• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hypothetically, Can the Isshu Team Rocket Suceed in Stealing Ash & Co's Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Yea, why not? Lets give them a victory. Joker had his against Batman a few times, lets give I-TRio some Ws

kickachu

Momentai!
I think that they can since they've changed anything could happen with them and that means they could even steal Ash and Co's pokemon and might use a device to make their pokemon turn against them like when Ken was the Digimon emperor and make Agumon wear a dark spirial and forced him to dark digivolve in digimon adventure 2.

Grei

not the color
I think it'd be really interesting if Team Rocket stole Ash's upcoming Meguroku and used it for an extended period of time. It's young and impressionable, and it'd be cool if TR stole it, made it do bad deeds and fight against Ash, and then eventually it would go back to Ash and would be a total badass.

This sort of thing could also work (probably more easily) on any Pokemon that had some sort of amnesia. I vote Oshawott for the amnesiac. Then it can come back to Ash, evolve, and be awesome.

Blaziryu

The writers of the show can sugarcoat TR all they want but they're never going to suceed in stealing Ash & Co's PKMN because they're still a bunch of losers.

Trapman

Bazinga!!
Hence why the thread is called "Hypothetically". Obviously they won't but disregarding if its taboo or not, or if the writers will ever do that, do you think Team Rocket can?

They´re still loosers, so I´m gonna go with a no.

magicallypuzzled

hypothetically the old team rocket before best wishes could steal ash's pokemon they have actually gotten away with it before. they just didn't fly far enought afterwards and ash was able to catch up when team rocket was snoozing in a cabin thinking they had suceeded.

so seeing as how thats the case the answer is rather obvious.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
To be honest, what ever there doing, I could see them turn around after doing all this serious stuff and failing again. Whatever there doing, I can see it completely climaxing and then completely going belly up. Its just team Rocket's way. I'm just hoping we get to see them soon! I miss them! Also I wanna see what Pokemon James gets :L

kickachu

Momentai!
I think it'd be really interesting if Team Rocket stole Ash's upcoming Meguroku and used it for an extended period of time. It's young and impressionable, and it'd be cool if TR stole it, made it do bad deeds and fight against Ash, and then eventually it would go back to Ash and would be a total badass.

This sort of thing could also work (probably more easily) on any Pokemon that had some sort of amnesia. I vote Oshawott for the amnesiac. Then it can come back to Ash, evolve, and be awesome.

I don't know since they're busy with some kind big TR mission i say that after it's done then they could steal his and his friends' pokemon

Legendary Dreams

Actually they can. Given how meticulous they are now, and if they had something like the BW10 Escape Truck, they could potentially capture Pikachu using some device thats immune to anything Acreus can be, put it in an equally type-immune capsule, escape and quickly transfer it to Giovanni immediately.

I dream of the day they actually succeed in doing that to one of Ash's newer Pokemon, and then Team Rocket gets condemned by N (and Team Plasma) and that introduces us to Team Plasma, whose purpose, after all, is the opposite of Team Rocket's.

Of course, being's a kid show, I doubt they will ever give us that situation. The nearest thing with that possibiltiy is to replace "Ash's" with "Wild" and we still can bring in Team Plasma and N. (Why go through that trouble for a Wild Pokemon though, is a good question. Perhaps they catch something decently powerful with that, like a Wargle???)

cazatron

i think there might be one or two story arcs where they have captured one of the trio's pokemon and they are trying to get them back but not a permanent thing.
also i'd like to see the next couple of pokemon they obtain be stolen instead of captured.
does anyone know if team rocket have retained their personalities? it's difficult to judge just from the episode pics

altariaking

SPPF is friendly.
I hope they steal Pikachu and Ash gets so upset about it that he hands his main character role over to someone else. Yeah...that would be great...maybe they can destroy Pikachu and Ash completely...that would be better...I'd be so freackin' happy.

Kirby2000

i think there might be one or two story arcs where they have captured one of the trio's pokemon and they are trying to get them back but not a permanent thing.
also i'd like to see the next couple of pokemon they obtain be stolen instead of captured.
does anyone know if team rocket have retained their personalities? it's difficult to judge just from the episode pics

Well to kinda quote what I said somewhere else.

Their presonalities are still their it just that they haven't have enough screen time to show it much. Such as in episode 4 the main reason Meowth revealed that he wasn't a Umbreon was because of the fact that the people was so moved at the fact that they found a pokemon that wasn't in Unova that he hesitate to keep lying since he felt so bad. And if I remember correctly Meowth did have a small history for feeling sorry for people. Ex. "Time Warp Heals All Wounds"

Haunter ゴースト

I think they very easily could now, they could pretty much do anything with their new attitudes only thing is, they will never be successful, the writers will never make the bad guys win.

Fissure1

I'm currently liking mysterious and serious Team Rocket now. It's a nice change of pace, them not getting blasted off and just getting away. I was pretty surprised the first time it happened. think they could steal a pokemon if they really tried.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I'm currently liking mysterious and serious Team Rocket now. It's a nice change of pace, them not getting blasted off and just getting away. I was pretty surprised the first time it happened. think they could steal a pokemon if they really tried.

Yeah I'm liking them alot now. My fondness of TR went from 15% to 85%

Looks like the Writers DID look at the Forums.... because I constantly *****ed about how they'd better make Team Rocket not blast off in the next series, or else I'd stop watching the series..... jk

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Unfortunately for the trio,they can't sucsessfully steal the hero's Pokemon.The series isn't dark or edgy enough to allow the protagonists to lose their Pokemon.If it had a PG rating,I could see it happen,but otherwise,the laws of children show physics would prevent this

However,if it was darker(not too dark,maybe about Pokemon Special Level),they'd have a shot.Maybe in some alternate reality where the anime was darker,this happened.But not in ours.I do think that the revamped trio could steal Pokemon.

However,they could only do this when Ash and co aren't present.Otherwise the twerps will try to stop them,and the power of censorship/the G-rating will stop them.In fact,I clearly remember this being sucsessful with the Hitmolee they stole way back in the Grand Prix(yes,it happened,go check it out).It was the only sucsessful theft they accomplished after meeting Ash,so I remember it well

BuizelPidgeot

Thay have always been able to, but they have never been able to keep them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.