fired up to do my best for the next piece of art.

Edit: Thanks, Jahz. :D *tips hat* I appreciate it. And I know they may not be the best I've done, but I'm always keen to try new things. ;) I'm very happy with the way the water one turned out...

*sigh* I really need to have a lot of my "older" art linked to my Photobucket account...ya know, to keep things tidy. It'd also make things easier for people with slower internet. I'll get to it soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 133172

sob, I've been doing digital art for a year too now, and I can't even get a decent shape with my mouse.

Hydro King

The Water Master
Really? What editing program do you use? I've gotten some pretty good stuff from Paint.NET in the past...

Okay then, so I've decided that I won't make any changes to the arrangement of my art yet.
This is a very small update, but here goes anyway:

It might not look like much, but it took me 5 days to complete. (it's supposed to be surreal art) It's my biggest project to-date, time-wise anyway.