• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hypno's Naptime (027)

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Hypno was creepy in this episode. I disliked children acting like Pokemon, but I liked the way Psyduck ended up in Misty's team.
7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
Hypno was creepy in this episode. I disliked children acting like Pokemon, but I liked the way Psyduck ended up in Misty's team.
7/10

Really? I found it to be less creepy in this episode than in the games, where it had a rather bizarre in-game sprite back in Red and Green version. I actually liked how the anime managed to make the species seem powerful since Sleeper could hypnotize kids that were really far away from the epicenter of its sleep waves.

Seeing Ash, Misty and Brock in such a big city was better than watching them walking around a typical forest or grassland like they had been doing for most of the series up to this stage. I liked how the people at the skyscraper were using hypnosis to help them relax and fall asleep because even though it seemed crazy, it makes sense that people in the Pokemon universe would use Pokemon like Drowzee and Hypno for their personal benefit. 8/10

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I love the quick scene of Brock flirting with Joy while Ash is punching the air and Misty is in the middle like ‘what am I gonna do with them?’ It’s pretty much all you need to see to know what the entire Kanto season is about.

Anyway, decided to watch the subs and a line they changed from the original is the dub line where Misty talks about being in movies and Ash says something about it being a horror movie. I can’t remember the line word for word but even though it was funnier in the dub, the Pokeshipper in me prefers the original dialogue where Misty says she should be careful because of how cute she is and Ash just kind of agrees with her to shut her up, “yeah yeah you’re cute...” I also liked how they played on this scene later in the episode when Misty woke up.

I also really like that Ash thought of Delia while he was staring at the woman who was worried about her missing son. And Ash trying to play detective was kind of funny.

Having a mansion on top of the roof of a skyscraper was definitely strange but I guess that was just a part of the early OS weirdness. Speaking of weird..that scene of the kids being hypnotized and imitating Pokémon. But did anyone notice that that one kid who was acting like Bulbasaur, really looked like one too? I really miss the weird fillers like this one.
And I still get kicks out of Psyduck catching himself lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
PorcelainVulpix said:
I also really like that Ash thought of Delia while he was staring at the woman who was worried about her missing son. And Ash trying to play detective was kind of funny.

Satoshi remembering his mother was sweet since it showed that despite his eagerness to travel around the world, even he gets homesick sometimes. But the actual flashback that was shown was probably confusing to most dub viewers since it was from a skipped episode.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Never understood how Drowzee and Hypno hypnotizing people was some kind of alternative medical procedure that improved people's moods and health.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The hypnosis treatment was meant to be like a stress reduction procedure to make the club members more relaxed so that they could get a good night's sleep. If I remember right, it was either implied or said outright that living in such a bustling metropolis led to the club members suffering from insomnia.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Yes and that would have the side affect of improving their health in a way since they could get more sleep that way and wake up restored.

This leads me to be confused on your original post. You didnt understand how hypnosis put them to sleep?

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
This leads me to be confused on your original post. You didnt understand how hypnosis put them to sleep?

I know that hypnotism in the anime puts Pokemon and I guess people here to sleep but I've heard that in real life people get hypnotized in order to relieve their stress and anxiety. So I was thinking that there was a connection between real life hypnotism and this episode. I'm sorry if it was confusing. :p

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I know that hypnotism in the anime puts Pokemon and I guess people here to sleep but I've heard that in real life people get hypnotized in order to relieve their stress and anxiety. So I was thinking that there was a connection between real life hypnotism and this episode. I'm sorry if it was confusing. :p

Lol it’s fine, I see what you’re saying now!

PSYDUCK!!!!!!!
Drowzee and Hypno are underrated Pokémon.