• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

hydrocity!

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
;186;
politoed
wide lens
drizzle
252 def, hp
bold
scald
encore
focus blast
blizzard

fires off powerful attacks while being accurate. also has some serious staying power, which it needs with all the ttars running around it also has some suprise value, because do you see this kind of set much, i think not. it can get the jump on some stuff that poli wouldn't ko. it also has great defensive synergy with ferrothorn and ludicolo. i can also switch to jolteon in the case of an electric move. he has run into many breloom, which ive been helpless to stop. politoed is eved to survive until i win the weather war, which mostly happens. he can also be a nice ttar check.
;135;
jolteon
choice specs
volt absorb
252 sp att, spe
naive
thunder
volt switch
shadow ball
hp fighting

hp fighting beats ferrothorn, which would be able to use jolt as setup fodder. also gets rid of tornadus t, which could easily pick this team apart. jolteon is also a strong scout, who can volt switch out of an unsure ferro switch in. if i am absolutely sure, hp fighting that thorny weed for good damage. this can also switch into ludicolo when the mentioned ferrothorn switches in.
ferro still beats jolteon 70% of the time though, so maybe i should replace with raikou. jolteon is eved to dish out as much hurt as possible, and mostly does just that.

:598:
ferrothorn
sassy
rocky helmet
iron barbs
252 sp def, hp
sr
bulldoze
power whip
t wave

rocky helmet to force outrage dragons to hit themselves with 25% damage. while ferro can set rocks. also nabs people expecting spikes, or try to use magnezone. unfortunately, i didnt see magnezone once in my experience, and ive ran into gyra constantly. ex, out of the five battles i was in yesterday, 3 of them had gyrados. im glad ferro checks gyra solidly, or else he would rip my team to bits with one dd, and he 2kos w +1 eq, because of specially defensive evs. overall, ferro is important as a defensive anchor and a sr setter.

;272;
ludicolo
timid
rain dish
lo
252 sp att, spe
giga drain
hydro pump
ice beam
focus blast

your standard ludicolo set... without swift swim. that hurts, but he still gives ferro a hard time, and rain boosted hydro pumps hurt. it 1 shots any scizor without 252 hp, and ludicolo resists bullet punch, so ludicolo can outspeed and ko. rain dish nullifies lo, but i am considering switching it to lefties. ferro gets 2 shotted by focus blast, and if the ferro only runs gyro ball, which is most of the time, then bye bye weed. ludicolo is an important ferro check and rain check in general, and checks mirror matches. ludicolo is eved to slaughter stuff that does not resist hydro pump, and to dish out a ton of hurt.

;121;
starmie
timid
natural cure
expert belt
252 sp att, spe
surf
thunder
ice beam
rapid spin

the only good rapid spinner for rain, and a great one at that! unfortunatly, he is walled by ferrothorn (now do you see why i run two ferro checks?) although, in my experience, he didnt do much except spin, which is fine, since thats his no 1 purpose, although i fire off a rain boosted surf sometimes. for some weird reason, he rarely uses the coverage moves. but there there in case i need to obliberate a gyrados or salamence, both of which starmie outspeed unboosted, as well as terrakion, another deadly sweeper. overall, starmie is a well needed rapid spinner and rain abuser. same purposes as above. except i use starmie as death fodder when the opponents rocks user is dead.

;212;
scizor
adamant
technichian
lum berry
252 hp, 46 att, 212 sp def
bug bite
bullet punch
swords dance
roost

standard scizor. checks latias and latios, and can attempt a sweep at a moments notice. the lum berry helped me so much that it isnt even funny. there are many moments where my sweep would have been cut short and i would have lost the match because of it, then lum berry game. scizors defensive investment and bug moves help him switch into ttar and reuniclus, who could screw me over since my team is heavily based on speed. without scizor, i would also have only one steel type, and ferro cant take repeated boosted outrages, or hurricanes for that matter! i can actually sacrifice this guy to weaken a tornadus therian and force a switch, which i could then switch to the appropriate counter. its no suprise scizor is ou king, and its power bullet punches make him worthy of the title. eved to endure a decent amount of hurt to switch in and set up easily.

so, what are your thoughts of this team? i want honest opinion. (actually, no i dont, kidding)

threats- breloom(poison heal particularly), gyrados (offensive dd), jolteon (choice specs. lo is outsped and koed), tornadus t (when jolteon is gone, hurricane sclices my team in half.)

Last edited:

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
no one has anything to say about this team?

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Jolteon go Timid nature.
Toed has powerful moves, so give it 252 SpA > Def, and Hydro Pump > Scald.
Since Scizor is there to check lati@s, give it Pursuit to ko them fleeing.
Starmie wants leftovers to switch in more often to spin.
Ludicolo... Not fast, even with the EV's in speed. Virizion can replace him, not weak to uturns, so he checks volt switch and koes ferrothorn with focus blasts.
Ferro may like leech seed > bulldoze.

In the future, be more patient with the bump. At least 24 hours please, as people live in different timezones, give them some time to reply ^-^ Good luck with the team :D

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
actually, im going to replace jolt with raikou. as for virzion, he doesnt use the rain much aside from weakenening fire moves. also, ludicolo is slow, but it outspeeds what it needs to ie(scizor and ferro) close combat koes ferro, but fails on scizors and falls to skarmory. ill try lefties on starmie, and ferro doesnt need leech seed as it makes him breloom fodder. i am replacing bulldoze w gyro ball though.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Gyro Ball + TWave is no good combination. BTW Not all pokemon on a rain team need to abuse rain. Synergy is also important, and different roles need to be fulfilled, not just rain abuse. That wont make a good team.

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
hmm, well im not sure of what attacking move then. i also need a flying resist, or else it could be deadly. what are my options?

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
raikou resist flying, but it wont outspeed the new tornadus-t. Revenge killing the flying types is your best shot, like scizor's BPunch. SR also takes health of flying types. By playing it smart there's a way around the flying types, so make sure Raikou doesnt faint too early. For virizion, CM, FBlast/Close Combat, HP Ice and Giga Drain. FBlast is inaccurate, but 2HKO's Skarm at +1, at +2 it relies on Sturdy to survive.

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
im still using ludicolo, not completely writing off virzion, but he usually checks rain. scizor already is a nemesis of virzion, as scizor can survive a close combat and ko back as well as roost to recover the damage. so what checks jirachi? i noticed the vulnerability.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
SubCMRachi is checked by Latias, as it usually carries Thunder and Water Pulse, which the Eon pokemon both resists. ParaFlinch has trouble with Heatran and Ferro. If Ferro has Rocky Helmet and leech seed, it is easily forced out.

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
ferro already checks jirachi? sweet. i just need to check gyra and im good to go.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
ferro already checks jirachi? sweet. i just need to check gyra and im good to go.

B4 the DDance, Jolteon/Raikou outspeeds and OHKO's with Thunder. If it subs, it carries Waterfall/Stone Edge coverage 99% of the time, so Raikou should be able to survive after one Dance. Not sure though.

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
ok, so now i have everything.

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
i have some potential members. here they are.

;479;
rotom c
timid
choice specs
levitate
252 sp att/spe
thunder
leaf storm
hp ice
trick

now i know what youre thinking, "what! you so dumb! use rotom w mon!!!!!!!" well, he can nail ttars harder on the switch and my team doesnt need a volt turner, it needs a grass type. this guy takes advantage of the rain with stab thunder as well. overall, he serves a role as not only an electric type, but grass type who nabs annoying slugs "cough gastrodon cough" from the game he also punches holes so that d nite can sweep.

;131;
lapras
calm
lo/choice specs
252 sp att/hp
hydration
thunder
hydro pump
ice beam
rest/dragon pulse

why is this awesome poke so overloked? is everyone too busy in awe over d nite and his luxorious coat? (the hype is rightful, but still) this guy deserves more usage. he especially doesnt deserve to be nu. stab hydro pump hits for the usual massive damage. thunder and ice beam form the all important boltbeam coverage. these three moves are unresisted(yet walled by ferrothorn) so i can run either rest or d pulse. lapras, in the long run, should at least have a chance in a rain team before being dumped in the garbage ie- the pc.

;149;
dragonite
252 hp 44 att 212 spe
jolly
lum berry
multiscale
outrage
waterfall
dd
roost

the classic bulky dd set. set up a ton of dragon dances, and go for a sweep. outrage and waterfall provide excellent coverage. he needs all ferros, skarms or any physical wall that resists or is
not phazed by this combo eliminated (and forrtress to a lesser extent) before he can attempt a sweep. he can, however, use all scizors as setup oppurtunities. its one of the best scizor checks in ou, and with ferro, he can switch out to him to avoid fellow dragon types trying to make him into dragon goo. hes an excellent sweeper, and deserves all his attention.

so, im going to replace ludicolo w rotom c, but who should lap replace? if you think lap should be overlooked, then state why.

Last edited:

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
I have another change. Here he is.

Garchomp
Rough skin
Jolly
252 att and spe

Outrage
Eq
stone edge/rock slide
Crunch

hes back. You heard me . Garchomps ou. With rough skin anyway. Im using him beecause he gives sun band sand problems. Which would threaten my rain.
The bad thing about him is he is outsped by latias and latios as well as many metagame threats. Overall, garchomp is a solid weathet check and will see much use on balanced and other weather alike.

Chingchar

Why would you have Garchomp in a rain team? I've never tried it so it coul be good.... But I just don't see how it could function with the rest of your team.

M.Oreo

all hax or no hax.
He is Able to use aqua tail. I was only considering him. I am wondering which combination works best, so who should be ditched?