• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hyper Offense Mixed Tier Team

dpdude

teehee
This team is largely based on two pokemon: Ninjask and Electivire. Electivire has outstanding coverage and hits everything at least neutrally, and after a +2 atk and speed boost, theres very little that can stop him. This team is hyper offensive, meaning that I hit hard and fast, largely banking on that momentum that infernape gives me off the bat and if ninjask can set up for electivire. Now that the intros done, its time to look a little more in depth to the team:

;392;
Infernape@focus sash
Naïve nature
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 spatk
Blaze
Fake out
Stealth Rock
Close Combat
Overheat

The high speed battle starts off with infernape. Always start off with a fake out to break sturdys and sashes, set up rocks, and if he outspeeds the opposing lead, which he normally will bar aerodactyl and a few others that I can remember right now. CC and overheat for two incredibly powerful STABs. This guy wont stay in the battle long, but he always pulls his weight.

;612;
Haxorus@life orb
Jolly nature
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 hp
Rivalry (-.-)
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Taunt
Outrage

This guy is my back up sweeper in case the ninjask+ electivire thing falls through. Even after 1 dragon dance, this dragon is a force to be reckoned with. Taunt is to prevent sweepers from setting up and EQ and outrage for coverage and powerful STAB, respectively.

;254;
Sceptile@choice specs
Modest nature
252 spatk, 252spe, 4hp
Overgrow
Leaf Storm
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast
Giga Drain

My primary special powerhouse. Leaf storm for incredible STAB and hit and run technique cause the special attack drop in not wanted. Dragon Pulse and focus blast for coverage against dragons and any steels that might show up, who wall this set. Modest over Timid for the simple fact that sceptile is fast enough but doesn't hit hard enough, even with specs. So modest was chosen.

;121;
Starmie@choice scarf
Timid nature
252 spatk, 252 spe, 4 hp
Natural Cure
Surf/Scald/Hydro Pump
Psyshock
Trick
Rapid Spin

The main purpose for starmie on this team is to spin away the rocks that will kill ninjask after two switches. Trick can cripple an opponent who is setting up, forcing the switch. Then I hit them with one of two STABs. I use surf because of reliability, but might switch for scald if I want to spread burns and hydro pump for the power at the sake of accuracy.

;291;
Ninjask@focus sash
Jolly nature
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 hp
Speed Boost
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Protect
Substitute

This. This guy holds the whole team on his tiny little wings. This set is self explanatory. SD first turn to get that +2 attack, and the first speed boost up. Then protect or sub to absorb an attack and get +2 speed to pass it onto the team. Might switch the EVs from attack to HP, because he needs more survivability and the attack EVs don't really do him any good.

;466;
Electivire@expert belt
Naïve nature
248 atk, 36 spatk, 224 spe
Motor Drive
Wild Charge
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Flamethrower

The coverage on this guy in astonishing. After the kind boosts from ninjask, electivire becomes a dominating force that nobody can touch. Hitting everything for at least neutral damage, an expert belt was what I felt most fitting for this set.

Feel free to rate, comment, make changes, ill see if I can make room for the changes. Now remember, this is a hyper offense team, so no tanks, clerics, none of that. Thanks