• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HYPEr offensive team

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
random hyper offensive team i threw together fast. has met some success, like with most HO teams it requires predicting or just clever playing. No hazards just screens here.

hydreigon.jpg

Severus (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Earthquake

I never see this thing getting enough usage. Ever. With every set it has its deadlier and is definently one of the more major threats in OU. Where has this thing gone? mostly down the gutter because most teams involve weather, for which there are better dragon types for each weather. Hyd basically dominates Clear skies. Draco meteor packs a wicked punch with stab life orb. Fire blast to deal with ferro and other annoying grass types / steel types. Super power for mixed damage if a spec wall comes in (blissey chansey ect) Earthquake as a filler. severus is called severus because potter said so.

jirachi.jpg

Shiny (Jirachi) @ Life Orb
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

CM Rachi. Also something you don't see very often pairs with latios and hyd well. When lati sacs rachi gets a 100% free calm mind or it cant opt damage on whatever comes in. Its called shiny because... well it is. Problem? Flash Cannon for good Spa stab. Thunder bolt for more coverage and HP Fire is because steel types exist.
280px-381Latios.png

Saphira (Latios) (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento
- Dragon Pulse

This is my lead even though it is in the 3rd slot. do not be decieved by this. Dual screens is So underestimated its not even funny. gets up both screens and can sack iself for rachi getting a free boost. Dragon pulse is there as a filler because attacking isnt really what this one is built for. it takes specs hits fairly well if i dont want to sack it to set up on stuff tht comes in. actually works quite well and is unpredictable.

keldeo-ordinary.jpg

P0NY (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Icy Wind

Anti rain counter. Destroys rain like its nothing with its pony power. xD Hydro pump for high stab secret sword for moar stab. HP ghost for jellicents or psy types
Icy wind is a good way to counter DNite or any other dragons

terrakion.jpg

Sp33d (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword

This is my scarfer. Most teams have lost interest in this and now im seeing the majority of these pokes become SR setters in place of deo-d. Which is okay i suppose because, people have more decisions to make predicting me. Good stabs in CC and SE. X-scissor for psy types and secret sword to hit other pokemon that were trying to wall me.

Scizor.png

Atom (scizor)
Trait: Technician
Adamant nature
248 Hp/ 150 Attack/ 108 Speed
Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Superpower & Swords Dance

Packs another wall for things like dragons. Sets up on the switch from latios or on the revenge. It can usually find chances to set up easily as people always assume band. BP for high priority bug bite for STAB Super power for steels and the set up move, SD.
------------------------------

Yea im done typing. Pce

Attachments

• jirachi.jpg
    jirachi.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Moog2

Must stay awake...
Righty, I'm off to bed, so this'll have to be quick.

Hydreigon looks good. Only possible change would be to give it Expert Belt to bluff a choice item, but that's up to you.

Personally, I find that Sub CM Rachi with TBolt and Psychic works the best. If you decide to make this change, those 252 Sp. Att EVs should move into HP. Steel types are an issue, but if you eliminate them beforehand/ have enough boosts, this thing sweeps very easily.

I NEVER use Latios, so I'm not really in a position to critique it. I tend to run a defensive Latias instead, but eh.

On Keldeo, the only real change is HP Ghost. Should be Electric. Hits Jellicent just as hard, and Hydro Pump will ALWYAS hit Psychic types harder than HP Ghost. If you're concerned about Latias walling it, frankly it can do that regardless of the HP type.

Sacret Sword just shouldn't be there. Always use CC instead. I'd use EQ if you want to hit Rachi somewhat hard, or Rock Slide for the accuracy.

Scizor, too, looks fine.

A BIG issue to your team is Max HP, Max Defense CM Latias with HP Fire (the only kind I ever run. :p) If your team gets softened up a little bit, it can wreck ALL the face.

I'll give a bigger rate tomorrow, just editing this. For now, BED!

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Righty, I'm off to bed, so this'll have to be quick.

Hydreigon looks good. Only possible change would be to give it Expert Belt to bluff a choice item, but that's up to you.

Personally, I find that Sub CM Rachi with TBolt and Psychic works the best. If you decide to make this change, those 252 Sp. Att EVs should move into HP. Steel types are an issue, but if you eliminate them beforehand/ have enough boosts, this thing sweeps very easily.

I NEVER use Latios, so I'm not really in a position to critique it. I tend to run a defensive Latias instead, but eh.

On Keldeo, the only real change is HP Ghost. Should be Electric. Hits Jellicent just as hard, and Hydro Pump will ALWYAS hit Psychic types harder than HP Ghost. If you're concerned about Latias walling it, frankly it can do that regardless of the HP type.

Sacret Sword just shouldn't be there. Always use CC instead. I'd use EQ if you want to hit Rachi somewhat hard, or Rock Slide for the accuracy.

Scizor, too, looks fine.

A BIG issue to your team is Max HP, Max Defense CM Latias with HP Fire (the only kind I ever run. :p) If your team gets softened up a little bit, it can wreck ALL the face.

I'll give a bigger rate tomorrow, just editing this. For now, BED!

... Honestly? Full HP Full Defense CM latios? Thats like one pokemon in a million. Sorry but thats just not really a major threat to this team imo. not running sub rachi cause then it gets walled by steels, are you reading my descriptions? I DO have CC on the terrakion AND Secret sword ._. HP Ghost is essential...Lati@s doesnt take a Specs HP Ghost well. im sorry but it wont wall it with that... even with icy wind.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
are you reading my descriptions?

Just saying, you don't say anywhere in the description for Rachi you won't use SubCM because Steels wall it (which, for the record, is also not entirely true. Only Steelix hard walls a set with T-Bolt and nobody in their right mind will be using it in OU.)

The only real change I can see is on Terrakion. I see the reasoning for Sacred Sword but I really think you'd be better off running either Rock Polish or Swords Dance here. Rock Polish gives an even better boost than Scarf without locking you into one move and Swords Dance just sets you up to annihilate things, also without locking you into a move.

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Just saying, you don't say anywhere in the description for Rachi you won't use SubCM because Steels wall it (which, for the record, is also not entirely true. Only Steelix hard walls a set with T-Bolt and nobody in their right mind will be using it in OU.)

The only real change I can see is on Terrakion. I see the reasoning for Sacred Sword but I really think you'd be better off running either Rock Polish or Swords Dance here. Rock Polish gives an even better boost than Scarf without locking you into one move and Swords Dance just sets you up to annihilate things, also without locking you into a move.

" and HP Fire is because steel types exist." <-- last sentence on rachi descript. I will test the Rock Polish set though. tnx

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
and HP Fire is because steel types exist.

I don't see how that says "Steels wall SubCM so I won't use it"....

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
I don't see how that says "Steels wall SubCM so I won't use it"....

no but it does say i need it for coverage and that implys the other set doesn't have it imo. I don't want to argue more about this though. If you have a suggestion for another pokemon or set you can post it but i don't want to clog up this thread.

I was thinking of changing CB scizor to SD scizor, thoughts anyone?

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Hello Saphirapwns, cool HO team you've got here. That said, I may be able to suggest a few helpful points and changes.

Not to take a part in the previous discussion, but SubCm Jirachi is superior to your current set. SubCM Rachi compliments Latios' current Memento set. Your team is also lacking a set up sweeper, thus making SubCM Jirachi's set ideal. Also, your current Jirachi is very much crippled by its nature, set and item. Modest at first glance seems like a good idea but, when closely examined, without the help from 252 Hp investment, it becomes a very bad idea in current metagame. Couple this with Life Orb, and you find yourself getting off a single attack before being Ko'ed either by the opponent's attack or Life Orb's recoil; thus making SubCM superior. SubCM Jirachi variants often run max Hp and Speed, alllowing it to compete with opposing base 100 Speed Pokemon such as Volcarona, Salamence, and opposing Jirachi variants. Substitute allows Jirachi security in setting up, meaning it avoids being OHKO'ed by many of its common threats; i.e. Therian Landorus-T, Garchomp & Landorus-I. This allows Jirachi to revenge said threats respectively with Psychic/ Psyshock and Thunderbolt.

;385;
Jirachi@Leftovers
Timid nature
252 Hp/ 4 Sp.Attack/ 252 Speed
Psychic/ Psyshock/ Flash Cannon, Thunder/ Thunderbolt, Calm Mind & Substitute

To answer your previous question, Swords Dance on Scizor also seems like a nice option. As with Jirachi, Scizor finds opportunity to set up when given Latios' support. SD Scizor will find most of its set up opportunity while running a set to outpace its widely abused common counter, Heatran. While most Heatran run little to no Speed investment at all, a spread of 248 Hp/ 150 Attack/ 108 Speed should suffice. The 248 in Hp adds bulky so that Scizor can take a hit while setting up. 150 Attack puts Scizor's Attack @ a decent 366(732 @ x1 SD/ 1098 @ x2 SD). Seems odd, however, 108 Speed investment puts Scizor at 193 Speed, outpacing 8 Speed EV Heatran by 1 point and winning the speed war. Life Orb could be used here, as the added power to each attack would be very much appreciated. Leftovers works as well, to allow Scizor a source of recovery outside of having to run Roost. A set of Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Superpower & Swords Dance should serve the team well.

;212;
Scizor@Life Orb/ Leftovers
Adamant nature

Last, I notice that your team lacks an entry hazard, meaning your team's members can and may be caught off guard by any Focus Sash'ed Pokemon. It is this fact that brings me to suggest that Terrakion run a standard setter set of Close Combat, Stone Edge, X-Scissor/ Earthquake & Stealth Rock; or, simply replace Sacred Sword with Stealth Rock to allow the set up to be done after a predicted scare switch.

:639:
Terrakion@Choice Scarf/ Focus Sash
Jolly nature
252 Attack/ 4 Sp.Defense/ 252 Speed
Close Combat, Stone Edge, X-Scissor/ Earthquake & Stealth Rock

That said, I see little more that could fix the team. Dark Pulse on Hydreigon could work over Earthquake to hit Jellicent, leaving room for Keldeo to run HP(Electric), but that's irrelavant since Jirachi has Thunderbolt, I guess. Anyways, I hope this helped and good luck with the team. :)

Last edited:

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Yes to SD Scizor. HO generally wants to minimize prediction, for which a Choice item is counterproductive. You've got 3. I'd actually go with RP/SD Terrakion, SD Scizor and CM Keldeo personally.

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Hello Saphirapwns, cool HO team you've got here. That said, I may be able to suggest a few helpful points and changes.

Not to take a part in the previous discussion, but SubCm Jirachi is superior to your current set. SubCM Rachi compliments Latios' current Memento set. Your team is also lacking a set up sweeper, thus making SubCM Jirachi's set ideal. Also, your current Jirachi is very much crippled by its nature, set and item. Modest at first glance seems like a good idea but, when closely examined, without the help from 252 Hp investment, it becomes a very bad idea in current metagame. Couple this with Life Orb, and you find yourself getting off a single attack before being Ko'ed either by the opponent's attack or Life Orb's recoil; thus making SubCM superior. SubCM Jirachi variants often run max Hp and Speed, alllowing it to compete with opposing base 100 Speed Pokemon such as Volcarona, Salamence, and opposing Jirachi variants. Substitute allows Jirachi security in setting up, meaning it avoids being OHKO'ed by many of its common threats; i.e. Therian Landorus-T, Garchomp & Landorus-I. This allows Jirachi to revenge said threats respectively with Psychic/ Psyshock and Thunderbolt.

;385;
Jirachi@Leftovers
Timid nature
252 Hp/ 4 Sp.Attack/ 252 Speed
Psychic/ Psyshock/ Flash Cannon, Thunder/ Thunderbolt, Calm Mind & Substitute

To answer your previous question, Swords Dance on Scizor also seems like a nice option. As with Jirachi, Scizor finds opportunity to set up when given Latios' support. SD Scizor will find most of its set up opportunity while running a set to outpace its widely abused common counter, Heatran. While most Heatran run little to no Speed investment at all, a spread of 248 Hp/ 150 Attack/ 108 Speed should suffice. The 248 in Hp adds bulky so that Scizor can take a hit while setting up. 150 Attack puts Scizor's Attack @ a decent 366(732 @ x1 SD/ 1098 @ x2 SD). Seems odd, however, 108 Speed investment puts Scizor at 193 Speed, outpacing 8 Speed EV Heatran by 1 point and winning the speed war. Life Orb could be used here, as the added power to each attack would be very much appreciated. Leftovers works as well, to allow Scizor a source of recovery outside of having to run Roost. A set of Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Superpower & Swords Dance should serve the team well.

;212;
Scizor@Life Orb/ Leftovers
Adamant nature

Last, I notice that your team lacks an entry hazard, meaning your team's members can and may be caught off guard by any Focus Sash'ed Pokemon. It is this fact that brings me to suggest that Terrakion run a standard setter set of Close Combat, Stone Edge, X-Scissor/ Earthquake & Stealth Rock; or, simply replace Sacred Sword with Stealth Rock to allow the set up to be done after a predicted scare switch.

Terrakion@Choice Scarf/ Focus Sash
Jolly nature
Close Combat, Stone Edge, X-Scissor/ Earthquake & Stealth Rock

That said, I see little more that could fix the team. Dark Pulse on Hydreigon could work over Earthquake to hit Jellicent, leaving room for Keldeo to run HP(Electric), but that's irrelavant since Jirachi has Thunderbolt, I guess. Anyways, I hope this helped and good luck with the team. :)

@loco a choice item is to mentain momentum with things like u-turn to hit incoming threats so one might argue it helps with prediction. but thats how I see it maybe not everyone.
I will try the rock polish varient on terra but no guarentee i will keep it. I already have a cm user which is why i dont want another one with keldeo. Choice items imo are still viable in multiples

@ced Hazards are meh with this HO team. it isnt to my style with this one because screens on latios is my entry hazard in a sense so im going to turn down that SR set as much as i use it myself. As is may take a hit from ground types it still can't really hit them back for high damage. I have used sub cm before but it still never works for me. even on this team i have used it so, i guess its a preference. Im going to test the Sd set on scizor. Thanks,

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Just a small suggestion on the Terrakion change as made by Loco123. A SubSalac variant fits the bill for this team also. Just a suggestion, though, as it may be as useful, if not more effective, than Rock Polish variant Terrakion.

Terrakion@Salac Berry
Jolly nature
Close Combat, Stone Edge, Swords Dance & Substitute

Klaus™

Banned
Except HO's main ultimate goal is to allow easier points for powerhouse pokemon to set up, helping muscle through opposing walls. This isn't even Hyper Offense. It's just offense. hyper offense is when you take, as rough skeleton, a hazard layer/ memento user/ screener, and 5 pokemon sweepers of the same type, i.e. 5 special sweepers. This is just offense.

that being said, i will now continue my rate.

There's no point in running dual screens memento latias, if you arent going to actually set up something good. Calm mind rachi is terrible, frankly. it suffers from thunderus-t syndrome, in that its speed is terrible, for being a sweeping pokemon. substitute usually allows a buffer to form, to take a hit it couldnt normally take, such as a banded cc from terrakion, or a specs hydro pump from keldeo. and those are two of the most common pokemon. i would greatly recommend Submind Jirachi over your current set. Being able to take out steel type pokemon shouldnt be a problem with terrakion+keldeo, and submind is vastly superior.

actually, scratch that. Try Choice Scarf Jirachi. With the next few changes, i believe it could help you immensely, in checking threats terrakion/keldeo cannot check/outspeed.

Next i would also recommend trying out SD Terrakion. The sheer power of it should be enough for you to be like, "hell yeah." With a memento and screens up, setting up should be a breeze. It'll also form a neat core with my next suggestion, CM Keldeo. You can set up and ko the opponent's team with these two powerhouses. some stuff that threatens them both, are lati@s, other terrakion/keldeo(?) and basically stuff that outspeeds, so sun venu. Hence, scarfrachi.

You seem like one of those people who hate weather because it's no fun. however, i would strongly, very strongly, recommend using Support Lead Tyranitar over hydreigon. Hydreigon doesnt really seem to being a whole lot. tyranitar, on the other hand, checks some celebi, the latis, other pokemon, and provides rocks. its also better at absorbing special attacks in sand, and will help whittle down your opponent. overall, it should be a better fit. it'll also help lure in and beat scizor, who ruins terrakion's day.

Jirachi @Choice Scarf
- Serene Grace -
Jolly
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 speed
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Terrakion @Rock Gem/ Life Orb
- Justified -
Jolly
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-scissor/ Quick Attack

Keldeo-R @Life Orb
- Justified -
Timid
4 hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 speed
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- HP Ice/ Ghost

Tyranitar @Leftovers/ Chople Berry
- Sand Stream -
Sassy/ Careful
252 hp/ 4 atk/ 252 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire blast

Calm Mind Jirachi ---> Choice Scarf Jirachi
Choice Scarf Terrakion ---> Swords Dance Terrakion
Choice Specs Keldeo --->Calm Mind Keldeo
Mixed Hydreigon ---> Support Tyranitar

Hopefully, you'll at least try my suggestions. GL with your team, and i hope i helped!

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Except HO's main ultimate goal is to allow easier points for powerhouse pokemon to set up, helping muscle through opposing walls. This isn't even Hyper Offense. It's just offense. hyper offense is when you take, as rough skeleton, a hazard layer/ memento user/ screener, and 5 pokemon sweepers of the same type, i.e. 5 special sweepers. This is just offense.

that being said, i will now continue my rate.

There's no point in running dual screens memento latias, if you arent going to actually set up something good. Calm mind rachi is terrible, frankly. it suffers from thunderus-t syndrome, in that its speed is terrible, for being a sweeping pokemon. substitute usually allows a buffer to form, to take a hit it couldnt normally take, such as a banded cc from terrakion, or a specs hydro pump from keldeo. and those are two of the most common pokemon. i would greatly recommend Submind Jirachi over your current set. Being able to take out steel type pokemon shouldnt be a problem with terrakion+keldeo, and submind is vastly superior.

actually, scratch that. Try Choice Scarf Jirachi. With the next few changes, i believe it could help you immensely, in checking threats terrakion/keldeo cannot check/outspeed.

Next i would also recommend trying out SD Terrakion. The sheer power of it should be enough for you to be like, "hell yeah." With a memento and screens up, setting up should be a breeze. It'll also form a neat core with my next suggestion, CM Keldeo. You can set up and ko the opponent's team with these two powerhouses. some stuff that threatens them both, are lati@s, other terrakion/keldeo(?) and basically stuff that outspeeds, so sun venu. Hence, scarfrachi.

You seem like one of those people who hate weather because it's no fun. however, i would strongly, very strongly, recommend using Support Lead Tyranitar over hydreigon. Hydreigon doesnt really seem to being a whole lot. tyranitar, on the other hand, checks some celebi, the latis, other pokemon, and provides rocks. its also better at absorbing special attacks in sand, and will help whittle down your opponent. overall, it should be a better fit. it'll also help lure in and beat scizor, who ruins terrakion's day.

Jirachi @Choice Scarf
- Serene Grace -
Jolly
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 speed
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Terrakion @Rock Gem/ Life Orb
- Justified -
Jolly
4 hp/ 252 atk/ 252 speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-scissor/ Quick Attack

Keldeo-R @Life Orb
- Justified -
Timid
4 hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 speed
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- HP Ice/ Ghost

Tyranitar @Leftovers/ Chople Berry
- Sand Stream -
Sassy/ Careful
252 hp/ 4 atk/ 252 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire blast

Calm Mind Jirachi ---> Choice Scarf Jirachi
Choice Scarf Terrakion ---> Swords Dance Terrakion
Choice Specs Keldeo --->Calm Mind Keldeo
Mixed Hydreigon ---> Support Tyranitar

Hopefully, you'll at least try my suggestions. GL with your team, and i hope i helped!

i had actually already changed terra to SD/RP set. No to TTar sorry no weather for me. Im not really grasping cm keldeo and CS rachi but i will test them thanks crazy.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
i had actually already changed terra to SD/RP set. No to TTar sorry no weather for me. Im not really grasping cm keldeo and CS rachi but i will test them thanks crazy.

I have nothing really to say, since Klaus really nailed it with his suggestions. Maybe SubSalac set for Terrakion? And since you don't have an item on Scizor, I'd recommend using Iron Plate or Expert Belt. Bring him in on something, let him take sr damage, the opponent doesn't see LO or lefties so they auto-assume it's a CB set, so they bring in something that you can either set up sd on, or KO with one of your coverage moves. I'd also recommend Zen Headbutt over Fire Punch on Jirachi, so you can surprise Keldeo and Tentacruel, and have a move to finish off Rotom-W if you need to.

Also, let me explain something to you. You're not using Ttar for sand, you're using it to get up rocks and keep offensive pressure, as well as lure in Scizor and Ferrothorn to KO with Fire Blast. He also traps the Lati's who are major pains to this team.

Finally, change Latios's STAB move from Dragon Pulse to Psychic. This is so you can have another Pokemon to revenge kill Keldeo, you, once you Memento off Latios, can smash this team in rain. Which gives Ttar another plus. Sometimes you don't need to think, "What will help my team do better" but instead this "What is best for hurting my team's threats." And in this case, Scarf Keldeo in rain is a major threat, and while only Terrakion directly benefits from Sandstorm, it hinders opposing weather team, so they are less of a threat. Thats all for me, good luck with the team.