• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hypothetical Voice Actors for Sword & Shield

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I don’t know, Todd Haberkon sounds like a good idea, but I still like Richard Ayoade better for Bede since his voice kind of sounds like a sneaky British nerd. If you’ve ever seen the IT Crowd or Apple & Onion, you’d know what I mean

Bryce Papenbrook could work Form Hop, but I like the idea of him & Leon being voiced by Phil Lamar. Maybe he could voice Victor instead
In all honesty, I can't see him voice Victor. You know who I can see voice Victor of both the games and manga? Michael Sinterniklaaass who did the voice work for Kenji Koiso of Summer Wars if your going for something young and naive or Johnny Young Bosch who did the voice work of Brock of Pokemon Origins if your going for something more of an experienced but still enthusiastic traveler.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
In all honesty, I can't see him voice Victor. You know who I can see voice Victor of both the games and manga? Michael Sinterniklaaass who did the voice work for Kenji Koiso of Summer Wars if your going for something young and naive or Johnny Young Bosch who did the voice work of Brock of Pokemon Origins if your going for something more of an experienced but still enthusiastic traveler.
I need to check those out. Not looking at the Adventures Manga, I kind of see Victor sounding like someone insecure, wishy washy, and doubtful of himself. His overall design gives me the feeling that he’s partly based on King Arthur, so his VA would sound meek & timid at the beginning but would then sound more strong and determined as he gains more confidence in himself.

shoz999

I need to check those out. Not looking at the Adventures Manga, I kind of see Victor sounding like someone insecure, wishy washy, and doubtful of himself. His overall design gives me the feeling that he’s partly based on King Arthur, so his VA would sound meek & timid at the beginning but would then sound more strong and determined as he gains more confidence in himself.

I'm using this as a reference point to get an idea what VA sounds like who fits who. Although it's mostly focused on Pokemon Adventure characters, the VA examples genuinely do sound like they can fit in any Pokemon canon, especially the games. For the two VAs I mentioned previously, just look at the first two VA suggestions for Red & Green Oak.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

I'm using this as a reference point to get an idea what VA sounds like who fits who. Although it's mostly focused on Pokemon Adventure characters, the VA examples genuinely do sound like they can fit in any Pokemon canon, especially the games. For the two VAs I mentioned previously, just look at the first two VA suggestions for Red & Green Oak.
You’re right, either of these guys could work for Victor. Michael Sinterniklaaass would be perfect for the meek and insecure version, while Johnny Young Bosch would work better if you want him to sound more like Sorou from Pokémon Adventures

shoz999

You’re right, either of these guys could work for Victor. Michael Sinterniklaaass would be perfect for the meek and insecure version, while Johnny Young Bosch would work better if you want him to sound more like Sorou from Pokémon Adventures
On another note. I think I found the voice your looking for in terms of Victor. Jesse McCartney, the guy who voices Roxas from Kingdom Hearts. His voice work is also in the video, representing Diamond or in the games, Lucas.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
On another note. I think I found the voice your looking for in terms of Victor. Jesse McCartney, the guy who voices Roxas from Kingdom Hearts. His voice work is also in the video, representing Diamond or in the games, Lucas.
I still like Michael better, but I see what you mean.

Also, after hearing Todd Haberkorn again, I think you’re right about him voicing Bede & I think Richard Ayoade could could do Hop instead while Phil Lamar would just voice Leon

Last edited:

shoz999

I still like Michael better, but I see what you mean.

Also, after hearing Todd Haberkorn again, I think you’re right about him voicing Bede & I think Richard Ayoade could could do Hop instead while Phil Lamar would just voice Leon
What about Benjamin Diskin, the VA of Joseph Joestar in Battle Tendency, as the VA of Leon?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
What about Benjamin Diskin, the VA of Joseph Joestar in Battle Tendency, as the VA of Leon?
Well, I really want to pick someone either with a British accent for Leon or who can easily pull one off, basically like a British All Might or Goku (though not Sean Schimmel or All Might’s VA).

I feel Leon should sound like a British guy in his early-mid 20s whose voice gives off a strong, confident, & reliable tone like Goku or All Might in his hero form.

shoz999

Well, I really want to pick someone either with a British accent for Leon or who can easily pull one off, basically like a British All Might or Goku (though not Sean Schimmel or All Might’s VA).

I feel Leon should sound like a British guy in his early-mid 20s whose voice gives off a strong, confident, & reliable tone like Goku or All Might in his hero form.
That's why I thought this guy would make a good Leon. He does a very good British accent for a young person in my opinion.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
That's why I thought this guy would make a good Leon. He does a very good British accent for a young person in my opinion.
Oh my gosh, I didn’t realize Benjamin Diskin voiced Numbuh 1 from Kids Next Door!! He could work as Leon, though I can’t find any clips that show him playing a character with that strong vibrato. Otherwise I could see him playing Hop instead.

shoz999

Oh my gosh, I didn’t realize Benjamin Diskin voiced Numbuh 1 from Kids Next Door!! He could work as Leon, though I can’t find any clips that show him playing a character with that strong vibrato. Otherwise I could see him playing Hop instead.

His VA for JoJo's Bizarre Adventures made me think this guy would make a good Leon. Actually the more I think about it, this is a very good fake British accent lol.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

His VA for JoJo's Bizarre Adventures made me think this guy would make a good Leon. Actually the more I think about it, this is a very good fake British accent lol.
Yeah, Diskin sounds good but he’s a little too young for Leon. He would fit better for Hop or possibly replace Todd Haberkorn as Bede’s VA since his accent has a bit of a stuck up, upper class tone to it

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
You know what else didn't make sense? Voicing American accents for a region based on France.

Neither did having American accents for four regions based on Japan in a row.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Tara Strong as Marnie. Don't know. What about Laura Bailey, the VA of Maka Albarn from Soul Eater, voicing Marnie? She's the first actress that comes to mind when voicing Yellow but I can see her voice Marnie because Marnie is a serious confident and caring individual.

Laura Bailey doesn't really strike me for Marnie. I imagine Marnie having a more brooding voice, which Tara Strong can do rather well for teen characters.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm just wondering who would be a good voice for Allister.
Based on a few suggestions people made yesterday, I think either Todd Haberkorn or Freddie Highmore could be a good VA for Allister, either that or the guy who played Draco Malfoy

shoz999

Neither did having American accents for four regions based on Japan in a row.
I don't know about that. From my experience, a lot of people originate from East Asia that speak English pretty well sound pretty American in my opinion.

I'm just wondering who would be a good voice for Allister.
Laura Bailey. In the video I posted, one of the reasons why people think Laura Bailey might be a good fit for Yellow is her work doing both a boy and girl voice since Yellow disguised herself as a boy and her boy voice sounds great as Allister at his age.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I kind of see Estelle (who voices Garnet in Steven Universe) as being Nessa's voice actor. She's British as well, which is a plus for Galar. Zach Callinson (Steven) could work as Hop, and Deedee Magno-Hall (Pearl) I could see as Melony, but if she had a deeper voice than Pearl does.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’ve always wanted to hear Tara Strong, Cree Summers, And Tress Macneill on Pokémon. Tress could use her old lady voice for Opal only it has a bit of young at heart energy to it to match the personality. Tara could voice Go using a voice similar to 10 year old Ben Tennyson And Cree would be good as Nessa whom I see as being sassy which is something a lot of Cree’s roles are.