• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hypothetical XY Third Version/Sequel Team

Torpoleon

Pokémon XY Third Version/Sequel Team
Makes sense to assume that there will be a sequel or third version to XY, so here is a team I could potentially use. Obviously it doesn't take into account a potential move tutor moves or new megas that could be introduced in the new game, but it's something. I wont use egg moves or hidden abilities, unfortunately.

658.png

Gamakichi/Greninja @ Wise Glasses
Surf
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
Extrasensory

Pretty self-explanatory. Unfortunately since I wont use hidden abilities, I can't take advantage of Protean.

663.png

Capt. Falcon/Talonflame @ Flying Gem
Flare Blitz
Acrobatics
Steel Wing
Roost

I figured that Acrobatics is almost as powerful as Brave Bird with no items, so that might be a better option than Brave Bird, since it also suffers from no recoil. Steel Wing is filler (I wish it had 100% accuracy though) and Roost can help recover HP lost from Flare Blitz.

701.png

Mucha Lucha/Hawlucha @ Muscle Band
Brick Break
Fly
Rock Slide
Thunder Punch

Unless Game Freak brings back Soaring in the Sky with another Pokémon, I have to stick with Fly, unfortunately. Tried to give it as much type coverage as possible. Of course this moveset could be different if mine has Unburden.

448.png
448-m.png

Beerus/Lucario (Mega) @ Lucarionite
Close Combat
Ice Punch
Aura Sphere
Flash Cannon

Close Combat & Flash Cannon get STAB (and Adaptability), while Ice Punch has great type coverage. Aura Sphere is a secondary fighting type move due to Close Combat's limited PP.

706.png

Katsuyu/Goodra @ Assault Vest
Dragon Pulse
Sludge Wave
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt

I heard that the Assault Vest is a good item for Goodra, so I'll go with it. Going with the likes of Dragon Pulse & Flamethrower over Draco Meteor & Fire Blast because of stat loss and accuracy respectively.

707.png

Navi/Klefki @ Light Clay
Dazzling Gleam
Reflect
Light Screen
Spikes

Light Clay increases the length of turns for Reflect & Light Screen. Spikes can help cripple the other team. Dazzling Gleam so it has some kind of attack.

Last edited:

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Right now it seems as if you are wasting Mega Lucario's Adaptability. Although you are using Close Combat, which is obscenely powerful after the boost, you aren't taking advantage of Lucario's other type: Steel. Although it has, in the past, not been a good attacking type, with the advent of the Fairy type, it becomes an almost too good asset to have. Fairy types run rampant in Kalos, and seeing that you only have one move on the team that is supereffective against them, and that move is on one of your Pokémon that is weak to it, I believe that Lucario should run Flash Cannon. It has a net base damage of 160 with flawless accuracy and no drawback. It completely wrecks the ingame fairies. It could easily replace Psychic or even Earthquake, as Ground and Fighting type moves have redundant coverage when used together.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Right now it seems as if you are wasting Mega Lucario's Adaptability. Although you are using Close Combat, which is obscenely powerful after the boost, you aren't taking advantage of Lucario's other type: Steel. Although it has, in the past, not been a good attacking type, with the advent of the Fairy type, it becomes an almost too good asset to have. Fairy types run rampant in Kilos, and seeing that you only have one move on the team that is supereffective against them, and that move is on one of your Pokémon that is weak to it, I believe that Lucario should run Flash Cannon. It has a net base damage of 160 with flawless accuracy and no drawback. It completely wrecks the ingame fairies. It could easily replace Psychic or even Earthquake, as Ground and Fighting type moves have redundant coverage when used together.
Yeah, you're right. I didn't notice that I had very few options against Fairy types. Definitely going to go with Flash Cannon over Psychic (losing Psychic means I lose a super effective move against Fighting types, but at least Lucario's other moves should do decent damage against them).

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
You could keep Psychic. Earthquake adds fire, electric, and poison coverage. Fire and electric types both take more damage from Close Combat, and poison types can't do anything to Lucario anyway. Earthquake just really isn't needed. However, I would replace it with another fighting move. It alleviates a problem that may occur with Close Combat's low PP, because in certain stretches you might just run out, sine it has a maximum of 8. I feel that Aura Sphere would actually be a good choice. Plus, Fighting-Steel-Ice coverage is resisted by a very small number of Pokémon.

Torpoleon

You could keep Psychic. Earthquake adds fire, electric, and poison coverage. Fire and electric types both take more damage from Close Combat, and poison types can't do anything to Lucario anyway. Earthquake just really isn't needed. However, I would replace it with another fighting move. It alleviates a problem that may occur with Close Combat's low PP, because in certain stretches you might just run out, sine it has a maximum of 8. I feel that Aura Sphere would actually be a good choice. Plus, Fighting-Steel-Ice coverage is resisted by a very small number of Pokémon.
That sounds pretty good. Thanks!