• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hypno's Naptime (027)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I screamed when that lady randomly grabbed Ash. The subplot about missing kids was eerie, even though I was surprised that nobody had looked for them at the park. Misty's Seel routine was odd and Team Rocket showing up at the mansion with hang gilders made me giggle. At least Pikachu and the hypnotized victims were eventually restored.

Gillachu

Banned
The mansion on the skyscraper was awesome and I thought TR's way of bouncing Hypnosis with a mirror was genius lol.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
HopHopHop town looked cool and I liked how Drowzee and Hypno were being used by those old people to cure insomnia. I liked how Team rocket broke the 4th wall and Misty accidentally catching Psyduck was funny. ^^

The chateau on the high-rise building was the coolest place I've seen in the old episodes and I thought Psyduck should've been caught by Ash instead. :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Somewhat loved this episode. I liked the backstory when all the children in the city think that they are Pokémon because a Drowzee evolved into Hypno and caused Misty to think she's a Seel, which I thought was funny. I also liked the neat Psyduck capture by Misty though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
As much as I've always liked Junsa, the fact that she and her police force never thought to search for the missing children at the park made me feel like facepalming. I did like how Kasumi accidentally captured Koduck, however. The Sleep and Sleeper hypnosis treatment seemed dangerous, though.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This episode wasn't that bad as two Pokemon, Drowzee and Hypno's hypnotic waves caused strange human and Pokemon behavior. It was funny to see Misty act like a Seel, especially since she's fond of the water types.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
As much as I've always liked Junsa, the fact that she and her police force never thought to search for the missing children at the park made me feel like facepalming.

I guess officer Jenny did seem kind of incompetent here since she didn't exactly do a good job of solving the disappearances on her own and needed Ash's group's help. Then again, Ash helping to solve mysteries is the norm ha ha.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I thought that this episode was fun, but the Hypnosis stuff was a bit random. I wasn't a fan of how Psyduck was caught either because Misty did nothing to deserve it.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I thought that this episode was fun, but the Hypnosis stuff was a bit random. I wasn't a fan of how Psyduck was caught either because Misty did nothing to deserve it.

Hypno causing issues with the kids in the city made sense to me cuz of how its sleep wavelengths were amplified when it evolved. At the very least, I felt that Hypno's hypnosis side effect was one of Kanto's most interesting subplots.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, perhaps Kasumi capturing Koduck would've made more sense if Koduck had somehow played a part in reversing Sleeper's hypnotic trance, yet instead it was Sleep that cured Kasumi of her affliction. I just feel that the capture of Koduck could've easily been written better by changing a few things in this episode.

Manchee

extra toasty
This is one of the episodes I really enjoyed as a kid. It has a very creepy feel to it with the story taking place on top of a building in a city, but I still think it's so cool. And all of the kids acting like Pokémon! I still laugh when the girl who thinks she's a Weedle comes down the tree, lol. Drowzee and Hypno are both pretty odd Pokémon, and this showed it off well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I actually wonder now if the differences between Sleep's sleep waves and Sleeper's sleep waves even made sense, because it seems odd that Sleep would be the antidote to its evolved form's powers when Sleep should be inferior to Sleeper.

Officer Jenny's bad at her job since she couldn't even check the park to find the missing children herself. Imagine how things would've turned out if Ash's pals hadn't arrived. *Shudders*

gentwoer

I actually wonder now if the differences between Sleep's sleep waves and Sleeper's sleep waves even made sense, because it seems odd that Sleep would be the antidote to its evolved form's powers when Sleep should be inferior to Sleeper.

This whole episode was just dumb though. Why does Jenny just happen to have a sleep wave detector. Why does Team Rocket (yeah they're using it track the source to put their boss to sleep but how did they even know that in the first place?) how did the hypnotized kids make it all the way up to the top floor on the sky scraper? Why does the Pokemon Lovers Club just happen to have a Drowzee and Hypno when they were only using Hypno? Drowzee is just chilling there until the plot needs him

Leonhart

Imagineer
ᎠᎬȺᎢḤ said:
Officer Jenny's bad at her job since she couldn't even check the park to find the missing children herself. Imagine how things would've turned out if Ash's pals hadn't arrived. *Shudders*

In Junsa's defense, the metropolis here seemed as vast as New York City, and the park itself looked so huge that even the police couldn't traverse it easily.