• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hypothetically, Would Anime-exclusive Pokemon been a good idea?

Would Anime-Exclusive Pokemon been possible in Pokemon Universe?

• Yes

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 88.5%

• Total voters
I know Anime-exclusive Locations and Character of The Day (I'm talking about Anime-Exclusive Humans not Pokemon themselves) exists but let's say in that scenario, The Writers comes up with a excuse to create Anime-Exclusive Fakemon Only designed for the Pokemon Anime.

Would it been a good idea in Pokemon Anime Universe?

Discuss and vote.

Mew29240

I know Anime-exclusive Locations and Character of The Day (I'm talking about Anime-Exclusive Humans not Pokemon themselves) exists but let's say in that scenario, The Writers comes up with a excuse to create Anime-Exclusive Fakemon Only designed for the Pokemon Anime.

Would it been a good idea in Pokemon Anime Universe?

Discuss and vote.

Pokemon debuting first in the anime before the games (teasers) are fine because we would get them in the games eventually. If a Pokemon (a brand-new species and not a variation of an existing one like Crystal Onix) stayed anime exclusive, I feel like that would be a problem. There's bound to be people who want to use that Pokemon in the games based on its anime portrayal and it'd be pretty bad form for it to not be available at all (or ever).

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Pokemon debuting first in the anime before the games (teasers) are fine because we would get them in the games eventually. If a Pokemon (a brand-new species and not a variation of an existing one like Crystal Onix) stayed anime exclusive, I feel like that would be a problem. There's bound to be people who want to use that Pokemon in the games based on its anime portrayal and it'd be pretty bad form for it to not be available at all (or ever).
Or pink butterfree as the shiny ones suck badly

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't mind the idea of anime exclusive forms since that's something that the writers have done since OS, but I don't like the idea of them creating completely original Pokemon for themselves. I just wouldn't see the point when there's already over 800 Pokemon that they can focus on.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For what is worthy, Takeshi Shudo is technically one of Lugia's creators.

Anyway, I don't think it'd be a good idea since if it's a pokémon avaliable in the games, then there'll be fan backlash.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I remembered when Ash-Greninja was shown in XYZ for the 1st time. There's fans who thought it was exclusive to the anime, to the point it was called a "hax transformation" to be on par against Mega Evolution, that is until Ash-Greninja eventually be available as a gift in the SM games. So, for the OP question, no it's not a good idea, even if it's a transformation from an existing Pokemon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think it depends on the Pokémon and situation. If it is something like the giant ancient Pokémon of Pokeopolis then yes I don’t mind. But if it’s a Pokémon that doesn’t exist in the games and never gets programmed into the games then it would bother me.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:

Do we know for sure that he created Lugia himself? Because Dogasu's write up about the Lugia movie said something along the lines of Mr. Shudo asking the game designers [Game Freak] to create a new Legendary that represented the sea, not necessarily that Mr. Shudo had direct involvement in designing Lugia.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Applecorp

Togepi and Ho-oh got it's debut in the anime first long before the Gen 2 Games.
Even Ash has no clue about this new Pokemon that was hatched on it's egg.

Those aren't anime exclusive Pokemon though the writers just knew about them ahead of time and introduced them before Gold and Silver came out. I always thought that was pointless because Gold and Silver didn't come out until like 2 years after Ho-Oh's first appearance but whatever.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet

Anyway, I don't think it'd be a good idea since if it's a pokémon avaliable in the games, then there'll be fan backlash.

Makes me wonder if they designed Lugia from scratch or if they took Farfetch'd's beta evo and redesigned it to make Lugia. 'Cause they sorta look similar to me.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Makes me wonder if they designed Lugia from scratch or if they took Farfetch'd's beta evo and redesigned it to make Lugia. 'Cause they sorta look similar to me.

I did notice that Madame bears a slight similarity to Lugia, although I think it's most likely a coincidence since they're both swan-like in appearance. I always thought that Lugia should've been Water/Flying or Dragon/Flying instead of Psychic/Flying since I don't really show how the Psychic-type fits the species.

Luthor

Personally unless they are going to be in the game later it seems a choice I wouldn't recommend. If anime exclusive pokemon becomes popular then people want to use it in game. If it was variant form like the anime has done before that's less odd but even then people would want to use one.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
NO.
Showing new Pokemon early is perfectly fine but there are literally almost 900 Pokemon out there, surely something can fulfill the role that they need.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
Personally unless they are going to be in the game later it seems a choice I wouldn't recommend. If anime exclusive pokemon becomes popular then people want to use it in game. If it was variant form like the anime has done before that's less odd but even then people would want to use one.

It's probably true that most anime exclusive Pokemon or anime exclusive forms would eventually be added to the games because of popularity like in the case of Satoshi-Gekkouga, so the writers coming up with Pokemon that are meant to be exclusive to the anime seems like a lost cause since they'd almost certainly be adapted into the games eventually.