1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Hypothetically, Would Anime-exclusive Pokemon been a good idea?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by KirliaToon50, Jul 29, 2020.

?

Would Anime-Exclusive Pokemon been possible in Pokemon Universe?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    90.9%
  1. KirliaToon50

KirliaToon50 The Pokemon Viewer since 1997.

I know Anime-exclusive Locations and Character of The Day (I'm talking about Anime-Exclusive Humans not Pokemon themselves) exists but let's say in that scenario, The Writers comes up with a excuse to create Anime-Exclusive Fakemon Only designed for the Pokemon Anime.

Would it been a good idea in Pokemon Anime Universe?

Discuss and vote.

2. Mew29240

Mew29240 Well-Known Member

Pokemon debuting first in the anime before the games (teasers) are fine because we would get them in the games eventually. If a Pokemon (a brand-new species and not a variation of an existing one like Crystal Onix) stayed anime exclusive, I feel like that would be a problem. There's bound to be people who want to use that Pokemon in the games based on its anime portrayal and it'd be pretty bad form for it to not be available at all (or ever).

3. Redstar45

Redstar45 The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Or pink butterfree as the shiny ones suck badly

4. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I don't mind the idea of anime exclusive forms since that's something that the writers have done since OS, but I don't like the idea of them creating completely original Pokemon for themselves. I just wouldn't see the point when there's already over 800 Pokemon that they can focus on.

5. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix #ChespinGang

For what is worthy, Takeshi Shudo is technically one of Lugia's creators.

Anyway, I don't think it'd be a good idea since if it's a pokémon avaliable in the games, then there'll be fan backlash.

6. Applecorp

Applecorp Well-Known Member

They could do it I hope they don't. There are so many variant Pokemon that haven't appeared yet so instead of making more Pokemon for the show they could try to actually show all Pokemon that already exist.

7. AznKei

AznKei Team girls in Trials Of Mana FTW! XD

I remembered when Ash-Greninja was shown in XYZ for the 1st time. There's fans who thought it was exclusive to the anime, to the point it was called a "hax transformation" to be on par against Mega Evolution, that is until Ash-Greninja eventually be available as a gift in the SM games. So, for the OP question, no it's not a good idea, even if it's a transformation from an existing Pokemon.

NeedsAName, Shadao, Ubermuk and 3 others like this.
  8. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

I think it depends on the Pokémon and situation. If it is something like the giant ancient Pokémon of Pokeopolis then yes I don’t mind. But if it’s a Pokémon that doesn’t exist in the games and never gets programmed into the games then it would bother me.

NeedsAName and LilligantLewis like this.
  9. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Big NO from me. Dont really see the point of making anime exclusive Pokemon. Plus there would be definite backlash as people mentioned above

LilligantLewis and Applecorp like this.
  10. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hello again."

Nope.

In fact, we can't even use Ash-Greninja anymore. Would be cheap if it got in, since its creation was meant to be like Mega Evolution in a way.

NeedsAName and AznKei like this.
  11. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life

Togepi and Ho-oh got it's debut in the anime first long before the Gen 2 Games.
    Even Ash has no clue about this new Pokemon that was hatched on it's egg.

BabaVanga and NeedsAName like this.
  12. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hello again."

Johto was in the works right around when the anime debuted. Both Ho-oh and Togepi are Game Freak creations, not anime-only creations.

NeedsAName and LilligantLewis like this.
  13. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Do we know for sure that he created Lugia himself? Because Dogasu's write up about the Lugia movie said something along the lines of Mr. Shudo asking the game designers [Game Freak] to create a new Legendary that represented the sea, not necessarily that Mr. Shudo had direct involvement in designing Lugia.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    LilligantLewis and Applecorp like this.
  14. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix #ChespinGang

Applecorp likes this.
  15. Applecorp

Applecorp Well-Known Member

Those aren't anime exclusive Pokemon though the writers just knew about them ahead of time and introduced them before Gold and Silver came out. I always thought that was pointless because Gold and Silver didn't come out until like 2 years after Ho-Oh's first appearance but whatever.

Ubermuk likes this.
  16. Ubermuk

Ubermuk Sticky & Sweet

Makes me wonder if they designed Lugia from scratch or if they took Farfetch'd's beta evo and redesigned it to make Lugia. 'Cause they sorta look similar to me.

Spider-Phoenix and Leonhart like this.
  17. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I did notice that Madame bears a slight similarity to Lugia, although I think it's most likely a coincidence since they're both swan-like in appearance. I always thought that Lugia should've been Water/Flying or Dragon/Flying instead of Psychic/Flying since I don't really show how the Psychic-type fits the species.

NeedsAName likes this.
  18. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

Personally unless they are going to be in the game later it seems a choice I wouldn't recommend. If anime exclusive pokemon becomes popular then people want to use it in game. If it was variant form like the anime has done before that's less odd but even then people would want to use one.

Ubermuk and Leonhart like this.
  19. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

NO.
    Showing new Pokemon early is perfectly fine but there are literally almost 900 Pokemon out there, surely something can fulfill the role that they need.

NeedsAName and Ubermuk like this.
  20. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

It's probably true that most anime exclusive Pokemon or anime exclusive forms would eventually be added to the games because of popularity like in the case of Satoshi-Gekkouga, so the writers coming up with Pokemon that are meant to be exclusive to the anime seems like a lost cause since they'd almost certainly be adapted into the games eventually.

Shadao, Ubermuk and Redstar45 like this.